KB 937287, again...

EW

KB 937287, again...
Sorry, but I've got to ask this -- and it's an overworked topic.

During the last update for my Vista Home Premium, only one update,
KB937287, stalled -- I think it was during the download. I tried
again, same problem, so I CANCELLED the update.

Several hours later I had to reboot the my Dell Vista system and after
checking Windows Update again, it showed that KB937287 had installed
itself successfully! I checked for more updates and was shown that
all updates are complete.

My question: can I trust that this important update is indeed
successfully installed, or should I somehow try to reinstall it
again? I want to make certain all is well before attempting Vista
SP-1. Thanks.

EW
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: KB 937287, again...
Hello,
If it installed byitself you are fine.
If it downloaded, when you rebooted and restarted the machine, the updates
will install.
Have you rebooted after installing the update the last time?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------

Re: KB 937287, again...
First Law of Computing: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

EW wrote:
> Sorry, but I've got to ask this -- and it's an overworked topic.
>
> During the last update for my Vista Home Premium, only one update,
> KB937287, stalled -- I think it was during the download. I tried
> again, same problem, so I CANCELLED the update.
>
> Several hours later I had to reboot the my Dell Vista system and after
> checking Windows Update again, it showed that KB937287 had installed
> itself successfully! I checked for more updates and was shown that
> all updates are complete.
>
> My question: can I trust that this important update is indeed
> successfully installed, or should I somehow try to reinstall it
> again? I want to make certain all is well before attempting Vista
> SP-1. Thanks.
>
> EW

SG

Re: KB 937287, again...
Hi,

I think this little app will answer all your question about what updates are
installed on your system and more. Get the zip file as it's a self running
executable, so no install is needed.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wul.html

--
All the best,
SG

ALEX NICHOL
(1935-2005)
http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm
You will never be forgotten my friend

"EW" <EW1947@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, but I've got to ask this -- and it's an overworked topic.
>
> During the last update for my Vista Home Premium, only one update,
> KB937287, stalled -- I think it was during the download. I tried
> again, same problem, so I CANCELLED the update.
>
> Several hours later I had to reboot the my Dell Vista system and after
> checking Windows Update again, it showed that KB937287 had installed
> itself successfully! I checked for more updates and was shown that
> all updates are complete.
>
> My question: can I trust that this important update is indeed
> successfully installed, or should I somehow try to reinstall it
> again? I want to make certain all is well before attempting Vista
> SP-1. Thanks.
>
> EW

EW

Re: KB 937287, again...
On Feb 20, 7:33*pm, Darre...@online.microsoft.com ("Darrell
Gorter[MSFT]") wrote:
> Hello,
> If it installed byitself you are fine.
> If it downloaded, when you rebooted and restarted the machine, the updates
> will install.
> Have you rebooted after installing the update the last time?
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Darrell, I guess I'm fine with the update. It did install by itself
and as you wrote above, I did reboot after installation. Windows
Update shows all is well, and I suppose I'll not worry about this
anymore!

EW
Natalia

Re: KB 937287, again...
Can someone help me please ! I cant understand why I have to suffer this
problem

in support page MS says, you can use 3 solutions

1. Use Installation CD
2. Use restore system
3. Use installation CD to write registry

If I dont have CDs cause is OEM (HP-Compaq 500 Laptop), and my restore
system doesn't go back to the date when this was installed (Feb 14) what
should I do, format my disc ?

please help
thanks