Re: HP Officejet 6100 series (DOT4USB) Driver

froda

Re: HP Officejet 6100 series (DOT4USB) Driver
Same problem, and I read all your other posts basically saying not to use MS
update unless you have problems. Unfortunately for me, I do have problems,
and HP's website does not provide drivers for vista, saying they are provided
automatically by Vista. I have a HP 6110 all-in-one printer, and it often is
showing-up as offline, or I have to reinstall it to get it to work. I was
hoping this update would resolve many of these issues, but reading through
countless forums have led me nowhere as I simply cannot find a downloadable
driver (from HP or Microsoft) for this printer for Vista. I've tried
uninstalling the drivers from device manager and both automatically let Vista
install them as well as run windows update to see if it would take, all with
the same results as indicated by the other posters. Any further advice would
be greatly appreciated.

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Yes I can
>
> Never take any hardware drivers from windows update unless you like blue
> screens after rebooting.
>
> If your hardware works fine: than just leave it be working just fine! Just
> the old rule: if it ain't broke do not try to "FIX" it.
>
> If your hardware is not working properly go to the manufacturers website for
> an updated driver.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie.
>
> "joeprt" <joeprt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware - officejet 6100 (DOT4USB)
> >
> > Installation date: ?09/?06/?2007 09:09
> >
> > Installation status: Failed
> >
> > Error details: Code 80070103
> >
> > Can someone help

realcestmoi

Re: HP Officejet 6100 series (DOT4USB) Driver
Hi there,

If so so not may options are left: only 3:

1) Try a XP driver for your device: it sometimes works under Vista.

2) Buy a new printer which is Vista ready

3) Downgrade to Windows XP.

Infortunately many anufacturers are making you buy new hardware due to not
making Vista drivers for your "old" devices.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"froda" <froda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news955E867-8792-47E1-8EB8-6748C79058C4@microsoft.com...
> Same problem, and I read all your other posts basically saying not to use
> MS
> update unless you have problems. Unfortunately for me, I do have
> problems,
> and HP's website does not provide drivers for vista, saying they are
> provided
> automatically by Vista. I have a HP 6110 all-in-one printer, and it often
> is
> showing-up as offline, or I have to reinstall it to get it to work. I was
> hoping this update would resolve many of these issues, but reading through
> countless forums have led me nowhere as I simply cannot find a
> downloadable
> driver (from HP or Microsoft) for this printer for Vista. I've tried
> uninstalling the drivers from device manager and both automatically let
> Vista
> install them as well as run windows update to see if it would take, all
> with
> the same results as indicated by the other posters. Any further advice
> would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Yes I can
>>
>> Never take any hardware drivers from windows update unless you like blue
>> screens after rebooting.
>>
>> If your hardware works fine: than just leave it be working just fine!
>> Just
>> the old rule: if it ain't broke do not try to "FIX" it.
>>
>> If your hardware is not working properly go to the manufacturers website
>> for
>> an updated driver.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie.
>>
>> "joeprt" <joeprt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware - officejet 6100 (DOT4USB)
>> >
>> > Installation date: ?09/?06/?2007 09:09
>> >
>> > Installation status: Failed
>> >
>> > Error details: Code 80070103
>> >
>> > Can someone help

True Knight

Re: HP Officejet 6100 series (DOT4USB) Driver

Hey "realcestmoi,"

The problem is...there IS a problem with the Current Vista Driver for
the HP printer. AND WE NEED to GET an UPDATE!

The problem is...the current driver will not print duplex correctly. It
prints head-to-toe no matter what you set in the print dialog. HP is
aware of this issue.

The problem is...HP is only distributing the DRIVER via Windows Update
(THEY have stated this on their website) and they will not distribute
it via the HP website.

SO...the Problem is...YOU are not being HELPFUL by just telling us to
DON'T DL. We need REAL Solutions... anyone care to give some REAL HELP
here?

--
True Knight
True Knight's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=40093

http://forums.techarena.in

realcestmoi

Re: HP Officejet 6100 series (DOT4USB) Driver
Hi there,

Well thanks for your comment.

Complain at HP than and let them make the right driver without the bug(s)
available for download from their website.

Still I believe my free given advice in this Vista ? HP matter is the best
and you will not get other advice since in the given situation what I
suggested is your best option.

I am following this thread so if a miracle might be happening I will
notice.,

Good luck with HP: I know their work fixed an nice bug in their update for
download once without even getting a thank you.

Best regards,
Michel Denie