Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails

Timothy G.

Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails
Another 2nd Tuesday, another failed install. Have Home Premium, AVG Free, Ad
Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster (all latest.) Ditched third-party firewall
after last fiasco and still irritated about it. Update says download and
install successful. After lengthy reboot (45m-1hr), check update list to
find this one failed. System does seem to reboot twice altho splash screens
won't confirm. Tried disabling AV and Anti-spy to no avail. Any ideas out
there?

Gonzalo C

RE: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails

"Timothy G." wrote:

> Another 2nd Tuesday, another failed install. Have Home Premium, AVG Free, Ad
> Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster (all latest.) Ditched third-party firewall
> after last fiasco and still irritated about it. Update says download and
> install successful. After lengthy reboot (45m-1hr), check update list to
> find this one failed. System does seem to reboot twice altho splash screens
> won't confirm. Tried disabling AV and Anti-spy to no avail. Any ideas out
> there?

Gonzalo C

RE: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails
the same for me. disabling AVG change something?

"Timothy G." wrote:

> Another 2nd Tuesday, another failed install. Have Home Premium, AVG Free, Ad
> Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster (all latest.) Ditched third-party firewall
> after last fiasco and still irritated about it. Update says download and
> install successful. After lengthy reboot (45m-1hr), check update list to
> find this one failed. System does seem to reboot twice altho splash screens
> won't confirm. Tried disabling AV and Anti-spy to no avail. Any ideas out
> there?

jh

RE: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails
I also have AVG, and I've failed the install 4 times =/
Anyone know what to do?

"Gonzalo C" wrote:

> the same for me. disabling AVG change something?
>
> "Timothy G." wrote:
>
> > Another 2nd Tuesday, another failed install. Have Home Premium, AVG Free, Ad
> > Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster (all latest.) Ditched third-party firewall
> > after last fiasco and still irritated about it. Update says download and
> > install successful. After lengthy reboot (45m-1hr), check update list to
> > find this one failed. System does seem to reboot twice altho splash screens
> > won't confirm. Tried disabling AV and Anti-spy to no avail. Any ideas out
> > there?

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Timothy G. wrote:
> Another 2nd Tuesday, another failed install. Have Home Premium, AVG Free,
> Ad Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster (all latest.) Ditched third-party
> firewall after last fiasco and still irritated about it. Update says
> download and install successful. After lengthy reboot (45m-1hr), check
> update list to find this one failed. System does seem to reboot twice
> altho splash screens won't confirm. Tried disabling AV and Anti-spy to no
> avail. Any ideas out there?

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails
Please see this page http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm then post back to this
thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

jh wrote:
> I also have AVG, and I've failed the install 4 times =/
> Anyone know what to do?
>
> "Gonzalo C" wrote:
>
>> the same for me. disabling AVG change something?
>>
>> "Timothy G." wrote:
>>
>>> Another 2nd Tuesday, another failed install. Have Home Premium, AVG
>>> Free, Ad Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster (all latest.) Ditched
>>> third-party firewall after last fiasco and still irritated about it.
>>> Update says download and install successful. After lengthy reboot
>>> (45m-1hr), check update list to find this one failed. System does seem
>>> to reboot twice altho splash screens won't confirm. Tried disabling AV
>>> and Anti-spy to no avail. Any ideas out there?

Deralte

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails
I'm also having this problem on my system (Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
running AVG, AdAware and Spybot along with the usual Windows products. 160GB
HD, 2.2 Ghz).

These are the failed update details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938371

>Help and Support:
>http://support.microsoft.com

I've tried installing this update twice, and each time it spends a long time
shutting down and installing updates, and a long time configuring settings
when starting up again taking approximately 1- 1 1/2 hours.

Any advice?

-deralte

TUNKYTOY is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KB938371 installation
Having failed 3 times to install KB938371 I succesfully did the following
Go to Download details: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371)
Download standalones KB937267-x86.msu and KB938371-x86.msu
Disable UAC, Anti-virus, Windows firewall and disconnect from internet
Install KB937267 (no reboot required) then KB938371 reboot and it succesfully installs without multi bootups.
Hardup

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB938371) install fails
I am unable to find KB937267 after search in windows updates is KB correct No?
--
Baron

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-81029bec7d76