My screen is yellow after a failed Update

bmkassociates

My screen is yellow after a failed Update
I installed an automatic update which somehow failed to install. After
rebooting my display is completely yellow with no true colours. It shows
perfect in SAFE MODE but as soon as I go to normal Windows it loses all true
colour as if someone has removed the BLUE or RED from the overall colour.
Anyone help me or tell me what's gone wrong?
Shenan Stanley

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
bmkassociates wrote:
> I installed an automatic update which somehow failed to install.
> After rebooting my display is completely yellow with no true
> colours. It shows perfect in SAFE MODE but as soon as I go to
> normal Windows it loses all true colour as if someone has removed
> the BLUE or RED from the overall colour. Anyone help me or tell me
> what's gone wrong?

Visit the hardware manufacturer's web page (support/downloads/drivers
section) for your video card. Download and install the latest software
driver for your particular model of video card.

Now sure what the make/model is?

http://www.belarc.com/
(Get the Advisor, run it, print the results and look for the Make/Model of
the Video or Graphics card/adapter you have in your machine.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

bmkassociates

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
Thanks for your help. The machine is an Advent 7113 and using your advice I
found out that the driver seems to be an Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset
Family [Display adapter]

Only problem is - I cannot find anywhere to download this driver? Any helo
on this?

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> bmkassociates wrote:
> > I installed an automatic update which somehow failed to install.
> > After rebooting my display is completely yellow with no true
> > colours. It shows perfect in SAFE MODE but as soon as I go to
> > normal Windows it loses all true colour as if someone has removed
> > the BLUE or RED from the overall colour. Anyone help me or tell me
> > what's gone wrong?

> Visit the hardware manufacturer's web page (support/downloads/drivers
> section) for your video card. Download and install the latest software
> driver for your particular model of video card.
>
> Now sure what the make/model is?
>
> http://www.belarc.com/
> (Get the Advisor, run it, print the results and look for the Make/Model of
> the Video or Graphics card/adapter you have in your machine.)
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

bmkassociates

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
I located and downloaded and installed Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset
Family [Display adapter] driver but on reboot I have the same problem. Any
ideas?

bmkassociates wrote:
> I located and downloaded and installed Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express
> Chipset Family [Display adapter] driver but on reboot I have the
> same problem. Any ideas?

Where did you 'find" it?

You say it works fine in Safe mode - which says it *is* a driver issue (or
the video card really fried in a funny way.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

bmkassociates

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
Hi there. I found the driver on the Intel Website. Yes it does work on Safe
mode perfectly clear and in full colour but just stays in Yellow tint when
booted up normally.
As I say, it was fine until I attempted to install the updates which failed
to install. When it rebooted this is how the screen has stayed.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> bmkassociates wrote:
> > I located and downloaded and installed Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express
> > Chipset Family [Display adapter] driver but on reboot I have the
> > same problem. Any ideas?

> Where did you 'find" it?
>
> You say it works fine in Safe mode - which says it *is* a driver issue (or
> the video card really fried in a funny way.)
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

HEMI - Powered

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
=?Utf-8?B?Ym1rYXNzb2NpYXRlcw==?= added these comments in the
current discussion du jour ...

> I installed an automatic update which somehow failed to
> install. After rebooting my display is completely yellow with
> no true colours. It shows perfect in SAFE MODE but as soon as
> I go to normal Windows it loses all true colour as if someone
> has removed the BLUE or RED from the overall colour. Anyone
> help me or tell me what's gone wrong?

Beats me. Try rolling your system back to a RP before this happens
or try uninstalling the update from Control Panel Add/Remove
Programs. You do have RPs running, right and you do know which KB
update caused the problem, right?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
HEMI - Powered

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
Shenan Stanley added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> bmkassociates wrote:
>> I installed an automatic update which somehow failed to
>> install. After rebooting my display is completely yellow with
>> no true colours. It shows perfect in SAFE MODE but as soon as
>> I go to normal Windows it loses all true colour as if someone
>> has removed the BLUE or RED from the overall colour. Anyone
>> help me or tell me what's gone wrong?

> Visit the hardware manufacturer's web page
> (support/downloads/drivers section) for your video card.
> Download and install the latest software driver for your
> particular model of video card.
>
> Now sure what the make/model is?
>
> http://www.belarc.com/
> (Get the Advisor, run it, print the results and look for the
> Make/Model of the Video or Graphics card/adapter you have in
> your machine.)

No! Uninstall the crap from MS that caused it. It isn't a
universal panacea to immediately go get a new video driver, in
fact, that has been the demise of many an otherwise fine running
system. The key is first to NOT let auto update do auto updates,
one must set their own RP and most importantly, one must monitor
what problems if any others are having before blindly installing
everying that comes their way. I'm not bashing MS, they do the
best they can to release stable code but I feel that it is the
user's responsibilty to protect themselves as best they can.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
HEMI - Powered

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
Shenan Stanley added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

> bmkassociates wrote:
>> I located and downloaded and installed Mobile Intel(R) 945
>> Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] driver but on reboot
>> I have the same problem. Any ideas?

> Where did you 'find" it?
>
> You say it works fine in Safe mode - which says it *is* a
> driver issue (or the video card really fried in a funny way.)

Agreed, but it was one of the MS updates that killed the driver,
which is why I said NOT to blindly go looking for a new driver, but
to roll back the system and/or uninstall the errant update.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Surely you jest - and don't call me Shirley!" - from the movie
"Airplane!"
bmkassociates

Re: My screen is yellow after a failed Update
Wish i could do a restore but for some strange reason known only to the GOds
and MS the only RP is todays date now - wacky!! I remain a juandiced user
with no sign of improvement!