In preparation for Vista SP1...

<QP>
Tomorrow, Tuesday 8 January, we are releasing several non-security update
packages via Windows Update. The updates include the regular monthly
Malicious Software Removal Tool and Windows Mail Junk Mail Filter, two
updates in our regular series of Windows Vista updates (KB943302 for
application compatibility and KB943899 for reliability and performance), and
one update of particular notice: KB935509. Similar to previous updates that
enhanced Windows Vista’s performance and reliability, these updates will be
distributed automatically through Windows Update.

Tomorrow’s KB935509 release is a little different than past updates. It is
a prerequisite for installing SP1 and is applicable only for Windows Vista
Ultimate and Enterprise users, because it only affects versions of Windows
Vista supporting BitLocker Drive Encryption.

This update modifies the boot loader to enable successful install or
uninstall of the service pack if the PC uses BitLocker encryption. We’re
releasing it now to lay the groundwork for future updates and to eliminate
any extra reboots by installing it along with updates that already require a
reboot. For more information on the update, see KB article KB935509 (which
will be posted on Tuesday morning).

In addition to KB985509, there are two other updates that will be
prerequisites for Windows Vista SP1, for all versions of Windows Vista.
They will be released at a later date and will improve the installation
experience and reliability for the service pack as well as for individual
update packages.

SP1 development and testing efforts are continuing as expected and we remain
on track for its release later this quarter.
</QP>
Source:
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...p1-prereq.aspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

non flammable on XP

Re: In preparation for Vista SP1...
you (MS) can patch vista all you want..

it will never be good.

> <QP>
> Tomorrow, Tuesday 8 January, we are releasing several non-security update
> packages via Windows Update. The updates include the regular monthly
> Malicious Software Removal Tool and Windows Mail Junk Mail Filter, two
> updates in our regular series of Windows Vista updates (KB943302 for
> application compatibility and KB943899 for reliability and performance),
> and one update of particular notice: KB935509. Similar to previous
> updates that enhanced Windows Vista’s performance and reliability, these
> updates will be distributed automatically through Windows Update.
>
> Tomorrow’s KB935509 release is a little different than past updates. It
> is a prerequisite for installing SP1 and is applicable only for Windows
> Vista Ultimate and Enterprise users, because it only affects versions of
> Windows Vista supporting BitLocker Drive Encryption.
>
> This update modifies the boot loader to enable successful install or
> uninstall of the service pack if the PC uses BitLocker encryption. We’re
> releasing it now to lay the groundwork for future updates and to eliminate
> any extra reboots by installing it along with updates that already require
> a reboot. For more information on the update, see KB article KB935509
> (which will be posted on Tuesday morning).
>
> In addition to KB985509, there are two other updates that will be
> prerequisites for Windows Vista SP1, for all versions of Windows Vista.
> They will be released at a later date and will improve the installation
> experience and reliability for the service pack as well as for individual
> update packages.
>
> SP1 development and testing efforts are continuing as expected and we
> remain on track for its release later this quarter.
> </QP>
> Source:
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...p1-prereq.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

Re: In preparation for Vista SP1...
Thank you for this insightful information PA Bear
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com
> <QP>
> Tomorrow, Tuesday 8 January, we are releasing several non-security update
> packages via Windows Update. The updates include the regular monthly
> Malicious Software Removal Tool and Windows Mail Junk Mail Filter, two
> updates in our regular series of Windows Vista updates (KB943302 for
> application compatibility and KB943899 for reliability and performance),
> and one update of particular notice: KB935509. Similar to previous
> updates that enhanced Windows Vista’s performance and reliability, these
> updates will be distributed automatically through Windows Update.
>
> Tomorrow’s KB935509 release is a little different than past updates. It
> is a prerequisite for installing SP1 and is applicable only for Windows
> Vista Ultimate and Enterprise users, because it only affects versions of
> Windows Vista supporting BitLocker Drive Encryption.
>
> This update modifies the boot loader to enable successful install or
> uninstall of the service pack if the PC uses BitLocker encryption. We’re
> releasing it now to lay the groundwork for future updates and to eliminate
> any extra reboots by installing it along with updates that already require
> a reboot. For more information on the update, see KB article KB935509
> (which will be posted on Tuesday morning).
>
> In addition to KB985509, there are two other updates that will be
> prerequisites for Windows Vista SP1, for all versions of Windows Vista.
> They will be released at a later date and will improve the installation
> experience and reliability for the service pack as well as for individual
> update packages.
>
> SP1 development and testing efforts are continuing as expected and we
> remain on track for its release later this quarter.
> </QP>
> Source:
> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...p1-prereq.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Spanky deMonkey

" non flammable on XP" <not@say.here> wrote in message
> you (MS) can patch vista all you want..
>
> it will never be good.

You will never be good. Turn yourself into authorities. Your gig is up.
You are a complete moron and a putz.
Just FYI

>> <QP>
>> Tomorrow, Tuesday 8 January, we are releasing several non-security update
>> packages via Windows Update. The updates include the regular monthly
>> Malicious Software Removal Tool and Windows Mail Junk Mail Filter, two
>> updates in our regular series of Windows Vista updates (KB943302 for
>> application compatibility and KB943899 for reliability and performance),
>> and one update of particular notice: KB935509. Similar to previous
>> updates that enhanced Windows Vista's performance and reliability, these
>> updates will be distributed automatically through Windows Update.
>>
>> Tomorrow's KB935509 release is a little different than past updates. It
>> is a prerequisite for installing SP1 and is applicable only for Windows
>> Vista Ultimate and Enterprise users, because it only affects versions of
>> Windows Vista supporting BitLocker Drive Encryption.
>>
>> This update modifies the boot loader to enable successful install or
>> uninstall of the service pack if the PC uses BitLocker encryption. We're
>> releasing it now to lay the groundwork for future updates and to
>> eliminate any extra reboots by installing it along with updates that
>> already require a reboot. For more information on the update, see KB
>> article KB935509 (which will be posted on Tuesday morning).
>>
>> In addition to KB985509, there are two other updates that will be
>> prerequisites for Windows Vista SP1, for all versions of Windows Vista.
>> They will be released at a later date and will improve the installation
>> experience and reliability for the service pack as well as for individual
>> update packages.
>>
>> SP1 development and testing efforts are continuing as expected and we
>> remain on track for its release later this quarter.
>> </QP>
>> Source:
>> http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...p1-prereq.aspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

non flammable on XP

Re: In preparation for Vista SP1...
I bet no male has ever layed eyes on you

unless to say.. what freakshow is that??