Windows Update continues to make me download and install the same.

Brittnigirl

Windows Update continues to make me download and install the same.
Hi My computer has been having some issues latly.. like working for the first
15 mins after a reboot then everything freezing up and stops working or
suddenly everything goes at a snails pace and my internet stops working and
after that happens shutting it down takes FOREVER

I was wondering if it had anything to do with this one file that windows
update keeps making me download and reinstall over and over and over again..
I just recently realized that it was the same one by looking at my windows
update history...

its Update
"Security Update For Microsoft XML CORE Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
(KB936181) Published: 8/14/07"

Anyone else been having this problem? and does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks
Brit
mrbill243

RE: Windows Update continues to make me download and install the same.

"Brittnigirl" wrote:

> Hi My computer has been having some issues latly.. like working for the first
> 15 mins after a reboot then everything freezing up and stops working or
> suddenly everything goes at a snails pace and my internet stops working and
> after that happens shutting it down takes FOREVER
>
> I was wondering if it had anything to do with this one file that windows
> update keeps making me download and reinstall over and over and over again..
> I just recently realized that it was the same one by looking at my windows
> update history...
>
> its Update
> "Security Update For Microsoft XML CORE Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB936181) Published: 8/14/07"
>
> Anyone else been having this problem? and does anyone know how to fix it?
> Thanks
> Brit

mrbill243

RE: Windows Update continues to make me download and install the same.
i am having the same problem with kb936181 and was here looking for an answer
too
hope we find one
mrbill243

"Brittnigirl" wrote:

> Hi My computer has been having some issues latly.. like working for the first
> 15 mins after a reboot then everything freezing up and stops working or
> suddenly everything goes at a snails pace and my internet stops working and
> after that happens shutting it down takes FOREVER
>
> I was wondering if it had anything to do with this one file that windows
> update keeps making me download and reinstall over and over and over again..
> I just recently realized that it was the same one by looking at my windows
> update history...
>
> its Update
> "Security Update For Microsoft XML CORE Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB936181) Published: 8/14/07"
>
> Anyone else been having this problem? and does anyone know how to fix it?
> Thanks
> Brit

Re: Windows Update continues to make me download and install the same.
Please begin a new thread about /your/ problems.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

mrbill243 wrote:
> i am having the same problem with kb936181 and was here looking for an
> answer too
> hope we find one

<snip>
Robert Aldwinckle

"Brittnigirl" <Brittnigirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi My computer has been having some issues latly.. like working for the first
> 15 mins after a reboot then everything freezing up and stops working or
> suddenly everything goes at a snails pace and my internet stops working and
> after that happens shutting it down takes FOREVER
>

> I was wondering if it had anything to do with this one file that windows
> update keeps making me download and reinstall over and over and over again..
> I just recently realized that it was the same one by looking at my windows
> update history...
>
> its Update
> "Security Update For Microsoft XML CORE Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB936181) Published: 8/14/07"
>
> Anyone else been having this problem? and does anyone know how to fix it?

You need to do a boot after that update in order to copy/rename the updated
modules over the old ones. If you are not doing the boot that would explain
your symptom.

If you are doing the boot then something (such as a third-party security package)
could be either blocking the copy/rename step or undoing it later.
E.g. the update would appear to the security package as an attempt
to introduce a Trojan.

If you do have third-party programs interfering with the normal operation
of the OS then that would be a more likely cause of your performance problem.

BTW always disclose your OS and version when you are looking for help.
E.g., if your OS is Vista you may need to use Vista-specific procedures
to make sure that the update applies completely.

> Thanks
> Brit

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Brittnigirl

Re: Windows Update continues to make me download and install the s
I did a dish clean up and that helped with my performance problem.

as for the windows update.. I have spyware doctor.. which could be
interfering as you say. but it hasn't interfered with any of the other
updates.

I will try to install the update with spyware doctor off and see if thats
the problem. I will post back to tell you of the results.

and yes I have windows vista.. sorry I didn't post it.. as its my first time
posting on here :-)
-brit
Serge

"Brittnigirl" wrote:

> I was wondering if it had anything to do with this one file that windows
> update keeps making me download and reinstall over and over and over again..
> I just recently realized that it was the same one by looking at my windows
> update history...
>
> its Update
> "Security Update For Microsoft XML CORE Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
> (KB936181) Published: 8/14/07"
>
> Anyone else been having this problem? and does anyone know how to fix it?
> Thanks
> Brit

Re-offering of KB936181 has been answered many times. Just type KB936181 in
the Search For: window and hit Enter. You should be able to find a solution
to your KB936181 problem there.

Serge

Re: Windows Update continues to make me download and install the s
Did ya dry the dishes??

Brittnigirl wrote:
> I did a dish clean up and that helped with my performance problem.
>
> as for the windows update.. I have spyware doctor.. which could be
> interfering as you say. but it hasn't interfered with any of the other
> updates.
>
> I will try to install the update with spyware doctor off and see if thats
> the problem. I will post back to tell you of the results.
>

> and yes I have windows vista.. sorry I didn't post it.. as its my first
> time
> posting on here :-)
> -brit

Brittnigirl

RE: Windows Update continues to make me download and install the s
theres too many!

does anyone know if theres just one quick easy download that will do all
this for me. I just wanna fix it and get it over with. or can someone post
some instructions on How to fix it on here.. it will help a ton. I don't have
time to run in circles clicking on all the different help posts that keep
telling the person to look at another post!

Like under post "Update#Kb936181 in Windows Update"

" One post is sufficient. Check the next one that you made, please. "

Thanks for understanding!
Brit