Windows Update Error Code 80070103

JO

Windows Update Error Code 80070103
I was updating using the Microsoft Update program and when it came time to
install the sound, I got a message that said some updates could not be
installed. SSo when I restarted my computer I had a red X by my speaker in
the lower right corner of the desktop. Now I have no sound on my computer.
When I drag the mouse over the speaker I get "No audio output device is
instaleld". How can I fix this, or do I need to call Microsoft support or
take my computer to Geek Squad?
Lucyholmwood

RE: Windows Update Error Code 80070103
I'm having the same problem.. i tried disabling everything and then my
computer just crashed.. i was able to restore my computer back to a time
where it was working.. but my audio still doesn't work.. it doesn't look like
anyone has responded.. i would also like to know hwo to fix this. i really
hope that i don't have to turn in my computer cause i use my laptop for
school and i can't afford to have my computer out for too long.

"JO" wrote:

> I was updating using the Microsoft Update program and when it came time to
> install the sound, I got a message that said some updates could not be
> installed. SSo when I restarted my computer I had a red X by my speaker in
> the lower right corner of the desktop. Now I have no sound on my computer.
> When I drag the mouse over the speaker I get "No audio output device is
> instaleld". How can I fix this, or do I need to call Microsoft support or
> take my computer to Geek Squad?

Jasonw

RE: Windows Update Error Code 80070103
I am also experiencing this problem. I dont quite know what to do but I would
like to have my audio back!

"Lucyholmwood" wrote:

> I'm having the same problem.. i tried disabling everything and then my
> computer just crashed.. i was able to restore my computer back to a time
> where it was working.. but my audio still doesn't work.. it doesn't look like
> anyone has responded.. i would also like to know hwo to fix this. i really
> hope that i don't have to turn in my computer cause i use my laptop for
> school and i can't afford to have my computer out for too long.
>
> "JO" wrote:
>
> > I was updating using the Microsoft Update program and when it came time to
> > install the sound, I got a message that said some updates could not be
> > installed. SSo when I restarted my computer I had a red X by my speaker in
> > the lower right corner of the desktop. Now I have no sound on my computer.
> > When I drag the mouse over the speaker I get "No audio output device is
> > instaleld". How can I fix this, or do I need to call Microsoft support or
> > take my computer to Geek Squad?

viowat

RE: Windows Update Error Code 80070103
I had the same problem. The system restore would not fix the problem and I
could not even roll back the driver. However, you can download the sound
driver from http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/150980 and it
will fix the problem and you will have sound again. Hope this helps.