Do I need this Update KB935509??

Grzyb [1000174]

Do I need this Update KB935509??
Update information
Update 938371 updates several internal components that Windows Vista
requires in order to install or to remove Windows Vista Service Pack 1 more
reliably. This update must be applied separately before you install Windows
Vista SP1 to make sure that Windows Vista SP1 can be installed or removed
from the computer. Update 938371 is necessary to install and to remove
Windows Vista SP1 on all versions of Windows Vista. This update will be
available on the Windows Update Web site soon after the release of update
935509 and before the release of Vista SP1.

I've having problems with KB938371, On reading the KB Article, it says that
I require KB935509, BUT I haven't got it installed when I check Windows
Update History?? Do I need this first?? I'm running Vista Ultimate x64

Thanks

Regards

Grzyb

Re: Do I need this Update KB935509??
1. Make sure Windows Updates is enabled:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...owsupdate.mspx

[Excellent tutorial:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial140.html ]

2. Install Vista SP1 Prerequisites as they're offered and in the order
they're offered by Windows Update.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
> Update information
> Update 938371 updates several internal components that Windows Vista
> requires in order to install or to remove Windows Vista Service Pack 1
> more
> reliably. This update must be applied separately before you install
> Windows
> Vista SP1 to make sure that Windows Vista SP1 can be installed or removed
> from the computer. Update 938371 is necessary to install and to remove
> Windows Vista SP1 on all versions of Windows Vista. This update will be
> available on the Windows Update Web site soon after the release of update
> 935509 and before the release of Vista SP1.
>
> I've having problems with KB938371, On reading the KB Article, it says
> that
> I require KB935509, BUT I haven't got it installed when I check Windows
> Update History?? Do I need this first?? I'm running Vista Ultimate x64.

Grzyb [1000174]

Re: Do I need this Update KB935509??
Hi,

I have always had the setting enabled to automatically check & Install
Updates @ 3.00am every day, so that is not the problem, what is, is that the
Update KB935509, WAS NEVER OFFEERD, and it says in the KB93871 article, that
it should be installed first, before the KB93871 update??

I was just wondering whether this might be the cause of my failed Update of
KB93871, because I was never offered the KB935509 update!!!!

Regards

Grzyb

> 1. Make sure Windows Updates is enabled:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...owsupdate.mspx
>
> [Excellent tutorial:
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial140.html ]
>
> 2. Install Vista SP1 Prerequisites as they're offered and in the order
> they're offered by Windows Update.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
>> Update information
>> Update 938371 updates several internal components that Windows Vista
>> requires in order to install or to remove Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>> more
>> reliably. This update must be applied separately before you install
>> Windows
>> Vista SP1 to make sure that Windows Vista SP1 can be installed or removed
>> from the computer. Update 938371 is necessary to install and to remove
>> Windows Vista SP1 on all versions of Windows Vista. This update will be
>> available on the Windows Update Web site soon after the release of update
>> 935509 and before the release of Vista SP1.
>>
>> I've having problems with KB938371, On reading the KB Article, it says
>> that
>> I require KB935509, BUT I haven't got it installed when I check Windows
>> Update History?? Do I need this first?? I'm running Vista Ultimate x64.

Re: Do I need this Update KB935509??
According to KB938371, there are no prerequisites for installing it; see
Update Information section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371

Getting back to the meat of the matter...

> I've having problems with KB938371

What problems?

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea Timer,
AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!
=====================
How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs

3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
===========================

Support for Windows Update:

Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
> I have always had the setting enabled to automatically check & Install
> Updates @ 3.00am every day, so that is not the problem, what is, is that
> the
> Update KB935509, WAS NEVER OFFEERD, and it says in the KB93871 article,
> that
> it should be installed first, before the KB93871 update??
>
> I was just wondering whether this might be the cause of my failed Update
> of
> KB93871, because I was never offered the KB935509 update!!!!

>> 1. Make sure Windows Updates is enabled:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...owsupdate.mspx
>>
>> [Excellent tutorial:
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial140.html ]
>>
>> 2. Install Vista SP1 Prerequisites as they're offered and in the order
>> they're offered by Windows Update.
>> --
>> Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
>>> Update information
>>> Update 938371 updates several internal components that Windows Vista
>>> requires in order to install or to remove Windows Vista Service Pack 1
>>> more
>>> reliably. This update must be applied separately before you install
>>> Windows
>>> Vista SP1 to make sure that Windows Vista SP1 can be installed or
>>> removed
>>> from the computer. Update 938371 is necessary to install and to remove
>>> Windows Vista SP1 on all versions of Windows Vista. This update will be
>>> available on the Windows Update Web site soon after the release of
>>> update
>>> 935509 and before the release of Vista SP1.
>>>
>>> I've having problems with KB938371, On reading the KB Article, it says
>>> that
>>> I require KB935509, BUT I haven't got it installed when I check Windows
>>> Update History?? Do I need this first?? I'm running Vista Ultimate x64.

Grzyb [1000174]

Re: Do I need this Update KB935509??
Hi,

As far as I can tell, It has failed with the following Error Codes

Code 8007371B & 80070005

It has failed on my Main Machine, which has NEVER been subjected to ANY Beta
software, as it's a very critical machine, No Registry Hacks etc to enable
SP1 Installation, Just a NORMAL IMPORTANT Update from MS???

