Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error 80070570

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2008
Nkosikazi
 

Posts: n/a
Error 80070570
I keep getting the error code 80070570 when trying to download the following
update Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB941229)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2008
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 80070570
(cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
"Nkosikazi" <Nkosikazi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CCFF30CF-FEE9-4AF8-AEA0-A67C89CC08C3@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting the error code 80070570 when trying to download the following
> update Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB941229)



<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">

F:\>set /a c =0x570
1392
F:\>net helpmsg %c%

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

</cmd_output>


As usual error codes are meaningless without their context.
Find where in the log that code in any of its representations is found.
Then look before that. Activate verbose logging if necessary.
Supplement the logging with ProcMon tracing if necessary.


Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2008
JoeH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 80070570
I get this same error message. I believe the OP gave the context--error code
comes up when trying to update Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows
Vista (KB941229). What more info

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
> "Nkosikazi" <Nkosikazi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CCFF30CF-FEE9-4AF8-AEA0-A67C89CC08C3@microsoft.com...
> >I keep getting the error code 80070570 when trying to download the following
> > update Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB941229)

>
>
> <cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
>
> F:\>set /a c =0x570
> 1392
> F:\>net helpmsg %c%
>
> The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
>
> </cmd_output>
>
>
> As usual error codes are meaningless without their context.
> Find where in the log that code in any of its representations is found.
> Then look before that. Activate verbose logging if necessary.
> Supplement the logging with ProcMon tracing if necessary.
>
>
> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2008
JoeH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 80070570
I was able to solve my problem by manually downloading the update.

"JoeH" wrote:

> I get this same error message. I believe the OP gave the context--error code
> comes up when trying to update Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows
> Vista (KB941229). What more info
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>
> > (cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
> > "Nkosikazi" <Nkosikazi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:CCFF30CF-FEE9-4AF8-AEA0-A67C89CC08C3@microsoft.com...
> > >I keep getting the error code 80070570 when trying to download the following
> > > update Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista (KB941229)

> >
> >
> > <cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
> >
> > F:\>set /a c =0x570
> > 1392
> > F:\>net helpmsg %c%
> >
> > The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
> >
> > </cmd_output>
> >
> >
> > As usual error codes are meaningless without their context.
> > Find where in the log that code in any of its representations is found.
> > Then look before that. Activate verbose logging if necessary.
> > Supplement the logging with ProcMon tracing if necessary.
> >
> >
> > Good luck
> >
> > Robert Aldwinckle
> > ---
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
update error 80070570 vista newbie microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 3 02-19-2009 18:23
Help with windows vista mail, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ASM microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 5 02-18-2009 08:23
Re: Error 80070570 Robert Aldwinckle microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 3 04-23-2008 14:31
Script error hangs Vista Mail client ads error echo1947 microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 0 01-19-2008 13:50
error reinstalling WSUS "DoInstall:ParseCommandLine failed (Error Doug microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-27-2007 09:16




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:23.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120