Updating

ginjaninja405

Updating
Finalizing a windows update should not have to restart the system, i think
you should figure out a way to install the updates and then not have to
restart, and the important updates should install when you boot up, not when
you shut down.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....windowsupdate
MowGreen [MVP]

RE: Updating
The updates install files not in use and then wait until a reboot to replace
files in use. The files are actually replaced when the system first boots up
but before the files are put back in use again.
IF one installs an update for a security vulnerability and there is a file
in use that requires replacement because of said sec vuln, then the system is
still at risk until it's rebooted.

So, in essence, the installation of updates is not dependent upon the system
being shutdown to get the files installed rather, it's the restarting of the
system and the 'release' of a file or files in use that the installation of
the update is dependent on.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

"ginjaninja405" wrote:

> Finalizing a windows update should not have to restart the system, i think
> you should figure out a way to install the updates and then not have to
> restart, and the important updates should install when you boot up, not when
> you shut down.

> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com....windowsupdate

Re: Updating