error code 80070426

Kelsey

error code 80070426
Hi
Whenever I start up my laptop a pop up comes up and says that windows
updates could not be installed
and when I go into the Windows update window, and click update, it says
error found: code 80070426 -- and the 'get help' things, don't help.
I have read the other threads, and looked at the Cryptographic Services and
mine is on automatic and started...
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
TaurArian

Re: error code 80070426
Assuming Windows XP -

0x80070426
-2147023834 / ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE
The service has not been started

Make sure the Automatic Update Services has been started.
Make sure that BITS is started.

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi
| Whenever I start up my laptop a pop up comes up and says that windows
| updates could not be installed
| and when I go into the Windows update window, and click update, it says
| error found: code 80070426 -- and the 'get help' things, don't help.
| I have read the other threads, and looked at the Cryptographic Services and
| mine is on automatic and started...
| Can anyone help?
|
| Thanks in advance.

Kelsey

Re: error code 80070426
Did what you said.
I have windows XP.. if that helps?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Assuming Windows XP -
>
> 0x80070426
> -2147023834 / ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE
> The service has not been started
>
> Make sure the Automatic Update Services has been started.
> Make sure that BITS is started.
>
> 1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
>
> 2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.
>
> 3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
>
> 4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.
>
> 5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.
>
> 6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi
> | Whenever I start up my laptop a pop up comes up and says that windows
> | updates could not be installed
> | and when I go into the Windows update window, and click update, it says
> | error found: code 80070426 -- and the 'get help' things, don't help.
> | I have read the other threads, and looked at the Cryptographic Services and
> | mine is on automatic and started...
> | Can anyone help?
> |
> | Thanks in advance.

Kelsey

Re: error code 80070426
It didn't work

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Assuming Windows XP -
>
> 0x80070426
> -2147023834 / ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE
> The service has not been started
>
> Make sure the Automatic Update Services has been started.
> Make sure that BITS is started.
>
> 1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
>
> 2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.
>
> 3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
>
> 4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.
>
> 5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.
>
> 6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi
> | Whenever I start up my laptop a pop up comes up and says that windows
> | updates could not be installed
> | and when I go into the Windows update window, and click update, it says
> | error found: code 80070426 -- and the 'get help' things, don't help.
> | I have read the other threads, and looked at the Cryptographic Services and
> | mine is on automatic and started...
> | Can anyone help?
> |
> | Thanks in advance.

TaurArian

Re: error code 80070426
Go to Start -< Run, type in Services.msc and press Enter. Please check the following
services:

"Remote Procedure Call" (RPCSS) should be enabled, Automatic
"COM+ Event System" (EventSystem) should be enabled, Manual
"System Event Notification Service" (SENS) should be enabled, Automatic
"Volume Shadow Copy" (VSS) should be enabled, Manual
"Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" (SWPRV) should be enabled, manual.

--
====================================

| It didn't work
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Assuming Windows XP -
| >
| > 0x80070426
| > -2147023834 / ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE
| > The service has not been started
| >
| > Make sure the Automatic Update Services has been started.
| > Make sure that BITS is started.
| >
| > 1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
| >
| > 2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.
| >
| > 3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
| >
| > 4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.
| >
| > 5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.
| >
| > 6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.
| >

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Hi
| > | Whenever I start up my laptop a pop up comes up and says that windows
| > | updates could not be installed
| > | and when I go into the Windows update window, and click update, it says
| > | error found: code 80070426 -- and the 'get help' things, don't help.
| > | I have read the other threads, and looked at the Cryptographic Services and
| > | mine is on automatic and started...
| > | Can anyone help?
| > |
| > | Thanks in advance.

Kelsey

Re: error code 80070426
Did all that, still doesn't want to work.

