Cannot download windows update or guided help

Zenith

Cannot download windows update or guided help
Hi all. just wondering if anyone can help me out. I have tried dozens of
times to download windows xp sp2 from the microsoft website and it just won't
do it. It keeps coming up wit that error message i'm sure you are all
familiar with by now. I have followed all the steps listed as solutions to
the problem on the website, and have tried to download the guided help as
well. when i go to downoad guided help, i can only get as far as the terms
and conditions page before the computer tels me I ave an error on the page
and won't let me go further. Please help!!!! Running windows XP business
edition on a compaq UBL pro notebook computer, if that helps.
Zenith

RE: Cannot download windows update or guided help
My computer is actually an Evo N1020v notebook. Read through some other
comments adn questions on tis site and i discovered tat if I disabled my Zone
ALarm firewall I could download windows update software. Still haven't
managed to download SP2 yet though. Not sure what is going wrong, but it
keeps telling me to install SP2 or later.

"Zenith" wrote:

> Hi all. just wondering if anyone can help me out. I have tried dozens of
> times to download windows xp sp2 from the microsoft website and it just won't
> do it. It keeps coming up wit that error message i'm sure you are all
> familiar with by now. I have followed all the steps listed as solutions to
> the problem on the website, and have tried to download the guided help as
> well. when i go to downoad guided help, i can only get as far as the terms
> and conditions page before the computer tels me I ave an error on the page
> and won't let me go further. Please help!!!! Running windows XP business
> edition on a compaq UBL pro notebook computer, if that helps.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Cannot download windows update or guided help
SP2 can be downloaded here:

Or, order the free CD but pay for *shipping*:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...s/default.mspx

PRIOR to installing it, it would behoove you to read these articles to
save yourself a ton of grief:

Preparing for installation
http://winhlp.com/node/125#Preparing_for_installation

Service Pack Installation Checklist