I have opened a Windows Update Support Incident Request

Regards

Grzyb

> According to KB938371, there are no prerequisites for installing it; see
> Update Information section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371
>
> Getting back to the meat of the matter...
>
>> I've having problems with KB938371

> What problems?
>
> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea Timer,
> AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
> attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
> firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!
> =====================
> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
> Update Services installation issues:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=906602
>
> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section
> of http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527
>
> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
>
> 3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
> associated with the download/install.
>
> How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>
> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and
> Support link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
> ===========================
>
> Support for Windows Update:
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
>> I have always had the setting enabled to automatically check & Install
>> Updates @ 3.00am every day, so that is not the problem, what is, is that
>> the
>> Update KB935509, WAS NEVER OFFEERD, and it says in the KB93871 article,
>> that
>> it should be installed first, before the KB93871 update??
>>
>> I was just wondering whether this might be the cause of my failed Update
>> of
>> KB93871, because I was never offered the KB935509 update!!!!

>>> 1. Make sure Windows Updates is enabled:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...owsupdate.mspx
>>>
>>> [Excellent tutorial:
>>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial140.html ]
>>>
>>> 2. Install Vista SP1 Prerequisites as they're offered and in the order
>>> they're offered by Windows Update.

Re: Do I need this Update KB935509??
I can find only one (1) other thread here involving KB938371 and those
errors and it's yours! Why did you begin a new thread?

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bbcbc75475c093

By any chance, do you have or did you ever have a beta build of Vista SP1
installed?

Please keep us posted on what support recommends as a fix.
--
~PA Bear

Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I can tell, It has failed with the following Error Codes
>
> Code 8007371B & 80070005
>
> It has failed on my Main Machine, which has NEVER been subjected to ANY
> Beta
> software, as it's a very critical machine, No Registry Hacks etc to enable
> SP1 Installation, Just a NORMAL IMPORTANT Update from MS???
>
> I have opened a Windows Update Support Incident Request
>
> Regards
>
> Grzyb

>> According to KB938371, there are no prerequisites for installing it; see
>> Update Information section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371
>>
>> Getting back to the meat of the matter...
>>
>>> I've having problems with KB938371

>> What problems?
>>
>> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
>> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea
>> Timer,
>> AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
>> attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
>> firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!
>> =====================
>> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
>> Update Services installation issues:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=906602
>>
>> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section
>> of http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527
>>
>> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
>>
>> 3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
>> associated with the download/install.
>>
>> How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>>
>> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
>> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and
>> Support link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
>> ===========================
>>
>> Support for Windows Update:
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
>>> I have always had the setting enabled to automatically check & Install
>>> Updates @ 3.00am every day, so that is not the problem, what is, is that
>>> the
>>> Update KB935509, WAS NEVER OFFEERD, and it says in the KB93871 article,
>>> that
>>> it should be installed first, before the KB93871 update??
>>>
>>> I was just wondering whether this might be the cause of my failed Update
>>> of
>>> KB93871, because I was never offered the KB935509 update!!!!

Grzyb [1000174]

Re: Do I need this Update KB935509??
Hi,

As previously stated, below, This is my MAIN machine, very critical to my
Business, No BETA SOFTWARE has ever been installed, let alone a beta Build
of Vista SP1...

The Updates were ALL recommended by MS via Windows Update which is set to
Automatically Download & Install Crtical Updates

Regards

Grzyb
>I can find only one (1) other thread here involving KB938371 and those
>errors and it's yours! Why did you begin a new thread?
>
> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bbcbc75475c093
>
> By any chance, do you have or did you ever have a beta build of Vista SP1
> installed?
>
> Please keep us posted on what support recommends as a fix.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Grzyb [1000174] wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As far as I can tell, It has failed with the following Error Codes
>>
>> Code 8007371B & 80070005
>>
>> It has failed on my Main Machine, which has NEVER been subjected to ANY
>> Beta
>> software, as it's a very critical machine, No Registry Hacks etc to
>> enable
>> SP1 Installation, Just a NORMAL IMPORTANT Update from MS???
>>
>> I have opened a Windows Update Support Incident Request
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Grzyb

>>> According to KB938371, there are no prerequisites for installing it; see
>>> Update Information section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371
>>>
>>> Getting back to the meat of the matter...

>>> What problems?
>>>
>>> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
>>> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot Tea
>>> Timer,
>>> AVG Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before
>>> attempting to install the update(s). If you disable the third-party
>>> firewall, make certain that you enable the Windows Firewall!
>>> =====================
>>> How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
>>> Update Services installation issues:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=906602
>>>
>>> 1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section
>>> of http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527
>>>
>>> 2. You cannot install some updates or programs
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;822798
>>>
>>> 3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
>>> associated with the download/install.
>>>
>>> How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>>>
>>> 3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
>>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
>>> and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and
>>> Support link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
>>> ===========================
>>> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
>>> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>>>
>>> Support for Windows Update:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Raju Kumar Pandey

"Grzyb [1000174]" wrote:

> Update information
> Update 938371 updates several internal components that Windows Vista
> requires in order to install or to remove Windows Vista Service Pack 1 more
> reliably. This update must be applied separately before you install Windows
> Vista SP1 to make sure that Windows Vista SP1 can be installed or removed
> from the computer. Update 938371 is necessary to install and to remove
> Windows Vista SP1 on all versions of Windows Vista. This update will be
> available on the Windows Update Web site soon after the release of update
> 935509 and before the release of Vista SP1.
>
> I've having problems with KB938371, On reading the KB Article, it says that
> I require KB935509, BUT I haven't got it installed when I check Windows
> Update History?? Do I need this first?? I'm running Vista Ultimate x64
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
>
> Grzyb

Raju Kumar Pandey