Just realised I said I have XP, I have actually have Windows Vista, if that
changes anything

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Go to Start -< Run, type in Services.msc and press Enter. Please check the following
> services:
>
> "Remote Procedure Call" (RPCSS) should be enabled, Automatic
> "COM+ Event System" (EventSystem) should be enabled, Manual
> "System Event Notification Service" (SENS) should be enabled, Automatic
> "Volume Shadow Copy" (VSS) should be enabled, Manual
> "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" (SWPRV) should be enabled, manual.
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | It didn't work
> |
> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > Assuming Windows XP -
> | >
> | > 0x80070426
> | > -2147023834 / ERROR_SERVICE_NOT_ACTIVE
> | > The service has not been started
> | >
> | > Make sure the Automatic Update Services has been started.
> | > Make sure that BITS is started.
> | >
> | > 1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
> | >
> | > 2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.
> | >
> | > 3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
> | >
> | > 4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.
> | >
> | > 5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.
> | >
> | > 6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.
> | >

> | > --
> | > ====================================
> | > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> | > ====================================
> | > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> | > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> | > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> | >

> | > "Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > |

Kelsey

Re: error code 80070426
My laptop has had pop ups saying, you may be a victim of software
counterfeiting.
it says that without authentication, i can't update windows or anything.
Should I go to another thread and ask there? or do you know how to solve this
at all?

thank you

"Kelsey" wrote:

> Did all that, still doesn't want to work.
>
> Just realised I said I have XP, I have actually have Windows Vista, if that
> changes anything
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > Go to Start -< Run, type in Services.msc and press Enter. Please check the following
> > services:
> >
> > "Remote Procedure Call" (RPCSS) should be enabled, Automatic
> > "COM+ Event System" (EventSystem) should be enabled, Manual
> > "System Event Notification Service" (SENS) should be enabled, Automatic
> > "Volume Shadow Copy" (VSS) should be enabled, Manual
> > "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" (SWPRV) should be enabled, manual.
> >

> > --
> > ====================================
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> > ====================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> >

> > "Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | It didn't work

> > | > |

Re: error code 80070426
Please follow this simple troubleshooting procedure, courtesy of MS MVP
Carey Frisch:

1. Download and install the WGA Diagnostic Tool
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56062

2. After running the WGA Diagnostic Tool, click on the "Windows" tab and
then click on "Copy to Clipboard".

3. Next, visit the following website and create a post in the "WGA
Validation Problems" forum and paste the results of the WGA Diagnostic Data
in a detailed post:
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...aspx?SiteID=25

4. A WGA troubleshooting spe******t will analyze the data and recommend an
appropriate solution.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Kelsey wrote:
> My laptop has had pop ups saying, you may be a victim of software
> counterfeiting.
> it says that without authentication, i can't update windows or anything.
> Should I go to another thread and ask there? or do you know how to solve
> this at all?

<snip>

TaurArian

Re: error code 80070426
Yes Kelsey, Vista and WinXP are nothing alike. It makes a big big difference.
Please now follow PA Bear's advice regarding the WGA. Then post back.

====================================

| Did all that, still doesn't want to work.
|
| Just realised I said I have XP, I have actually have Windows Vista, if that
| changes anything
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Go to Start -< Run, type in Services.msc and press Enter. Please check the following
| > services:
| >
| > "Remote Procedure Call" (RPCSS) should be enabled, Automatic
| > "COM+ Event System" (EventSystem) should be enabled, Manual
| > "System Event Notification Service" (SENS) should be enabled, Automatic
| > "Volume Shadow Copy" (VSS) should be enabled, Manual
| > "Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" (SWPRV) should be enabled, manual.
| >

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "Kelsey" <Kelsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | It didn't work
| > |
| > | "TaurArian" wrote:
| > |

Properties.

| > | > |

Broooz

RE: error code 80070426
Hi. I have the same error. I am running windows Vista on a new laptop from
Dell.

I have ensured the crypto service is running ok and I have run the windows
genuine test as suggested in this post. It was claimed to be genuine. I
can't find anything about this error on MS website but it seems to be
stopping other updates from downloading.

Plesase can you let me know what else I can try?

Thanks

Broooz