Windows Automatic updater Not updating

Fergie 1947

Windows Automatic updater Not updating
I have Norton 360 (am not happy with it) I have been online with Norotn tech
- we reinstalled Norton to try and fix the WINDOWS update - It is "shaded"
and there is no way you can get it to turn it on....tried removing the fire
wall ...it is shaded too.
When the Norotn was uninstalled we even tried to turn it on then....and no
workie....what the heck is the problem??? Please anyone can you help?? I need
my windows updates turned "ON"!!! thanks
carlzi

RE: Windows Automatic updater Not updating

"Fergie 1947" wrote:

> I have Norton 360 (am not happy with it) I have been online with Norotn tech
> - we reinstalled Norton to try and fix the WINDOWS update - It is "shaded"
> and there is no way you can get it to turn it on....tried removing the fire
> wall ...it is shaded too.
> When the Norotn was uninstalled we even tried to turn it on then....and no
> workie....what the heck is the problem??? Please anyone can you help?? I need
> my windows updates turned "ON"!!! thanks

Re: Windows Automatic updater Not updating
Windows version?

1. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all
Norton software via Add/Remove Programs.

2. Enable the Windows Firewall.

3. Run this removal tool:

4. Immediately install the 30-day free trial version of, e.g., NOD32* or
KAV7**

5. Manually update your new anti-virus application then run a full system
scan.

Do your problems persist now?

[Don't forget to subscribe to your new AV app or uninstall it then reinstall
the Norton application before the free-trial period expires! Should you
decide to reinstall the Norton application, I recommend not installing any
Norton Add-ons for a while.]

* www.eset.com/download/index.php
** http://usa.kaspersky.com/trials/home.../anti-virus-7/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Fergie 1947 wrote:
> I have Norton 360 (am not happy with it) I have been online with Norotn
> tech
> - we reinstalled Norton to try and fix the WINDOWS update - It is "shaded"
> and there is no way you can get it to turn it on....tried removing the
> fire
> wall ...it is shaded too.
> When the Norotn was uninstalled we even tried to turn it on then....and no
> workie....what the heck is the problem??? Please anyone can you help?? I
> need my windows updates turned "ON"!!! thanks

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Automatic updater Not updating
I recommend shooting yerself in the head rather than reinstalling Norton
..... but then again, what do I know ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
=========

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Windows version?
>
> 1. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall
> all Norton software via Add/Remove Programs.
>
> 2. Enable the Windows Firewall.
>
> 3. Run this removal tool:
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039
>
> 4. Immediately install the 30-day free trial version of, e.g., NOD32* or
> KAV7**
>
> 5. Manually update your new anti-virus application then run a full
> system scan.
>
> Do your problems persist now?
>
> [Don't forget to subscribe to your new AV app or uninstall it then
> reinstall the Norton application before the free-trial period expires!
> Should you decide to reinstall the Norton application, I recommend not
> installing any Norton Add-ons for a while.]
>
> * www.eset.com/download/index.php
> ** http://usa.kaspersky.com/trials/home.../anti-virus-7/

Re: Windows Automatic updater Not updating
Hopefully the OP will come to the same conclusion.