agent.exe

dcsuti

agent.exe
A while ago I had a problem downloading some of my Winows Updates and I used
Dial-a-Fix to fix the problem and download the updates. Ever since then, my
CPU usage hovers at or very close to 100% and my system is bogged down. I
don't know if the two are related or not. I've tried doing my own research
on the web. the info I've found is even more confusing. Some sites claim
agent.exe is a virus and others claim it's related to Windows and is not
harmful. I just want to know how to get it to stop hogging all my CPU's
resources!

Thank you.
dcsuti

RE: agent.exe
I forgot to mention that I have Windows XP SP2.

"dcsuti" wrote:

> A while ago I had a problem downloading some of my Winows Updates and I used
> Dial-a-Fix to fix the problem and download the updates. Ever since then, my
> CPU usage hovers at or very close to 100% and my system is bogged down. I
> don't know if the two are related or not. I've tried doing my own research
> on the web. the info I've found is even more confusing. Some sites claim
> agent.exe is a virus and others claim it's related to Windows and is not
> harmful. I just want to know how to get it to stop hogging all my CPU's
> resources!
>
> Thank you.

Re: agent.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
(http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to use.
It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware with
assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html,
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net