Windows Update

gmax

Windows Update
One or all of the Updates listed below caused my computer to crash. Had to
use recovery disc to gain control. Once up and running the system was very
unstable so removed the updates. Now running as before. Is anyone else having
problems ? Come on Microsoft sort it out!

Update for Windows Vista (KB943302) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
Install this update to resolve a set of known application compatibility
issues with Windows Vista. After you install this item, you may have to
restart your computer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943302

Update for Windows Vista (KB943899) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance and
reliability issues in Windows Vista. By applying this update, you can achieve
better performance and responsiveness in various scenarios. After you
install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943899

Update for Windows Vista (KB943411) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
Install this update to improve protection in Windows Sidebar. This update
enables Windows Sidebar to block certain gadgets from running. After you
install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

GhostFace

RE: Windows Update
I have the EXACT same updates causing issues. My system never crashed,
because I am unable to install them due to error 80072F78.

larlyles

RE: Windows Update

"GhostFace" wrote:

> I have the EXACT same updates causing issues. My system never crashed,
> because I am unable to install them due to error 80072F78.
>

> I received notification that 7 critical updates were ready to install on Update Tuesday, January 8. We have 2 computers running Vista Ultimate. I received a message that 6 of the updates were successful and that one failed on each of the desktops. The one update that failed has been failing since early December. It is the update for Daylight Savings Time. I think the update is numbered KB942763. I got a message that I needed to reboot, which the computer did. Now every day I get the same notification that these updates are ready to install again. This is a continuous loop on both mine and my wife's Vista Ulltimate computers. The updates supposedly install successfully, but then Windows Update notifies us that they are ready to install again. I have gone through the installation routine several times on both computers, and each time before shutdown, the computer says that it is configuring the updates. Then it reboots and at startup says that it is configuring the updates again.

It shuts down again and finally reboots completely. After checking Windows Update, I am told that the updates installed successfully, only to find several hours later that I have 6 updates ready to install again. Microsoft's patches are much less dependable than they used to be and much less likely to install successfully without causing problems of one kind or another. I don't think they are actually testing them enough to make sure that they work correctly before releasing them on Update Tuesday each month. One update late last year completely broke Windows Update on my wife's laptop running Windows Business. I had to obtain a Vista installation CD from Microsoft and reinstall Windows Vista to solve the problem. The laptop had come with a Windows XP CD and I had purchased a Vista upgrade CD at the time I purchased the laptop, so I didn't have a Vista installation CD to use to reinstall Vista. At least Microsoft Windows Update technical support finally sent me a Vista CD. But I
dealt with this issue for 2 or 3 months before finally getting the issue resolved. Now I am being hit with these latest Windows Update issues. It really makes me wonder what to expect each month when I try to install the Windows Update patches on Update Tuesday. I am sorry I don't have any answers for your problem. I just want to reaffirm that there are some serious problems with the Microsoft patches that they are issuing each month.
Steinar Sæm

RE: Windows Update
Here's my problem after the updates:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...sloc=en-us&p=1
Microsoft really made a bad move with these updates, alot of people haveing
diffrent problems after them.. We want a fix NOW!

"gmax" wrote:

> One or all of the Updates listed below caused my computer to crash. Had to
> use recovery disc to gain control. Once up and running the system was very
> unstable so removed the updates. Now running as before. Is anyone else having
> problems ? Come on Microsoft sort it out!
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB943302) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
> Install this update to resolve a set of known application compatibility
> issues with Windows Vista. After you install this item, you may have to
> restart your computer.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943302
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB943899) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
> This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance and
> reliability issues in Windows Vista. By applying this update, you can achieve
> better performance and responsiveness in various scenarios. After you
> install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943899
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB943411) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
> Install this update to improve protection in Windows Sidebar. This update
> enables Windows Sidebar to block certain gadgets from running. After you
> install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=104989

DeerChaser

RE: Windows Update
I'm having the same problems, Vista 32, home built PC.

"Steinar Sæm" wrote:

> Here's my problem after the updates:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...sloc=en-us&p=1
> Microsoft really made a bad move with these updates, alot of people haveing
> diffrent problems after them.. We want a fix NOW!
>
> "gmax" wrote:
>
> > One or all of the Updates listed below caused my computer to crash. Had to
> > use recovery disc to gain control. Once up and running the system was very
> > unstable so removed the updates. Now running as before. Is anyone else having
> > problems ? Come on Microsoft sort it out!
> >
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB943302) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
> > Install this update to resolve a set of known application compatibility
> > issues with Windows Vista. After you install this item, you may have to
> > restart your computer.
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943302
> >
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB943899) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
> > This is a reliability update. This update resolves some performance and
> > reliability issues in Windows Vista. By applying this update, you can achieve
> > better performance and responsiveness in various scenarios. After you
> > install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943899
> >
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB943411) Installation date: ‎09/‎01/‎2008 18:22
> > Install this update to improve protection in Windows Sidebar. This update
> > enables Windows Sidebar to block certain gadgets from running. After you
> > install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=104989

Flashtube

RE: Windows Update
I am having a similar problem on my Windows XP Pro sp2 computer. After I
downloaded and installed KB943485, KB941644, and KB890830 on 01/12/08, I
rebooted my computer and it is now stuck in reboot mode. Keeps rebooting. I
have tried everything on the F8 menu and does not work. I can get into the
drive by using a USB drive enclosure, but do not know what I can do to get it
running again. Thank you.
--
I can do it better!