Reminder to Vista Comodo Firewall Users

Omega X

Reminder to Vista Comodo Firewall Users
Comodo v3 will interfere with Vista updates. (Atleast 4 of the Tuesday
patches were kept from updating the system)

The only way for the system to update is to completely uninstall Comodo.

You might be better off using the Windows Firewall or another 3rd Party
Firewall vendor until Comodo's developers can figure out the mess.
CB

RE: Reminder to Vista Comodo Firewall Users

"Omega X" wrote:

> Comodo v3 will interfere with Vista updates. (Atleast 4 of the Tuesday
> patches were kept from updating the system)
>
> The only way for the system to update is to completely uninstall Comodo.
>
> You might be better off using the Windows Firewall or another 3rd Party
> Firewall vendor until Comodo's developers can figure out the mess.

Omega X,

I was on the phone yesterday for three hours with Microsoft Update
support personnel trying to install the latest updates. They tried everything
imagineable, short of uninstalling and reinstalling the OS, to get the
updates to remain installed. Of course, I would always try to restore my
system from an image before I consider a reinstall. They would install
successfully and then uninstall at the next reboot.

I always disable my firewall, antivirus and antispy applications during
an update install and have had no problems in the past. However, the four
updates simply would not stay installed. We finally managed to get two of
them (KB943302 and KB943899) to successfully install but the remaining two,
KB943411 and KB935509, would not install under any circumstances.

I decided to search the Vista Update forum to determine if I could
glean some information as to the unsuccessful update installs. I noticed your
post and decided to completely uninstall my Comodo firewall and try again.
The two remaining updates installed successfully with no problems whatsoever.

Thank you for posting the remedy to my problem. I appreciate it very
much. Have a nice day.

C.B.

Dreanmachine

RE: Reminder to Vista Comodo Firewall Users
I had the same problems, and did the Comodo V3 uninstall. Then the 5 updates
were successful. However, I can't get my sidebar to display anymore upon
windows boot-up. I have checked the configuration and it still indicates
that it is to load at Windows start-up. ANy ideas how to get this working
again?