kb947172 update failing - vista

Hayley

kb947172 update failing - vista
Update kb947172 keeps failing for me in my vista home premium. It generates
an error code (i can't remember which) that points to a problem with ms
office as the possible answer. I don't have office installed on the affected
computer.

I have tried downloading the update and running it from the hardrive, still
it fails. I have searched for a possible answer but have not had much luck
finding any possible solutions (other than the reference to making sure a
certain office service is activated).

Anyone have any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
TaurArian

Re: kb947172 update failing - vista
Could you please provide the error code.

Thank you.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Update kb947172 keeps failing for me in my vista home premium. It generates
| an error code (i can't remember which) that points to a problem with ms
| office as the possible answer. I don't have office installed on the affected
| computer.
|
| I have tried downloading the update and running it from the hardrive, still
| it fails. I have searched for a possible answer but have not had much luck
| finding any possible solutions (other than the reference to making sure a
| certain office service is activated).
|
| Anyone have any suggestions or point me in the right direction?
|
| Thanks.

Hayley

Re: kb947172 update failing - vista
Error 80070643. I'd appreciate any insight you might have.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Could you please provide the error code.
>
> Thank you.
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Update kb947172 keeps failing for me in my vista home premium. It generates
> | an error code (i can't remember which) that points to a problem with ms
> | office as the possible answer. I don't have office installed on the affected
> | computer.
> |
> | I have tried downloading the update and running it from the hardrive, still
> | it fails. I have searched for a possible answer but have not had much luck
> | finding any possible solutions (other than the reference to making sure a
> | certain office service is activated).
> |
> | Anyone have any suggestions or point me in the right direction?
> |
> | Thanks.

TaurArian

Re: kb947172 update failing - vista
Can't help you on that one -

====================================

| Error 80070643. I'd appreciate any insight you might have.
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Could you please provide the error code.
| >
| > Thank you.
| >

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Update kb947172 keeps failing for me in my vista home premium. It generates
| > | an error code (i can't remember which) that points to a problem with ms
| > | office as the possible answer. I don't have office installed on the affected
| > | computer.
| > |
| > | I have tried downloading the update and running it from the hardrive, still
| > | it fails. I have searched for a possible answer but have not had much luck
| > | finding any possible solutions (other than the reference to making sure a
| > | certain office service is activated).
| > |
| > | Anyone have any suggestions or point me in the right direction?
| > |
| > | Thanks.

Hayley

Re: kb947172 update failing - vista
I figured it out myself - turned out to be something very simple. I had never
even started media center since I owned this computer, so I figured since
thats what the update was for, I'd make sure it was working fine. Well all
that was needed was to set up media center for the first time I guess,
because after that the update installed no problem.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Can't help you on that one -

> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Error 80070643. I'd appreciate any insight you might have.
> |
> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > Could you please provide the error code.
> | >
> | > Thank you.
> | >

> | > --
> | > ====================================
> | > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> | > ====================================
> | > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> | > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> | > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> | > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> | >

> | > "Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

TaurArian

Re: kb947172 update failing - vista
Thanks for the feedback Hayley, it just may help someone else.

--
====================================

|I figured it out myself - turned out to be something very simple. I had never
| even started media center since I owned this computer, so I figured since
| thats what the update was for, I'd make sure it was working fine. Well all
| that was needed was to set up media center for the first time I guess,
| because after that the update installed no problem.
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Can't help you on that one -
| >
| > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
| > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
| >
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Hayley" <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Error 80070643. I'd appreciate any insight you might have.
| > |
| > | "TaurArian" wrote:
| > |
> [...]
| > | > |