Vista Premium crash after auto vista update & installation

DubaiVistaPremium

Vista Premium crash after auto vista update & installation
Hi, my Dell XPS M1330 has downloaded & installed auto updates for Vista
premium home edition and on restarting it loads with a blue screen only
visible for milliseconds and then reboots. What do I do? There is obviously
a compatibility issue with one of the patches and hardware. How do I
identify which and roll back the update and also ensure it does not download
& install it again?

Re: Vista Premium crash after auto vista update & installation

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s).
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

"DubaiVistaPremium" wrote:
> Hi, my Dell XPS M1330 has downloaded & installed auto updates for Vista
> premium home edition and on restarting it loads with a blue screen only
> visible for milliseconds and then reboots. What do I do? There is
> obviously
> a compatibility issue with one of the patches and hardware. How do I
> identify which and roll back the update and also ensure it does not
> download
> & install it again?

Marcin Balcerzak

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:35:04 -0800, DubaiVistaPremium wrote:

> Hi, my Dell XPS M1330 has downloaded & installed auto updates for Vista
> premium home edition and on restarting it loads with a blue screen only
> visible for milliseconds and then reboots. What do I do? There is obviously
> a compatibility issue with one of the patches and hardware. How do I
> identify which and roll back the update and also ensure it does not download
> & install it again?

Just a guess... KB943899?
Roll back with 'repair a computer' using installation cd. Unfortunatelly,
it'll almost for sure remove more updates than needed.

--
Marcin Balcerzak
DubaiVistaPremium

Re: Vista Premium crash after auto vista update & installation
Looking at the event log, it seems that KB943899 was the last update
installed. On restart the "service control manager" had mulitple failures.
Using the OS disk I restored to last operational version and it seems fine
for now. Thanks.

"Marcin Balcerzak" wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:35:04 -0800, DubaiVistaPremium wrote:
>
> > Hi, my Dell XPS M1330 has downloaded & installed auto updates for Vista
> > premium home edition and on restarting it loads with a blue screen only
> > visible for milliseconds and then reboots. What do I do? There is obviously
> > a compatibility issue with one of the patches and hardware. How do I
> > identify which and roll back the update and also ensure it does not download
> > & install it again?

> Just a guess... KB943899?
> Roll back with 'repair a computer' using installation cd. Unfortunatelly,
> it'll almost for sure remove more updates than needed.
>

> --
> Marcin Balcerzak

livx

"DubaiVistaPremium" wrote:

> Hi, my Dell XPS M1330 has downloaded & installed auto updates for Vista
> premium home edition and on restarting it loads with a blue screen only
> visible for milliseconds and then reboots. What do I do? There is obviously
> a compatibility issue with one of the patches and hardware. How do I
> identify which and roll back the update and also ensure it does not download
> & install it again?

I have that problem too and i heard many dell laptop have that problem (i'm
using dell inspiron 1420).i just do system restore back to the time i
install updates and the problem gone.There are many people tell that problem
caused by KB943899,and i think it's true since my pc is okay if install all
updates except KB943899.i recommend you to hide that update for now.i can't
call 1-866-PCSAFETY because i live in malaysia (it's only for us and canada).

livx wrote:
> ...i can't
> call 1-866-PCSAFETY because i live in malaysia (it's only for us and
> canada).

You don't have to call:

Support for Windows Update:

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

Buckiguy

RE: Vista Premium crash after auto vista update & installation
Thanks for the information. I have a Dell D630 and had the
blue screen crash upon windows update as well. I changed the automatic
windows update to manual and fixed the problem. It was derived from KB943899
which came available on January 8th 2008. I left it unselected until
Microsoft fixes the problem.

My advice is to go to the last RESTORE POINT prior to the update KB943899 or
point of crash. Although you cannot restart the computer you should be able
to shut it down, then be able to access Windows. Then from that point
CHANGE SETTINGS so that you can de-select the automatic update KB943899 and
don't run it until Windows fixes the problem. Hope this is helpful.

