For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.

muffet

For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
Hi Pa Bear,

I read your article “In Preparation for Vista SP1 dated 07/01/08” oh how I
wish I had found it sooner.

In it you mentioned about KB935509 being for Vista Ultimate & Enterprise
user’s only.

In the automatic update today: I have ended up with a copy of KB935509.

I run Vista Premium with Word 2003: can you please tell me how this was
possible?

And what it will do to my set up as I have been one of the lucky ones up to
now, with no trouble? I also have read that it is not removable.

Any help/comments welcome.

--
thanks: muffet
Eric

RE: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
Hi,

Thank you for letting us know of this issue we are in the process of
changing the detection on the Update so that it will not be offered to Vista
Premium machines. This new detection should be published within the hour.
After this if you scan the site again you will not be offered the update.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Thank you

Eric

"muffet" wrote:

> Hi Pa Bear,
>
> I read your article “In Preparation for Vista SP1 dated 07/01/08” oh how I
> wish I had found it sooner.
>
> In it you mentioned about KB935509 being for Vista Ultimate & Enterprise
> user’s only.
>
> In the automatic update today: I have ended up with a copy of KB935509.
>
> I run Vista Premium with Word 2003: can you please tell me how this was
> possible?
>
> And what it will do to my set up as I have been one of the lucky ones up to
> now, with no trouble? I also have read that it is not removable.
>
> Any help/comments welcome.
>
> --
> thanks: muffet

muffet

RE: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
Eric,

Thanks for your latest information:

Glad that I could help:

But could you please tell me what is KB935509 going to do to my set up, as
it can not be removed?? and it seems I should not have been sent it in the
first place??

And am I still going to get the other two up dates that are prerequisite for
Windows Vista SP1??
--
thanks: muffet

"Eric" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for letting us know of this issue we are in the process of
> changing the detection on the Update so that it will not be offered to Vista
> Premium machines. This new detection should be published within the hour.
> After this if you scan the site again you will not be offered the update.
>
> We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
>
> Thank you
>
> Eric
>
> "muffet" wrote:
>
> > Hi Pa Bear,
> >
> > I read your article “In Preparation for Vista SP1 dated 07/01/08” oh how I
> > wish I had found it sooner.
> >
> > In it you mentioned about KB935509 being for Vista Ultimate & Enterprise
> > user’s only.
> >
> > In the automatic update today: I have ended up with a copy of KB935509.
> >
> > I run Vista Premium with Word 2003: can you please tell me how this was
> > possible?
> >
> > And what it will do to my set up as I have been one of the lucky ones up to
> > now, with no trouble? I also have read that it is not removable.
> >
> > Any help/comments welcome.
> >
> > --
> > thanks: muffet

Re: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
Please await Eric's reply and further instructions, Muffet. Eric is a
Microsoft employee and represents the update team, though he didn't identify
himself as such in his post.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

muffet wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Thanks for your latest information:
>
> Glad that I could help:
>
> But could you please tell me what is KB935509 going to do to my set up, as
> it can not be removed?? and it seems I should not have been sent it in the
> first place??
>
> And am I still going to get the other two up dates that are prerequisite
> for
> Windows Vista SP1??
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for letting us know of this issue we are in the process of
>> changing the detection on the Update so that it will not be offered to
>> Vista Premium machines. This new detection should be published within
>> the
>> hour. After this if you scan the site again you will not be offered the
>> update.
>>
>> We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> "muffet" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pa Bear,
>>>
>>> I read your article “In Preparation for Vista SP1 dated 07/01/08”
>>> oh
>>> how I wish I had found it sooner.
>>>
>>> In it you mentioned about KB935509 being for Vista Ultimate & Enterprise
>>> user’s only.
>>>
>>> In the automatic update today: I have ended up with a copy of KB935509.
>>>
>>> I run Vista Premium with Word 2003: can you please tell me how this was
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> And what it will do to my set up as I have been one of the lucky ones up
>>> to now, with no trouble? I also have read that it is not removable.
>>>
>>> Any help/comments welcome.
>>>
>>> --
>>> thanks: muffet

muffet

Re: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
Thanks Pa Bear,

I will try and be patient.

