Redirect to old update site v4

Soner

Redirect to old update site v4
After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access to
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us anymore,
and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
site.

I can't scan my computer with
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp for updates.

My os is Xp Pro x64.
From the update log, the updates having installed this morning:
Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB943485)
Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941644)
Title = Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January

What solution?
Jörg Becker

Re: Redirect to old update site v4
Hi,

I have the same problem, look here:
http://www.antitux.de/showthread.php...860#post121860

brgds

JB

"Soner" <Soner@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us
> anymore,
> and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
> site.
>
> I can't scan my computer with
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp for updates.
>
> My os is Xp Pro x64.
> From the update log, the updates having installed this morning:
> Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB943485)
> Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941644)
> Title = Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January
>
> What solution?

Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Redirect to old update site v4
"Soner" <Soner@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access to
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us anymore,
> and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
> site.

[...]
> My os is Xp Pro x64.

How about accessing
https://update.microsoft.com/windows....aspx?ln=en-us
and/or
https://update.microsoft.com/microso....aspx?ln=en-us

Bye,
Freudi
Jörg Becker

Re: Redirect to old update site v4
ist also redirected to https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/de/default.asp

brgds

Jörg Becker

"Ottmar Freudenberger" <freudi@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Soner" <Soner@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>
>> After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access
>> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us
>> anymore,
>> and redirected to old
>> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
>> site.

> [...]
>> My os is Xp Pro x64.

> How about accessing
> https://update.microsoft.com/windows....aspx?ln=en-us
> and/or
> https://update.microsoft.com/microso....aspx?ln=en-us
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

Re: Redirect to old update site v4

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s).
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.orgStart a free Windows Update support incident
request:

Soner wrote:
> After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us
> anymore,
> and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
> site.
>
> I can't scan my computer with
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp for updates.
>
> My os is Xp Pro x64.
> From the update log, the updates having installed this morning:
> Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB943485)
> Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941644)
> Title = Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January
>
> What solution?

Eric

RE: Redirect to old update site v4
Hi,

My name is Eric and I work in the WIndows Update group at Microsoft.

Could you please send me the user agent string from your machine that is
experiencing this issue. Please send to ericbrod@microsoft.com

The user agent will be found at the following register entries

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
Settings, User Agent

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet
Settings\User Agent\Post Platform

This we help us look to see what the issue is.

Eric

"Soner" wrote:

> After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access to
> http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us anymore,
> and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
> site.
>
> I can't scan my computer with
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp for updates.
>
> My os is Xp Pro x64.
> From the update log, the updates having installed this morning:
> Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB943485)
> Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941644)
> Title = Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January
>
> What solution?

Soner

Re: Redirect to old update site v4
Didn't notice anything different. Same redirect problem.

"Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:

> "Soner" <Soner@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>
> > After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access to
> > http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us anymore,
> > and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
> > site.

> [...]
> > My os is Xp Pro x64.

> How about accessing
> https://update.microsoft.com/windows....aspx?ln=en-us
> and/or
> https://update.microsoft.com/microso....aspx?ln=en-us
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

Soner

RE: Redirect to old update site v4
Hi,

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
Settings
User Agent info in right panel:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; SV1; Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR
3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
Settings\User Agent
empty reg value (default) in right panel
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
Settings\User Agent\Post Platform
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) reg value in right
panel

*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Internet
Settings
Nothing related to user agent in right panel

"Eric" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Eric and I work in the WIndows Update group at Microsoft.
>
> Could you please send me the user agent string from your machine that is
> experiencing this issue. Please send to ericbrod@microsoft.com
>
> The user agent will be found at the following register entries
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
> Settings, User Agent
>
> and
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet
> Settings\User Agent\Post Platform
>
> This we help us look to see what the issue is.
>
> Eric
>

> "Soner" wrote:
>
> > After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access to
> > http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us anymore,
> > and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
> > site.
> >
> > I can't scan my computer with
> > http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp for updates.
> >
> > My os is Xp Pro x64.
> > From the update log, the updates having installed this morning:
> > Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB943485)
> > Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941644)
> > Title = Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January
> >
> > What solution?

Soner

Re: Redirect to old update site v4
I've discovered that this may be an administrator related issue...?

When I run internet explorer as an administrator, the update page does not
redirects me to the old one any more, and everything works fine. (Login to pc
as administrator account. Or rigt click IE icon and click run as, than select
administrator account. Or right click IE icon,
properties>shortcut>advanced>run with different creditentals>ok and close.
Than click IE icon, select administrator account.)

I have an another account on my PC, which is created by user accounts in
control panel, and configured as an administrator account too. I usually
login with that account. Redirecting to old v4 problem occurs with this
account. I tried opening another account as a normal user, to see if anything
changes, but the problem still occurs.

IE redirects update.microsoft.com to old v4 update page if i don't log in pc
as Administrator, or open IE as administrator. What is the cause of this
annoying redirect issue?

"Jörg Becker" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem, look here:
> http://www.antitux.de/showthread.php...860#post121860
>
> brgds
>
> JB
>

> "Soner" <Soner@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > After having installed some updates this morning, I'm not able to access
> > http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us
> > anymore,
> > and redirected to old http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp
> > site.
> >
> > I can't scan my computer with
> > http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp for updates.
> >
> > My os is Xp Pro x64.
> > From the update log, the updates having installed this morning:
> > Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB943485)
> > Title = Security Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941644)
> > Title = Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January
> >
> > What solution?

Re: Redirect to old update site v4
Also try:

Windows Update page says "Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates
from our site.":
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/35/1/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/