Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

.NET Frameworks 2.0 & 3.0

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008
Joe
 

Posts: n/a
.NET Frameworks 2.0 & 3.0
Does .NET 2.0 SP1 include previous updates (i.e., published 7-11-2006,
10-10-2006, & 7-10-2007)? And does .NET 3.0 SP1 include update published
4-12-2007?

Also, would it be advisable for me to download & install .NET 3.5 on a WXP
Professional home compiter?

Thanks for your help.
--
Joe Davis
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008
Gis Bun
 

Posts: n/a
RE: .NET Frameworks 2.0 & 3.0
Usually the KB can tell you what's included in the SPs. The updates should be
there.

As for Installing 3.5, unless an application calls for it, you don't need to
waste space on it [and possible future additional security updates]. "If it
ain't broken, don't fix it."

"Joe" wrote:

> Does .NET 2.0 SP1 include previous updates (i.e., published 7-11-2006,
> 10-10-2006, & 7-10-2007)? And does .NET 3.0 SP1 include update published
> 4-12-2007?
>
> Also, would it be advisable for me to download & install .NET 3.5 on a WXP
> Professional home compiter?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> --
> Joe Davis

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008
Joe
 

Posts: n/a
RE: .NET Frameworks 2.0 & 3.0
Thanks for the effort, Gis.

I checked the KB articles relating to both .NET 2 & .NET 3 SP1s. In both
cases the KB# names of the updates were not mentioned, only descriptions of
the specific problems that were addressed/fixed.

As for whether or not I should install .NET 3.5, sorry but "If it ain't
broken, don't fix it" is not the kind of answer I was looking for. .NET 3.5
builds om the many foundations introduced in .NET 3 & includes SP1 for both
..NET 2 & .NET 3; however, I am not a developer & thus wonder if I'll ever
need the improved structural framework.

Cheers

--
Joe Davis


"Gis Bun" wrote:

> Usually the KB can tell you what's included in the SPs. The updates should be
> there.
>
> As for Installing 3.5, unless an application calls for it, you don't need to
> waste space on it [and possible future additional security updates]. "If it
> ain't broken, don't fix it."
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > Does .NET 2.0 SP1 include previous updates (i.e., published 7-11-2006,
> > 10-10-2006, & 7-10-2007)? And does .NET 3.0 SP1 include update published
> > 4-12-2007?
> >
> > Also, would it be advisable for me to download & install .NET 3.5 on a WXP
> > Professional home compiter?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > --
> > Joe Davis

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2008
Gis Bun
 

Posts: n/a
RE: .NET Frameworks 2.0 & 3.0
Regarding installing 3.5, it does build on 3.0 and 2.0 (and includes both
SP1s) *but* it's no point in installing 3.5 unless you have applications that
use it. v3.5 is based on Visual Studio 2008 applications and that alone just
barely got released last month.

My suggestion is that until an app requires it, hold off (that and it
reduces any security issues).

"Joe" wrote:

> Thanks for the effort, Gis.
>
> I checked the KB articles relating to both .NET 2 & .NET 3 SP1s. In both
> cases the KB# names of the updates were not mentioned, only descriptions of
> the specific problems that were addressed/fixed.
>
> As for whether or not I should install .NET 3.5, sorry but "If it ain't
> broken, don't fix it" is not the kind of answer I was looking for. .NET 3.5
> builds om the many foundations introduced in .NET 3 & includes SP1 for both
> .NET 2 & .NET 3; however, I am not a developer & thus wonder if I'll ever
> need the improved structural framework.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Joe Davis
>
>
> "Gis Bun" wrote:
>
> > Usually the KB can tell you what's included in the SPs. The updates should be
> > there.
> >
> > As for Installing 3.5, unless an application calls for it, you don't need to
> > waste space on it [and possible future additional security updates]. "If it
> > ain't broken, don't fix it."
> >
> > "Joe" wrote:
> >
> > > Does .NET 2.0 SP1 include previous updates (i.e., published 7-11-2006,
> > > 10-10-2006, & 7-10-2007)? And does .NET 3.0 SP1 include update published
> > > 4-12-2007?
> > >
> > > Also, would it be advisable for me to download & install .NET 3.5 on a WXP
> > > Professional home compiter?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > > --
> > > Joe Davis

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2008
Joe
 

Posts: n/a
RE: .NET Frameworks 2.0 & 3.0
Thanks for your answers, Gis.
--
Joe Davis


"Gis Bun" wrote:

> Regarding installing 3.5, it does build on 3.0 and 2.0 (and includes both
> SP1s) *but* it's no point in installing 3.5 unless you have applications that
> use it. v3.5 is based on Visual Studio 2008 applications and that alone just
> barely got released last month.
>
> My suggestion is that until an app requires it, hold off (that and it
> reduces any security issues).
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the effort, Gis.
> >
> > I checked the KB articles relating to both .NET 2 & .NET 3 SP1s. In both
> > cases the KB# names of the updates were not mentioned, only descriptions of
> > the specific problems that were addressed/fixed.
> >
> > As for whether or not I should install .NET 3.5, sorry but "If it ain't
> > broken, don't fix it" is not the kind of answer I was looking for. .NET 3.5
> > builds om the many foundations introduced in .NET 3 & includes SP1 for both
> > .NET 2 & .NET 3; however, I am not a developer & thus wonder if I'll ever
> > need the improved structural framework.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > --
> > Joe Davis
> >
> >
> > "Gis Bun" wrote:
> >
> > > Usually the KB can tell you what's included in the SPs. The updates should be
> > > there.
> > >
> > > As for Installing 3.5, unless an application calls for it, you don't need to
> > > waste space on it [and possible future additional security updates]. "If it
> > > ain't broken, don't fix it."
> > >
> > > "Joe" wrote:
> > >
> > > > Does .NET 2.0 SP1 include previous updates (i.e., published 7-11-2006,
> > > > 10-10-2006, & 7-10-2007)? And does .NET 3.0 SP1 include update published
> > > > 4-12-2007?
> > > >
> > > > Also, would it be advisable for me to download & install .NET 3.5 on a WXP
> > > > Professional home compiter?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks for your help.
> > > > --
> > > > Joe Davis

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista & Netzlaufwerk mit Net Use Wiesner Michael microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.administration 0 10-17-2007 15:03
SP2 sous Vista pour frameworks .net 3 cfrederic2005 microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.general 2 10-12-2007 21:16
Open.NET — .NET Libraries Go "Open Source" Steve General Technology News 0 10-03-2007 19:41
Vista & XP Pro Network Problems IPconfig, net config & browstat in Rick microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 07-12-2007 21:02
Five AJAX Frameworks Reviewed Steve General Technology News 0 05-03-2007 00:29




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:16.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120