Windows Update ActiveX

FrankB

Windows Update ActiveX
When I select Windows Update and the site tries to download, this is what I
get;

"Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
control. To install it:"

I have installed the ActiveX and have also followed the 2 resolutions
suggested and cannot get through to the website. The Internet Explorer
Information Bar appeared the very first time but no longer appears. Please
help! Thanks

bilbhac

RE: Windows Update ActiveX

"FrankB" wrote:

> When I select Windows Update and the site tries to download, this is what I
> get;
>
> "Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> control. To install it:"
>
> I have installed the ActiveX and have also followed the 2 resolutions
> suggested and cannot get through to the website. The Internet Explorer
> Information Bar appeared the very first time but no longer appears. Please
> help! Thanks

webmanoffesto

RE: Windows Update ActiveX
I'm having the same problem. I'll be watching this thread for responses.

"FrankB" wrote:

> When I select Windows Update and the site tries to download, this is what I
> get;
>
> "Install the ActiveX control required to view the website
> The website will not display correctly on your computer without this
> control. To install it:"
>
> I have installed the ActiveX and have also followed the 2 resolutions
> suggested and cannot get through to the website. The Internet Explorer
> Information Bar appeared the very first time but no longer appears. Please
> help! Thanks

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Windows Update ActiveX

"webmanoffesto" <webmanoffesto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

2/22/2008 7:54 AM PST
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-28557d3934cd

> I'm having the same problem. I'll be watching this thread for responses.

After almost 2 years? Why did you pick this one to add your Me too! to?

E.g. why not comment in this one which is only a bit more than a year old?

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...753&sloc=en-us

(Alt-7 search of the web interface (even though its index is broken) for
"activex control required" MVP
)

Or try a web search...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&cr=&sloc=&p=1

(Google web search for
"activex control required" "Windows Update" site:microsoft.com
)

and report your results for any relevant suggestions you see made.

Even better create a new thread about this with your own details
and the results from any other suggestions you have found by
doing such preliminary searches.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---