Vista SP1 no longer on Windows Update for me? How to get it back!

Levi

Vista SP1 no longer on Windows Update for me? How to get it back!
I originally went to install SP1 for x64 Vista, but canceled the install
programt before even starting due to other programs running on my machine at
the same time. Upon canceling the installation I ended up getting error code
Code4C7. I closed the update window thinking that I would go back and run
windows update after I was done using my other programs. But now, when I go
into windows update, it doesn't even give me the option to install SP1. I
check the Update history and it has on there the failed attempt to install
SP1, but does not give me the little check box in order to install it. Is
there somewhere that I can download SP1 and bypass windows update, or a way
that I can try to display the option back in windows update program? Thanks
for the help!

Re: Vista SP1 no longer on Windows Update for me? How to get it back!
Vista SP1 hasn't been released to the public via Windows Update yet. Post
here instead:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...1992&SiteID=17
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Levi wrote:
> I originally went to install SP1 for x64 Vista, but canceled the install
> programt before even starting due to other programs running on my machine
> at
> the same time. Upon canceling the installation I ended up getting error
> code
> Code4C7. I closed the update window thinking that I would go back and run
> windows update after I was done using my other programs. But now, when I
> go
> into windows update, it doesn't even give me the option to install SP1. I
> check the Update history and it has on there the failed attempt to install
> SP1, but does not give me the little check box in order to install it. Is
> there somewhere that I can download SP1 and bypass windows update, or a
> way
> that I can try to display the option back in windows update program?
> Thanks
> for the help!

Shenan Stanley

Levi wrote:
> I originally went to install SP1 for x64 Vista, but canceled the
> install programt before even starting due to other programs running
> on my machine at the same time. Upon canceling the installation I
> ended up getting error code Code4C7. I closed the update window
> thinking that I would go back and run windows update after I was
> done using my other programs. But now, when I go into windows
> update, it doesn't even give me the option to install SP1. I check
> the Update history and it has on there the failed attempt to
> install SP1, but does not give me the little check box in order to
> install it. Is there somewhere that I can download SP1 and bypass
> windows update, or a way that I can try to display the option back
> in windows update program? Thanks for the help!

What you were probably originally getting when you started the download was
not the final release (be glad you cancelled it.)

Windows Vista SP1 is NOT on Windows Update or Automatic updates yet. It has
been Released to Manufacturing (RTM) - but it is not out there for full
public consumption yet. It will be phased into such things throughout
March/April.

Be patient.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

rose''s garden

RE: Vista SP1 no longer on Windows Update for me? How to get it back!
I Roselyn Napier is try to restore every thing back on my computer, somehow i
lost everything so i'am trying to restore all of microsoft.
--
Roselyn Napier

"Levi" wrote:

> I originally went to install SP1 for x64 Vista, but canceled the install
> programt before even starting due to other programs running on my machine at
> the same time. Upon canceling the installation I ended up getting error code
> Code4C7. I closed the update window thinking that I would go back and run
> windows update after I was done using my other programs. But now, when I go
> into windows update, it doesn't even give me the option to install SP1. I
> check the Update history and it has on there the failed attempt to install
> SP1, but does not give me the little check box in order to install it. Is
> there somewhere that I can download SP1 and bypass windows update, or a way
> that I can try to display the option back in windows update program? Thanks
> for the help!

Shenan Stanley

rose''s garden wrote:
> I Roselyn Napier is try to restore every thing back on my computer,
> somehow i lost everything so i'am trying to restore all of
> microsoft.

If english is not your native language - you may wish to find a newsgroup
and post in your native language.

If english is your native language - please try to be as precise in your
description as possible. Using the correct terminology is not as important
as just describing what it is you have done/are trying to do and what you
see. Only you (at least as far as these newsgroups are concerned) can see
your computer and tell us what is going on. Only you (at least as far as
these newsgroups are concerned) can know what you have tried and what you
were originally attempting to do when the issue occurred.

I could take a stab at what you meant... but it would be 100% guess.

You somehow messed up Windows XP and you wish to install it fresh so
everything will work again?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Vista SP1 no longer on Windows Update for me? How to get it back!
March 18, 2008: Vista SP1 available on Windows Update, Download Center

April 18, 2008: Vista SP1 pushed via automatic download

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/zainnab/archiv...vista-sp1.aspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP