error message 0x80072EE7

I didnt touch it, honestly..!

error message 0x80072EE7
Hi guys i really need your help ive tried everything i could find to resolve
this issue but i guess i am doing something wrong, i am not a whizz at
computuer probs and am struggling.....any help gratefully accepted
Gaz
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
"I didnt touch it, honestly..!" <I didnt touch it,
honestly..!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys i really need your help ive tried everything i could find to
> resolve
> this issue but i guess i am doing something wrong, i am not a whizz at
> computuer probs and am struggling.....any help gratefully accepted
> Gaz

Start here..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

and here..

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072ee7.html

--
Mike Hall - MVP

I didnt touch it, honestly..!

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
Thanks mike but i have tried these already with no joy
Gaz

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "I didnt touch it, honestly..!" <I didnt touch it,
> honestly..!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi guys i really need your help ive tried everything i could find to
> > resolve
> > this issue but i guess i am doing something wrong, i am not a whizz at
> > computuer probs and am struggling.....any help gratefully accepted
> > Gaz

> Start here..
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
>
> and here..
>
> http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072ee7.html
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP

joeriswa

honestly..!@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi guys i really need your help ive tried everything i could find to
> resolve
> this issue but i guess i am doing something wrong, i am not a whizz at
> computuer probs and am struggling.....any help gratefully accepted
> Gaz

For those who don't like to read....(solution was already given in previous
post concerning windows update error !!!!)

It is scamware that changes the DNS server details from automatically
obtaining to using there own ip.
Solution: Get to your Local Area Connection and click properties.
Click TCP/IP then properties. Click "Obtain DNS Automatically".

I didnt touch it, honestly..!

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
ALSO FOR THOSE WHO DONT LIKE TO READ....!!!!

I asked for help not a lecture ....!!!!
I have read several posts and non of them have so far helped...it may well
be scamware but niether i nor Kaspersky or spy bot can find it ...!!!!
As i said earliear i am no whizz with computers and apologise for my
ignorance but your post is of no help wharsoever
GOOD DAY SIR!!!!!!

"joeriswa" wrote:

> "I didnt touch it, honestly..!" <I didnt touch it,
> honestly..!@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > Hi guys i really need your help ive tried everything i could find to
> > resolve
> > this issue but i guess i am doing something wrong, i am not a whizz at
> > computuer probs and am struggling.....any help gratefully accepted
> > Gaz

> For those who don't like to read....(solution was already given in previous
> post concerning windows update error !!!!)
>
> It is scamware that changes the DNS server details from automatically
> obtaining to using there own ip.
> Solution: Get to your Local Area Connection and click properties.
> Click TCP/IP then properties. Click "Obtain DNS Automatically".

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
Did you : Open to your Local Area Connection in Control Panel via
Network Connections, then click Properties.
Click on TCP/IP, click Properties.
Make sure that "Obtain an IP address Automatically" is selected
Make sure that "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected.

If yes and no joy, then see if the system can access this page:

If yes, then follow Steps 1 - 11 to run FixWareout.exe
Please post the 'report.txt' as described in Step 11 so that we can see
if the system was infected or still is.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

I didnt touch it wrote:

> ALSO FOR THOSE WHO DONT LIKE TO READ....!!!!
>
> I asked for help not a lecture ....!!!!
> I have read several posts and non of them have so far helped...it may well
> be scamware but niether i nor Kaspersky or spy bot can find it ...!!!!
> As i said earliear i am no whizz with computers and apologise for my
> ignorance but your post is of no help wharsoever
> GOOD DAY SIR!!!!!!
>
> "joeriswa" wrote:
>

>>"I didnt touch it, honestly..!" <I didnt touch it,
>>honestly..!@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>>>Hi guys i really need your help ive tried everything i could find to
>>>resolve
>>>this issue but i guess i am doing something wrong, i am not a whizz at
>>>computuer probs and am struggling.....any help gratefully accepted
>>>Gaz

>>For those who don't like to read....(solution was already given in previous
>>post concerning windows update error !!!!)
>>
>>It is scamware that changes the DNS server details from automatically
>>obtaining to using there own ip.
>>Solution: Get to your Local Area Connection and click properties.
>>Click TCP/IP then properties. Click "Obtain DNS Automatically".

I didnt touch it, honestly..!

