KB892130 Windows Update Program

PIR_elli

KB892130 Windows Update Program
HI,

I have been trying to install KB892130 and each time it responds that it has
not been unstalled and please check your update history. In the update
history it does not show.

I trolled around and found on the microsoft support site article 943144,
information on a couple of methods of resolving the problem. Both of these I
have followed the instructions carefulyl but with no success.

I am not sure how to go forward with this. I have seen a some posts on this
site but mostly seem to be from a while ago and consist of flaming each other
about genuine license keys, which I do have as was purchase as a package from
a reputable dealer.

Could some please advise.

Many Thanks

PIR_elli

RE: KB892130 Windows Update Program
To add am running

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) and have the updates set
to automatic.

Vineetwins

RE: KB892130 Windows Update Program
You may please have a look at this post as well

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...ab80d31455&p=1

"PIR_elli" wrote:

> To add am running
>
> Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) and have the updates set
> to automatic.

Re: KB892130 Windows Update Program
Go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx | Click on the VALIDATE
WINDOWS button | Tell us what happens.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

PIR_elli wrote:
> I have been trying to install KB892130 and each time it responds that it
> has
> not been unstalled and please check your update history. In the update
> history it does not show.
>
> I trolled around and found on the microsoft support site article 943144,
> information on a couple of methods of resolving the problem. Both of
> these
> I have followed the instructions carefulyl but with no success.
>
> I am not sure how to go forward with this. I have seen a some posts on
> this
> site but mostly seem to be from a while ago and consist of flaming each
> other about genuine license keys, which I do have as was purchase as a
> package from a reputable dealer.

<paste>
> To add am running
>
> Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) and have the updates
> set
> to automatic.

PIR_elli

Re: KB892130 Windows Update Program
Cheers PA, done that it seems to have done the trick, it said it was now
validated. WHat I dont understand that is that it has always been validated
and why should it change. BUT to be honest dont care so much now as it is now
downloading.

Many Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx | Click on the VALIDATE
> WINDOWS button | Tell us what happens.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> PIR_elli wrote:
> > I have been trying to install KB892130 and each time it responds that it
> > has
> > not been unstalled and please check your update history. In the update
> > history it does not show.
> >
> > I trolled around and found on the microsoft support site article 943144,
> > information on a couple of methods of resolving the problem. Both of
> > these
> > I have followed the instructions carefulyl but with no success.
> >
> > I am not sure how to go forward with this. I have seen a some posts on
> > this
> > site but mostly seem to be from a while ago and consist of flaming each
> > other about genuine license keys, which I do have as was purchase as a
> > package from a reputable dealer.

> <paste>
> > To add am running
> >
> > Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) and have the updates
> > set
> > to automatic.

Re: KB892130 Windows Update Program
YW.