Error attempting to change Vista update to include "other products"

Oldster

Error attempting to change Vista update to include "other products"
I have a laptop running Vista Home Basic.

Trying to use the "Get Updates for more Products" facility in Vista
Updates...I get a result code 80070002 along with a message :-

"The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view."

Now, I'm not certain that I HAVE any "more products", but is there any
reason why the process is failing?

I click "Get Update for...", Screen appears "Try More....", Click "Start
now...", Screen appears "Review License..." , click "Continue..", Then get
error message! As far as I know nothing is wrong here! Is it complaining
about my license?

Note that I have tried the cures mentiond for this result code, but they all
seem to be associted with the failure to impliment specific fixes.

Re: Error attempting to change Vista update to include "other products"
Browse these previous conversations about this problem:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...coring=d&hl=en
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Oldster wrote:
> I have a laptop running Vista Home Basic.
>
> Trying to use the "Get Updates for more Products" facility in Vista
> Updates...I get a result code 80070002 along with a message :-
>
> "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view."
>
> Now, I'm not certain that I HAVE any "more products", but is there any
> reason why the process is failing?
>

> I click "Get Update for...", Screen appears "Try More....", Click "Start
> now...", Screen appears "Review License..." , click "Continue..", Then get
> error message! As far as I know nothing is wrong here! Is it complaining
> about my license?
>
> Note that I have tried the cures mentiond for this result code, but they
> all
> seem to be associted with the failure to impliment specific fixes.

Oldster

Re: Error attempting to change Vista update to include "other products"
I've had a look at the reference given, but they all seem to be problems
with installing particular fixes/updates, or failure to access any updates
at all. I can do the normal "Vista" updates OK, but I as tying to change the
procedure so that the system would look for updates to "Other" microsoft
software as well! That's the process that is failing for me.....the business
of changing to this more general update process.