Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter fails to install (KB905

LDL

Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter fails to install (KB905
I run Vista Home Premium set to Automatic Update, using Windows Firewall and
CA Vet Anti-Virusware.
For the last couple of months the Windows Mail Junk E-Mail Filter refuses to
install.
I have tried downloading it separtely and then installing it myself with the
Firewall and Anti-Virus software off/sleeping but it still fails to install.
I've searched the knowledgebase articles without any help from them.
Other auto-downloads are installed successfully.
Can anyone help ? I have been getting an increase in Spam/Phishing emails
lately!
--
LDL
Dwaggie67

RE: Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter fails to install (KB905
Same here, I run Vista Home Premium set to Automatic Update, I use Comodo
Firewall and Avast! Anti-Virus. This up date and with three others that
won't install either. I tryed to install them all one by one'but the fail
every time. The updates that refuse to install are KB943411, KB905866,
KB943302, and KB943899.
I had to hide these updates because they kept nagging me to reboot constantly.
I had to download Mozilla Thunderbird Mail to get my mail.

Dwaggie67

"LDL" wrote:

> I run Vista Home Premium set to Automatic Update, using Windows Firewall and
> CA Vet Anti-Virusware.
> For the last couple of months the Windows Mail Junk E-Mail Filter refuses to
> install.
> I have tried downloading it separtely and then installing it myself with the
> Firewall and Anti-Virus software off/sleeping but it still fails to install.
> I've searched the knowledgebase articles without any help from them.
> Other auto-downloads are installed successfully.
> Can anyone help ? I have been getting an increase in Spam/Phishing emails
> lately!
> --
> LDL

Dwaggie67

RE: Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter fails to install (K
I manage to get KB943302, and KB943899 to install successfully, but KB943411
and KB905866 still refuse to install.

Dwaggie67

"Dwaggie67" wrote:

> Same here, I run Vista Home Premium set to Automatic Update, I use Comodo
> Firewall and Avast! Anti-Virus. This up date and with three others that
> won't install either. I tryed to install them all one by one'but the fail
> every time. The updates that refuse to install are KB943411, KB905866,
> KB943302, and KB943899.
> I had to hide these updates because they kept nagging me to reboot constantly.
> I had to download Mozilla Thunderbird Mail to get my mail.
>
> Dwaggie67
>

> "LDL" wrote:
>
> > I run Vista Home Premium set to Automatic Update, using Windows Firewall and
> > CA Vet Anti-Virusware.
> > For the last couple of months the Windows Mail Junk E-Mail Filter refuses to
> > install.
> > I have tried downloading it separtely and then installing it myself with the
> > Firewall and Anti-Virus software off/sleeping but it still fails to install.
> > I've searched the knowledgebase articles without any help from them.
> > Other auto-downloads are installed successfully.
> > Can anyone help ? I have been getting an increase in Spam/Phishing emails
> > lately!
> > --
> > LDL

Bill

"LDL" <LDL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I run Vista Home Premium set to Automatic Update, using Windows Firewall
>and
> CA Vet Anti-Virusware.
> For the last couple of months the Windows Mail Junk E-Mail Filter refuses
> install.
> I have tried downloading it separtely and then installing it myself with
> the
> Firewall and Anti-Virus software off/sleeping but it still fails to
> install.
> I've searched the knowledgebase articles without any help from them.
> Other auto-downloads are installed successfully.
> Can anyone help ? I have been getting an increase in Spam/Phishing emails
> lately!
> --
> LDL

905866 (if thats the one you mean) installed OK for me - HP with Windows
Firewall and AVG Free AV with E-mail scanning turned OFF as recommended in
these groups.