Comodo Firewall update addresses Windows Update problem

Comodo Firewall update addresses Windows Update problem
Crossposted to Windows Update, Vista Security, Vista General, and Security
newsgroups.

Comodo says v3.0.15.277 fixes "the bug causing Windows Updates to fail in
Windows Vista."
Source: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c...ase_notes.html

Comodo users can download v3.0.15.277 from
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c..._firewall.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks, Donna!
http://msmvps.com/blogs/donna/archiv...for-vista.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Comodo Firewall update addresses Windows Update problem
Nice. Malware couldn't do a better job than Comodo could, could it ?

Mowmodo Green [MVP 2003-2008]
====================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
====================

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Crossposted to Windows Update, Vista Security, Vista General, and Security
> newsgroups.
>
> Comodo says v3.0.15.277 fixes "the bug causing Windows Updates to fail in
> Windows Vista."
> Source: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c...ase_notes.html
>
> Comodo users can download v3.0.15.277 from
> http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c..._firewall.html
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Thanks, Donna!
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/donna/archiv...for-vista.aspx

Re: Comodo Firewall update addresses Windows Update problem
Well, then there's Zone Alarm...

[Wonder how many Comodo users will see this thread?]
--
~PA Bear

MowGreen wrote:
> Nice. Malware couldn't do a better job than Comodo could, could it ?
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Crossposted to Windows Update, Vista Security, Vista General, and
>> Security
>> newsgroups.
>>
>> Comodo says v3.0.15.277 fixes "the bug causing Windows Updates to fail in
>> Windows Vista."
>> Source: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c...ase_notes.html
>>
>> Comodo users can download v3.0.15.277 from
>> http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c..._firewall.html
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Thanks, Donna!
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/donna/archiv...for-vista.aspx

Alias

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Well, then there's Zone Alarm...
>
> [Wonder how many Comodo users will see this thread?]

I did but I have Comodo on XP, not Vista, and it works just fine, as do
Windows Updates.

Alias

Alias wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> Well, then there's Zone Alarm...
>>
>> [Wonder how many Comodo users will see this thread?]

> I did but I have Comodo on XP, not Vista, and it works just fine, as do
> Windows Updates.

I'd recommend upgrading to the new version anyway as it includes other
fixes.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Alias wrote:
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>>> Well, then there's Zone Alarm...
>>>
>>> [Wonder how many Comodo users will see this thread?]

>> I did but I have Comodo on XP, not Vista, and it works just fine, as do
>> Windows Updates.

> I'd recommend upgrading to the new version anyway as it includes other
> fixes.

I ran an update with the console and it says none are available. That
said, I am running 3.0.13.268. Does the new version install over the top
or must one uninstall the current install?

Thanks,

Alias

Alias wrote:
>>> I did but I have Comodo on XP, not Vista, and it works just fine, as do
>>> Windows Updates.

>> I'd recommend upgrading to the new version anyway as it includes other
>> fixes.

> I ran an update with the console and it says none are available. That
> said, I am running 3.0.13.268. Does the new version install over the top
> or must one uninstall the current install?

Dunno. What does Comodo Support say?

Looks like Comodo doesn't offer the update within the console.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

>>> I'd recommend upgrading to the new version anyway as it includes other
>>> fixes.

>> I ran an update with the console and it says none are available. That
>> said, I am running 3.0.13.268. Does the new version install over the top
>> or must one uninstall the current install?

> Dunno. What does Comodo Support say?

Can't find anything on their web site either way.

> Looks like Comodo doesn't offer the update within the console.

No, it doesn't.

> Comodo users can download v3.0.15.277 from
> http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c..._firewall.html

I know.

Alias

Alias wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

>>> I ran an update with the console and it says none are available. That
>>> said, I am running 3.0.13.268. Does the new version install over the top
>>> or must one uninstall the current install?

>> Dunno. What does Comodo Support say?

> Can't find anything on their web site either way.
>

>> Looks like Comodo doesn't offer the update within the console.

> No, it doesn't.
>

>> Comodo users can download v3.0.15.277 from
>> http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c..._firewall.html

> I know.

Whaddya want for free? <eg>

Alias

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Alias wrote:
>> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

>>> Dunno. What does Comodo Support say?

>> Can't find anything on their web site either way.
>>

>>> Looks like Comodo doesn't offer the update within the console.

>> No, it doesn't.
>>

>>> Comodo users can download v3.0.15.277 from
>>> http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c..._firewall.html

>> I know.

> Whaddya want for free? <eg>

I guess that leaves uninstalling the present one and installing the new
one to be on the safe side. Sigh. That's easier than asking on their
forums ;-)

Alias