Update KB 934238 failed

Terry

Update KB 934238 failed
Update KB 934238 failed after three tries.

What should I try to install this update?
TaurArian

Re: Update KB 934238 failed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934238
Note If you installed the .NET Framework 3.0 on a non-English version of Windows Server
2003 or of Windows XP, you must install the appropriate language pack for the .NET
Framework 3.0 before you check for updates on the Windows Update Web site..............

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Update KB 934238 failed after three tries.
|
| What should I try to install this update?

Re: Update KB 934238 failed
Windows version?

See Posts #51 through #58 in this archived thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a0e19475f020a3

(1) Are you running a non-English version of Windows XP *and* (2) are you
using a Unidrv-based printer *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
installed *and* (4) are you seeing English text in the print dialog box when
you print something? If you cannot answer Yes to all four (4) conditions,
you don't need to install 934238.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Terry wrote:
> Update KB 934238 failed after three tries.
>
> What should I try to install this update?

jp

Re: Update KB 934238 failed
Apologies to Terry if I may hijack your thread, and with all respect to Mr.
PA Bear, I have been having the exact same problems after a clean reinstall
of XP a few days ago. After searching these forums and reading the archived
thread, I still am not satisfied with this answer. I could care less whether
I need/don't need, and have/don't have the 934238 update. I just want to
turn off the notification balloon and icon!! If I don't need it, how can I
make Windows Update quit bugging me about it and telling me I do need it?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Windows version?
>
> See Posts #51 through #58 in this archived thread:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a0e19475f020a3
>
> (1) Are you running a non-English version of Windows XP *and* (2) are you
> using a Unidrv-based printer *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
> installed *and* (4) are you seeing English text in the print dialog box when
> you print something? If you cannot answer Yes to all four (4) conditions,
> you don't need to install 934238.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> Terry wrote:
> > Update KB 934238 failed after three tries.
> >
> > What should I try to install this update?

jp

Re: Update KB 934238 failed
P.S. In my case, I get an error message and cannot install the patch
referenced in the 12/6/07 post by Shenan Stanley,
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...e-5bd47b2ad9fb

I also cannot uninstall .NET framework v3.0 using the add/remove programs
that windows update earlier installed on my machine ("! - A problem has been
encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup.") , and I
cannot install the .NET framework 3.0 Service Pack (".NET framework 3.0 SP1
has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly.")

"jp" wrote:

> Apologies to Terry if I may hijack your thread, and with all respect to Mr.
> PA Bear, I have been having the exact same problems after a clean reinstall
> of XP a few days ago. After searching these forums and reading the archived
> thread, I still am not satisfied with this answer. I could care less whether
> I need/don't need, and have/don't have the 934238 update. I just want to
> turn off the notification balloon and icon!! If I don't need it, how can I
> make Windows Update quit bugging me about it and telling me I do need it?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Windows version?
> >
> > See Posts #51 through #58 in this archived thread:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a0e19475f020a3
> >
> > (1) Are you running a non-English version of Windows XP *and* (2) are you
> > using a Unidrv-based printer *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
> > installed *and* (4) are you seeing English text in the print dialog box when
> > you print something? If you cannot answer Yes to all four (4) conditions,
> > you don't need to install 934238.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >

> > Terry wrote:
> > > Update KB 934238 failed after three tries.
> > >
> > > What should I try to install this update?

jp

Re: Update KB 934238 failed
Oops, sorry, that'll show me for reading too fast...your suggestion in post
#58 for doing an update | custom scan and unchecking and hiding the 934238
update finally made the popups stop. Sorry for the rant, and thanks for your
help.

"jp" wrote:

> P.S. In my case, I get an error message and cannot install the patch
> referenced in the 12/6/07 post by Shenan Stanley,
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...e-5bd47b2ad9fb
>
> I also cannot uninstall .NET framework v3.0 using the add/remove programs
> that windows update earlier installed on my machine ("! - A problem has been
> encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup.") , and I
> cannot install the .NET framework 3.0 Service Pack (".NET framework 3.0 SP1
> has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly.")
>
> "jp" wrote:
>
> > Apologies to Terry if I may hijack your thread, and with all respect to Mr.
> > PA Bear, I have been having the exact same problems after a clean reinstall
> > of XP a few days ago. After searching these forums and reading the archived
> > thread, I still am not satisfied with this answer. I could care less whether
> > I need/don't need, and have/don't have the 934238 update. I just want to
> > turn off the notification balloon and icon!! If I don't need it, how can I
> > make Windows Update quit bugging me about it and telling me I do need it?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Windows version?
> > >
> > > See Posts #51 through #58 in this archived thread:
> > > http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a0e19475f020a3
> > >
> > > (1) Are you running a non-English version of Windows XP *and* (2) are you
> > > using a Unidrv-based printer *and* (3) is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
> > > installed *and* (4) are you seeing English text in the print dialog box when
> > > you print something? If you cannot answer Yes to all four (4) conditions,
> > > you don't need to install 934238.
> > > --
> > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> > > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Update KB 934238 failed
Yep. YW.

jp wrote:
> Oops, sorry, that'll show me for reading too fast...your suggestion in
> post
> #58 for doing an update | custom scan and unchecking and hiding the 934238
> update finally made the popups stop. Sorry for the rant, and thanks for
> your help.
>
> "jp" wrote:
>
>> P.S. In my case, I get an error message and cannot install the patch
>> referenced in the 12/6/07 post by Shenan Stanley,
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...e-5bd47b2ad9fb
>>
>> I also cannot uninstall .NET framework v3.0 using the add/remove programs
>> that windows update earlier installed on my machine ("! - A problem has
>> been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup.")
>> ,
>> and I cannot install the .NET framework 3.0 Service Pack (".NET
>> framework
>> 3.0 SP1 has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete
>> correctly.")
>>
>> "jp" wrote:
>>
>>> Apologies to Terry if I may hijack your thread, and with all respect to
>>> Mr. PA Bear, I have been having the exact same problems after a clean
>>> reinstall of XP a few days ago. After searching these forums and
>>> reading
>>> the archived thread, I still am not satisfied with this answer. I could
>>> care less whether I need/don't need, and have/don't have the 934238
>>> update. I just want to turn off the notification balloon and icon!! If
>>> I don't need it, how can I make Windows Update quit bugging me about it
>>> and telling me I do need it?

Re: Update KB 934238 failed
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If you have further problems/issues/questions, please begin your own thread.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

jp wrote:
<snip>
> I also cannot uninstall .NET framework v3.0 using the add/remove programs
> that windows update earlier installed on my machine ("! - A problem has
> been
> encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup.") , and
> cannot install the .NET framework 3.0 Service Pack (".NET framework 3.0
> SP1
> has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete
> correctly.")

Calven

RE: Update KB 934238 failed

Download and install the update manually.
1. Please visit the following link and download the update

Update for Windows XP (KB934238)
http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...4d063938e6.exe

2. Please note its location and install it manually.

Best Regards,

Calven