Today's Vista update destroyed my computer

KnightFire

Today's Vista update destroyed my computer
So everything was running fine today when I got the message to install the
Vista update.

On the reboot it took over an hour to configure then another hour to shutdown.

When it did finally go to reboot it would just loop the log in screen and do
nothing else.

I restarted and tried to go to safe mode and then my computer freezes when
been on this screen for the past hour.

When I tried to repair using the disk it the screen tells me that my two
physical drives have been reversed.

Does anyone know if I can fix this or am I going to have to reformat and
reinstall?

Re: Today's Vista update destroyed my computer

[Do this NOW!]

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net

KnightFire wrote:
> So everything was running fine today when I got the message to install the
> Vista update.
>
> On the reboot it took over an hour to configure then another hour to
> shutdown.
>
> When it did finally go to reboot it would just loop the log in screen and
> do
> nothing else.
>
> I restarted and tried to go to safe mode and then my computer freezes when
> now
> been on this screen for the past hour.
>
> When I tried to repair using the disk it the screen tells me that my two
> physical drives have been reversed.
>
> Does anyone know if I can fix this or am I going to have to reformat and
> reinstall?

christianater7@gmail.com

Re: Today's Vista update destroyed my computer
On Jan 8, 6:44 pm, KnightFire <KnightF...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> So everything was running fine today when I got the message to install the
> Vista update.
>
> On the reboot it took over an hour to configure then another hour to shutdown.
>
> When it did finally go to reboot it would just loop the log in screen and do
> nothing else.
>
> I restarted and tried to go to safe mode and then my computer freezes when
> been on this screen for the past hour.
>
> When I tried to repair using the disk it the screen tells me that my tworew
> physical drives have been reversed.
>
> Does anyone know if I can fix this or am I going to have to reformat and
> reinstall?

I had the exact same issue! The exact same! I turned off my computer
and then re-booted and it worked after that. I did a hard reboot and
left it for a few seconds.
aintha@gmail.com

Re: Today's Vista update destroyed my computer
I had the same issue yesterday after install the updates.

The only way solved this(try chkdsk, safe mode boot, and other ways i
found googling...) was booting with the vista DVD and use "repair
computer" to restore a system restore "restore point".

The only problem now is that i have the updates ready to install
again... If anyone knows wich update is please let me know.

I wish you understand my writing, sorry my poor english , Regards

On 8 ene, 23:44, KnightFire <KnightF...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> So everything was running fine today when I got the message to install the
> Vista update. *
>
> On the reboot it took over an hour to configure then another hour to shutdown.
>
> When it did finally go to reboot it would just loop the log in screen and do
> nothing else.
>
> I restarted and tried to go to safe mode and then my computer freezes when
> been on this screen for the past hour.
>
> When I tried to repair using the disk it the screen tells me that my two
> physical drives have been reversed.
>
> Does anyone know if I can fix this or am I going to have to reformat and
> reinstall?

NetWorker

Re: Today's Vista update destroyed my computer
I also experienced the same problem....

"aintha@gmail.com" wrote:

> I had the same issue yesterday after install the updates.
>
> The only way solved this(try chkdsk, safe mode boot, and other ways i
> found googling...) was booting with the vista DVD and use "repair
> computer" to restore a system restore "restore point".
>
> The only problem now is that i have the updates ready to install
> again... If anyone knows wich update is please let me know.
>
> I wish you understand my writing, sorry my poor english , Regards
>
> On 8 ene, 23:44, KnightFire <KnightF...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > So everything was running fine today when I got the message to install the
> > Vista update.
> >
> > On the reboot it took over an hour to configure then another hour to shutdown.
> >
> > When it did finally go to reboot it would just loop the log in screen and do
> > nothing else.
> >
> > I restarted and tried to go to safe mode and then my computer freezes when
> > been on this screen for the past hour.
> >
> > When I tried to repair using the disk it the screen tells me that my two
> > physical drives have been reversed.
> >
> > Does anyone know if I can fix this or am I going to have to reformat and
> > reinstall?

bspilios@gmail.com

Re: Today's Vista update destroyed my computer
On Jan 9, 3:44 am, KnightFire <KnightF...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> So everything was running fine today when I got the message to install the
> Vista update.
>
> On the reboot it took over an hour to configure then another hour to shutdown.
>
> When it did finally go to reboot it would just loop the log in screen and do
> nothing else.
>
> I restarted and tried to go to safe mode and then my computer freezes when
> been on this screen for the past hour.
>
> When I tried to repair using the disk it the screen tells me that my two
> physical drives have been reversed.
>
> Does anyone know if I can fix this or am I going to have to reformat and
> reinstall?

I had the exact same problem today.

This is what I did to fix it:

Reboot with the F8 pressed.

On the boot-options menu I selected to use Boot normally with VGA
640x480 resolution.

The vista booted and configured the updates and I logged in without
any issues.
Then I restarted in normal mode and it now works properly.

Hope this works for you,
Regards,
Bill Spiliotopoulos.

terter

Re: Today's Vista update destroyed my computer
i tried F8 & restore couple time & fix it , Thanks!
if you can't fix it at first try few more time thats what i did