Windows update doesn't do anything (0% download)

Jitse

Windows update doesn't do anything (0% download)
Hi ho

I've got Windows Vista (no service pack), and I'm having some problems with
my automatic update. It often stops at 0%, or sometimes even just at a random
percentage, while downloading. I once kept him going for hours, but he still
was at the same percentage.

Now I actually succeeded downloading most automatic updates, by restarting.
Sporadicly it goes to 100% in no time after restarting, and finishes the
download.

But now I've got a problem. It doesn't start automatically anymore, but says
he has 13 new updates (and one optional). This includes SP3 for MS Office
2003, SP1 for MS Office 2007, and many important security updates. The
optional one is nVidia Video Geforce 8600M GT. He gives me a list of all
updates instead of starting right away. Anyway, this doesn't really matter,
because when I tell him to install the updates, he starts downloading them,
but doesn't ever go further than 0%.

I can give you some update log if you want. I don't post it now because I
don't know if there's anything private in that update log (like
authentication code or so).

Re: Windows update doesn't do anything (0% download)

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net