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
Thank you
Yes i did...again no joy
cant access this.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic76554.html
i really do think this is SPY related though...
Gaz

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you : Open to your Local Area Connection in Control Panel via
> Network Connections, then click Properties.
> Click on TCP/IP, click Properties.
> Make sure that "Obtain an IP address Automatically" is selected
> Make sure that "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected.
>
> If yes and no joy, then see if the system can access this page:
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic76554.html
>
> If yes, then follow Steps 1 - 11 to run FixWareout.exe
> Please post the 'report.txt' as described in Step 11 so that we can see
> if the system was infected or still is.
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> I didnt touch it wrote:
>
> > ALSO FOR THOSE WHO DONT LIKE TO READ....!!!!
> >
> > I asked for help not a lecture ....!!!!
> > I have read several posts and non of them have so far helped...it may well
> > be scamware but niether i nor Kaspersky or spy bot can find it ...!!!!
> > As i said earliear i am no whizz with computers and apologise for my
> > ignorance but your post is of no help wharsoever
> > GOOD DAY SIR!!!!!!
> >
> > "joeriswa" wrote:
> >

> >>"I didnt touch it, honestly..!" <I didnt touch it,
> >>honestly..!@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

> >>For those who don't like to read....(solution was already given in previous
> >>post concerning windows update error !!!!)
> >>
> >>It is scamware that changes the DNS server details from automatically
> >>obtaining to using there own ip.
> >>Solution: Get to your Local Area Connection and click properties.
> >>Click TCP/IP then properties. Click "Obtain DNS Automatically".

I didnt touch it, honestly..!

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
Just had a look on next doors pc looks promising i will give it a go
Thanks Gaz

"I didnt touch it, honestly..!" wrote:

> Thank you
> Yes i did...again no joy
> cant access this.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic76554.html
> i really do think this is SPY related though...
> Gaz
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Did you : Open to your Local Area Connection in Control Panel via
> > Network Connections, then click Properties.
> > Click on TCP/IP, click Properties.
> > Make sure that "Obtain an IP address Automatically" is selected
> > Make sure that "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected.
> >
> > If yes and no joy, then see if the system can access this page:
> > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic76554.html
> >
> > If yes, then follow Steps 1 - 11 to run FixWareout.exe
> > Please post the 'report.txt' as described in Step 11 so that we can see
> > if the system was infected or still is.
> >

> > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> > ===============
> > *-343-* FDNY
> > Never Forgotten
> > ===============
> >

> > I didnt touch it wrote:
> >
> > > ALSO FOR THOSE WHO DONT LIKE TO READ....!!!!
> > >
> > > I asked for help not a lecture ....!!!!
> > > I have read several posts and non of them have so far helped...it may well
> > > be scamware but niether i nor Kaspersky or spy bot can find it ...!!!!
> > > As i said earliear i am no whizz with computers and apologise for my
> > > ignorance but your post is of no help wharsoever
> > > GOOD DAY SIR!!!!!!

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
Smart move. The system is *most* likely infected with a variant of
WareOut and running fixwareout will at least keep the beast at bay until
you can update the system and then visit a reputable anti-malware forum.
Post back with the report.txt so someone can confirm that the system was
indeed infected and refer you to a forum.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

I didnt touch it wrote:
> Just had a look on next doors pc looks promising i will give it a go
> Thanks Gaz
>
> "I didnt touch it, honestly..!" wrote:
>

>>Thank you
>>Yes i did...again no joy
>>cant access this.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic76554.html
>>i really do think this is SPY related though...
>>Gaz
>>
>>"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>>

>>>Did you : Open to your Local Area Connection in Control Panel via
>>>Network Connections, then click Properties.
>>>Click on TCP/IP, click Properties.
>>>Make sure that "Obtain an IP address Automatically" is selected
>>>Make sure that "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is selected.
>>>
>>>If yes and no joy, then see if the system can access this page:
>>>http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic76554.html
>>>
>>>If yes, then follow Steps 1 - 11 to run FixWareout.exe
>>>Please post the 'report.txt' as described in Step 11 so that we can see
>>>if the system was infected or still is.
>>>

>>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>>>===============
>>> *-343-* FDNY
>>>Never Forgotten
>>>===============

Iamonsite

Re: error message 0x80072EE7
Jan13 2008. I also have this error. No entries in host file, no other web
sites affected. Running LiveOneCare, tried uninstall, re-installed, Also
re-installed IE7, went through guided setup (help for this error) which
checked for windows update in the trusted sites. Live oneCare shows green,
healthy and tune up went through not finding any spyware, or viruses, and
when it got through to the Check for Updates from Microsoft, it offers to go
to the web site, where the error shows up again.
I also tried getting windows updates through firefox, but that site is no
longer updated (anyone know of a microsoft approved method, of using firefox,
please let me know.)
I've also reset my router, cable modem, cleared temp files, DNS cache, and
signed on with a different admin profile. Same result.
Unless my ISP has their DNS screwed up, I don't know what else to do.