"livx" wrote:

> "DubaiVistaPremium" wrote:
>
> > Hi, my Dell XPS M1330 has downloaded & installed auto updates for Vista
> > premium home edition and on restarting it loads with a blue screen only
> > visible for milliseconds and then reboots. What do I do? There is obviously
> > a compatibility issue with one of the patches and hardware. How do I
> > identify which and roll back the update and also ensure it does not download
> > & install it again?

> I have that problem too and i heard many dell laptop have that problem (i'm
> using dell inspiron 1420).i just do system restore back to the time i
> install updates and the problem gone.There are many people tell that problem
> caused by KB943899,and i think it's true since my pc is okay if install all
> updates except KB943899.i recommend you to hide that update for now.i can't
> call 1-866-PCSAFETY because i live in malaysia (it's only for us and canada).

fpc_mike

RE: Vista Premium crash after auto vista update & installation
I just got my Dell XPS M1330 today and ran into the same problems as everyone
else, heck of a first day with this notebook. I have it narrowed down to the
KB943899 update being the root of my problems. Has Microsoft come up with a
patch to this yet?

"Buckiguy" wrote:

> Thanks for the information. I have a Dell D630 and had the
> blue screen crash upon windows update as well. I changed the automatic
> windows update to manual and fixed the problem. It was derived from KB943899
> which came available on January 8th 2008. I left it unselected until
> Microsoft fixes the problem.
>
> My advice is to go to the last RESTORE POINT prior to the update KB943899 or
> point of crash. Although you cannot restart the computer you should be able
> to shut it down, then be able to access Windows. Then from that point
> CHANGE SETTINGS so that you can de-select the automatic update KB943899 and
> don't run it until Windows fixes the problem. Hope this is helpful.
>

> "livx" wrote:
>
> > "DubaiVistaPremium" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, my Dell XPS M1330 has downloaded & installed auto updates for Vista
> > > premium home edition and on restarting it loads with a blue screen only
> > > visible for milliseconds and then reboots. What do I do? There is obviously
> > > a compatibility issue with one of the patches and hardware. How do I
> > > identify which and roll back the update and also ensure it does not download
> > > & install it again?

> > I have that problem too and i heard many dell laptop have that problem (i'm
> > using dell inspiron 1420).i just do system restore back to the time i
> > install updates and the problem gone.There are many people tell that problem
> > caused by KB943899,and i think it's true since my pc is okay if install all
> > updates except KB943899.i recommend you to hide that update for now.i can't
> > call 1-866-PCSAFETY because i live in malaysia (it's only for us and canada).

Re: Vista Premium crash after auto vista update & installation
And have you contacted Dell Support yet? See
http://www.dellcommunity.com/support...id=59999#M4595

Also see
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...151fcd0fb764f8

Dell Support Forums
www.dellcommunity.com
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

fpc_mike wrote:
> I just got my Dell XPS M1330 today and ran into the same problems as
> everyone else, heck of a first day with this notebook. I have it narrowed
> down to the KB943899 update being the root of my problems. Has Microsoft
> come up with a patch to this yet?
>
> "Buckiguy" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the information. I have a Dell D630 and had the
>> blue screen crash upon windows update as well. I changed the automatic
>> windows update to manual and fixed the problem. It was derived from
>> KB943899 which came available on January 8th 2008. I left it unselected
>> until Microsoft fixes the problem.
>>
>> My advice is to go to the last RESTORE POINT prior to the update KB943899
>> or point of crash. Although you cannot restart the computer you should
>> be
>> able to shut it down, then be able to access Windows. Then from that
>> point CHANGE SETTINGS so that you can de-select the automatic update
>> KB943899 and don't run it until Windows fixes the problem. Hope this is
>> helpful.

>>> I have that problem too and i heard many dell laptop have that problem
>>> (i'm using dell inspiron 1420).i just do system restore back to the
>>> time
>>> i install updates and the problem gone.There are many people tell that
>>> problem caused by KB943899,and i think it's true since my pc is okay if
>>> install all updates except KB943899.i recommend you to hide that update
>>> for now.i can't call 1-866-PCSAFETY because i live in malaysia (it's
>>> only
>>> for us and canada).

ولد عمر