Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Blue screen error after recent windows updates

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008
llivx
 

Posts: n/a
Blue screen error after recent windows updates
I got a blue screen error every boot time after recent updates.The updates
including:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.24.5399.0)
Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)
Security Update For Windows Vista (KB941644)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2008 (KB890830)
Update for Windows Vista (KB43302)
Update for Windows Vista (KB43899)
Update for Windows Vista (KB43411)
Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)

I don't really remember what the error message said,i remember it say
"please remove any program that control hard disk" or something close like
that.

I don't know which update cause the problem.I try to use system restore back
to the time before updates being installed and the problem gone.help me,i can
afraid to keep updating my windows.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blue screen error after recent windows updates
> No charge support
> • Call 1-866-PCSafety or 1-866-727-2338
>
> This phone number is for virus and other security-related support. It is available 24 hours a
> day for the U.S. and Canada. For phone numbers outside of the U.S. and Canada, select your
> region. http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx


*Please* call in and report this issue. No-charge support is available
for issues with Security updates and if you do not notify MS about this
issue then they will never know about it.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


llivx wrote:

> I got a blue screen error every boot time after recent updates.The updates
> including:
>
> Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.24.5399.0)
> Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)
> Security Update For Windows Vista (KB941644)
> Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2008 (KB890830)
> Update for Windows Vista (KB43302)
> Update for Windows Vista (KB43899)
> Update for Windows Vista (KB43411)
> Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)
>
> I don't really remember what the error message said,i remember it say
> "please remove any program that control hard disk" or something close like
> that.
>
> I don't know which update cause the problem.I try to use system restore back
> to the time before updates being installed and the problem gone.help me,i can
> afraid to keep updating my windows.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-13-2008
Trickie
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Blue screen error after recent windows updates
Same problem here. From another forum I was given the hint the culprit is
KB943899. So - booted from CD, went into Control Panel>Windows update>View
Update History>Installed Updates then deleted that one. I also turned off
automatically download and install updates so I wouldn't get it again. The
restart worked this time and all seems ok. But .... it is a worry. Reading
about that update it cheekily says it is to improve reliability!!!!

"llivx" wrote:

> I got a blue screen error every boot time after recent updates.The updates
> including:
>
> Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.24.5399.0)
> Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)
> Security Update For Windows Vista (KB941644)
> Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2008 (KB890830)
> Update for Windows Vista (KB43302)
> Update for Windows Vista (KB43899)
> Update for Windows Vista (KB43411)
> Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)
>
> I don't really remember what the error message said,i remember it say
> "please remove any program that control hard disk" or something close like
> that.
>
> I don't know which update cause the problem.I try to use system restore back
> to the time before updates being installed and the problem gone.help me,i can
> afraid to keep updating my windows.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008
brymck
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Blue screen error after recent windows updates
I'm pretty sure this post helped me fix my problem...every single time I
rebooted Vista Home Premium, it would blue screen repeatedly until the
machine was completely powered down. Then, it would boot without any problem.
I uninstalled this update and was able to successfully reboot my computer
without any problem...

"Trickie" wrote:

> Same problem here. From another forum I was given the hint the culprit is
> KB943899. So - booted from CD, went into Control Panel>Windows update>View
> Update History>Installed Updates then deleted that one. I also turned off
> automatically download and install updates so I wouldn't get it again. The
> restart worked this time and all seems ok. But .... it is a worry. Reading
> about that update it cheekily says it is to improve reliability!!!!
>
> "llivx" wrote:
>
> > I got a blue screen error every boot time after recent updates.The updates
> > including:
> >
> > Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.24.5399.0)
> > Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)
> > Security Update For Windows Vista (KB941644)
> > Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2008 (KB890830)
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB43302)
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB43899)
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB43411)
> > Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [January 2008] (KB905866)
> >
> > I don't really remember what the error message said,i remember it say
> > "please remove any program that control hard disk" or something close like
> > that.
> >
> > I don't know which update cause the problem.I try to use system restore back
> > to the time before updates being installed and the problem gone.help me,i can
> > afraid to keep updating my windows.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-05-2008
ato_zee@hotmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blue screen error after recent windows updates

> > > I don't know which update cause the problem.I try to use system
> > > restore back
> > > to the time before updates being installed and the problem gone.help
> > > me,i can
> > > afraid to keep updating my windows.


Same problem, plus a few more, welcome to the club, this is the first
OS that I've encountered that gets more disfunctional with each
update. Blue screens, sound stops working, crap printer drivers,
no (ZyDas chipset) USB wireless adapter driver, media player
hasn't the needed .avi codecs (I thought MS supported avi),
though without sound not much point in using media player.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2008
ChrisF
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blue screen error after recent windows updates


"ato_zee@hotmail.com" wrote:

>
> > > > I don't know which update cause the problem.I try to use system
> > > > restore back
> > > > to the time before updates being installed and the problem gone.help
> > > > me,i can
> > > > afraid to keep updating my windows.

>
> Same problem, plus a few more, welcome to the club, this is the first
> OS that I've encountered that gets more disfunctional with each
> update. Blue screens, sound stops working, crap printer drivers,
> no (ZyDas chipset) USB wireless adapter driver, media player
> hasn't the needed .avi codecs (I thought MS supported avi),
> though without sound not much point in using media player.
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2008
ChrisF
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blue screen error after recent windows updates
Yea no kidding... I've gone through about 10 re-installs of Vista 64bit
Business. 8 of them due to Windows update either 1) not installing properly,
2) Installation of updates causing problems or 3) the installation would not
complete and my computer would not shut down.

I am experiencing this same issue right now. Could not boot in safe mode,
could not use restore point. I tried a couple of times to install using
service pack 1 only and ignoring windows update live, but SP1's installation
is still bugged.

"ato_zee@hotmail.com" wrote:

>
> > > > I don't know which update cause the problem.I try to use system
> > > > restore back
> > > > to the time before updates being installed and the problem gone.help
> > > > me,i can
> > > > afraid to keep updating my windows.

>
> Same problem, plus a few more, welcome to the club, this is the first
> OS that I've encountered that gets more disfunctional with each
> update. Blue screens, sound stops working, crap printer drivers,
> no (ZyDas chipset) USB wireless adapter driver, media player
> hasn't the needed .avi codecs (I thought MS supported avi),
> though without sound not much point in using media player.
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008
brownis
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Blue screen error after recent windows updates

I also have a problem with the blue screen appearing but it is after the
windows defender update.

I do not have Vista but XP. It has happened twice right after a windows
defender update.

I am thinking of just uninstalling windows defender. Hopefully that
will work.


--
brownis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
brownis's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/brownis.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/890695.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
windows vista blue error screen after update =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRC4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 2 04-19-2009 09:34
Windows Vista error - blue screen Page Fault in Non Paged Area =?Utf-8?B?UEM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 8 09-17-2008 16:57
Windows update error 80070011, all recent updates except defender Mike Coppins microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 11-07-2007 21:53
Blue screen from screensavers and score updates stm1013 microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 06-23-2007 15:49
Blue screen of death...? related to updates? =?Utf-8?B?Um95?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 03-10-2007 00:46




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:30.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120