Update Error 80070057

Vitamint10

Update Error 80070057
What can i do to fix this? i got a dell inspiron 1520 for christmas but i
havn't been able to get any of the updates because it gives me this error
message. It isn't listed in the help file. And i can't find any way to fix
it. somebody help me out.f
Gis Bun

RE: Update Error 80070057
You should contact Dell's support if unanswered here. Part of the support you
are paying for is anything in Windows. Dell support can access your PC
remotely to help you.

"Vitamint10" wrote:

> What can i do to fix this? i got a dell inspiron 1520 for christmas but i
> havn't been able to get any of the updates because it gives me this error
> message. It isn't listed in the help file. And i can't find any way to fix
> it. somebody help me out.f

Vitamint10

RE: Update Error 80070057
Already did that. was on the line for over 2 hours while the "help" did
things that i told him i had already done. Then put me on hold often and
eventually said he would call me back the next day after talking about it
with others. He of course didn't call me back and wasted 2 hours of my life.

So i ask again. Can somebody please help me with this?

"Gis Bun" wrote:

> You should contact Dell's support if unanswered here. Part of the support you
> are paying for is anything in Windows. Dell support can access your PC
> remotely to help you.
>
> "Vitamint10" wrote:
>
> > What can i do to fix this? i got a dell inspiron 1520 for christmas but i
> > havn't been able to get any of the updates because it gives me this error
> > message. It isn't listed in the help file. And i can't find any way to fix
> > it. somebody help me out.f

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Update Error 80070057
(cross-post added to Vista Perf & Maint)
"Vitamint10" <Vitamint10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1236FE25-9BD1-4D7F-B4B3-0F45F008A688@microsoft.com

> [Subject: Update Error 80070057]

> What can i do to fix this? i got a dell inspiron 1520 for christmas but i
> havn't been able to get any of the updates because it gives me this error
> message. It isn't listed in the help file. And i can't find any way to fix
> it. somebody help me out.f

You just need to decode it. <eg>

<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
F:\>set /a c =0x57
87
F:\>net helpmsg %c%

The parameter is incorrect.
</cmd_output>

Isn't that helpful? ; }

As usual error codes are meaningless without their context.
Find where in the log that code in any of its representations is found.
Then look before that. Activate verbose logging if necessary.
Supplement the logging with ProcMon tracing if necessary.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

DellCA

Re: Update Error 80070057

Vitamint10;3440176 Wrote:
> What can i do to fix this? i got a dell inspiron 1520 for christmas but
> havn't been able to get any of the updates because it gives me this
> error
> message. It isn't listed in the help file. And i can't find any way
> to fix
> it. somebody help me out.f

Do you get any other errors? Which update are you trying to install
when you get the error message? That and Roberts suggestion of
checking the logs is probably going to be the only way to figure out
why you get the error.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

--
DellCA
DellCA's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=20193

http://forums.techarena.in

RobAnt

Re: Update Error 80070057
Does anyone, anywhere, know how to fix this error?

I get it trying to run the Vista SP1 update.

I have tried lots of things, from running CCleaner, downloading updated
drivers for almost everything, disabling my firewall, anti-virus and
spyware/trojan blocker.

I've even tried uploading updated Vista media codecs.

There is nothing, that I can see, remotely resembling a fix, and it would be
useful to know exactly how widespread this is.

So if you've got a Windows Live Messenger account, please post here. Simply
login and reply.

RobAnt
+
TaurArian

Re: Update Error 80070057
Have you tried or been offered - 947821?

Description of the CheckSUR update for Windows Vista and for Windows Vista for x64-based
systems
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

Also note 80070057 - ERROR_INVALID_PARAMENTER. Third party service which is running in
the computer creating the problem. Please do a clean boot and then install the updates.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (All Languages)
Unlimited installation and compatibility support is available at no charge until March 18,
2009.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921

Direct downloads -

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 434.5 MB
Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 726.5MB)
Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe

Important information

Things to know before you download Windows Vista SP1
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb968859.aspx

Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"RobAnt" <RobAnt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Does anyone, anywhere, know how to fix this error?
|
| I get it trying to run the Vista SP1 update.
|
| I have tried lots of things, from running CCleaner, downloading updated
| drivers for almost everything, disabling my firewall, anti-virus and
| spyware/trojan blocker.
|
| I've even tried uploading updated Vista media codecs.
|
| There is nothing, that I can see, remotely resembling a fix, and it would be
| useful to know exactly how widespread this is.
|
| So if you've got a Windows Live Messenger account, please post here. Simply
| login and reply.
|
| RobAnt
| +

RobAnt

Re: Update Error 80070057
Some of them look familiar.

I forgot to mention that I've also tried the "delete the
%windows%\softwaredistributio.etc.." directory delete fix.

RobAnt

Re: Update Error 80070057
Is there an easier way of entering hyperlinks than simply pasting them into
the message - such as text to identify link ??

RobAnt

Re: Update Error 80070057
I also forgot to mention that I'm running VHP 32bit edition on a msi mobo
with a core 2 duo & 2 gigs ram.