Will Eric reply to this TechNet discussion group?

If not could you please advise where?

I think it is a bit late for me, as KB935509 has already downloaded
automaticly to my Vista Premium: So what can I do or what can be done about
it?
--
thanks: muffet

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please await Eric's reply and further instructions, Muffet. Eric is a
> Microsoft employee and represents the update team, though he didn't identify
> himself as such in his post.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> muffet wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > Thanks for your latest information:
> >
> > Glad that I could help:
> >
> > But could you please tell me what is KB935509 going to do to my set up, as
> > it can not be removed?? and it seems I should not have been sent it in the
> > first place??
> >
> > And am I still going to get the other two up dates that are prerequisite
> > for
> > Windows Vista SP1??
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Thank you for letting us know of this issue we are in the process of
> >> changing the detection on the Update so that it will not be offered to
> >> Vista Premium machines. This new detection should be published within
> >> the
> >> hour. After this if you scan the site again you will not be offered the
> >> update.
> >>
> >> We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >>
> >> Eric

Re: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
If you're seeing my replies, you'll see Eric's replies.

At this point we don't know what the consequences might be, if any, for
those running other than Vista Ultimate or Enterprise and who were offered
935509 by Automatic Updates today.

Stay tuned to this station. <wink>
--
~PA Bear

muffet

Re: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
I will,

Thanks once again
--
muffet

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> If you're seeing my replies, you'll see Eric's replies.
>
> At this point we don't know what the consequences might be, if any, for
> those running other than Vista Ultimate or Enterprise and who were offered
> 935509 by Automatic Updates today.
>
> Stay tuned to this station. <wink>
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> muffet wrote:
> > Thanks Pa Bear,
> >
> > I will try and be patient.
> >
> > Will Eric reply to this TechNet discussion group?
> >
> > If not could you please advise where?
> >
> > I think it is a bit late for me, as KB935509 has already downloaded
> > automaticly to my Vista Premium: So what can I do or what can be done
> > about
> > it?
> >
> >> Please await Eric's reply and further instructions, Muffet. Eric is a
> >> Microsoft employee and represents the update team, though he didn't
> >> identify himself as such in his post.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

poppop spaugy

Re: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
I also got KB935509 , I have vista home premium

"muffet" <muffet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pa Bear,
>
> I read your article “In Preparation for Vista SP1 dated 07/01/08” oh how I
> wish I had found it sooner.
>
> In it you mentioned about KB935509 being for Vista Ultimate & Enterprise
> user’s only.
>
> In the automatic update today: I have ended up with a copy of KB935509.
>
> I run Vista Premium with Word 2003: can you please tell me how this was
> possible?
>
> And what it will do to my set up as I have been one of the lucky ones up
> now, with no trouble? I also have read that it is not removable.
>
> Any help/comments welcome.
>
> --
> thanks: muffet

Engel

Re: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
Hello Robear Dyer,

Eric, cash the check.

I went back to manually check for updates. and the KB 935509 is not there
any more.

Good news for some.
- -- ---

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please await Eric's reply and further instructions, Muffet. Eric is a
> Microsoft employee and represents the update team, though he didn't identify
> himself as such in his post.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> muffet wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > Thanks for your latest information:
> >
> > Glad that I could help:
> >
> > But could you please tell me what is KB935509 going to do to my set up, as
> > it can not be removed?? and it seems I should not have been sent it in the
> > first place??
> >
> > And am I still going to get the other two up dates that are prerequisite
> > for
> > Windows Vista SP1??
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Thank you for letting us know of this issue we are in the process of
> >> changing the detection on the Update so that it will not be offered to
> >> Vista Premium machines. This new detection should be published within
> >> the
> >> hour. After this if you scan the site again you will not be offered the
> >> update.
> >>
> >> We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
> >>
> >> Thank you
> >>
> >> Eric

Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]

Re: For Pa Bear: Vista KB935509.
http://blogs.technet.com/mu/archive/...-kb935509.aspx