No Dreamscene Problem - I have Genuine Vista Ultimate

Rodrigo_live

No Dreamscene Problem - I have Genuine Vista Ultimate
I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed. I´ve
received all the latest updates from Windows Update automatically. If I check
the Update History I can see that Windows Dreamscene has been installed, in
fact I can choose the default Dreamscene video or one of my personal videos.
The problem is that the Dreamscene Content pack is not shown in the available
updates list, not even in the Optional Updates. I´ve checked the Hidden
Updates and is not there and if I manually check for Updates Windows Update
responds that my pc is up to date and no Extras are available. I´ve received
all other updates, Hold’em poker, basic Dreamscene installation and the
default video but not the Content Pack.
Donald L McDaniel

Re: No Dreamscene Problem - I have Genuine Vista Ultimate
On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:43:01 -0800, Rodrigo_live
<Rodrigolive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed. Ive
>received all the latest updates from Windows Update automatically. If I check
>the Update History I can see that Windows Dreamscene has been installed, in
>fact I can choose the default Dreamscene video or one of my personal videos.
>The problem is that the Dreamscene Content pack is not shown in the available
>updates list, not even in the Optional Updates. Ive checked the Hidden
>Updates and is not there and if I manually check for Updates Windows Update
>responds that my pc is up to date and no Extras are available. Ive received
>all other updates, Holdem poker, basic Dreamscene installation and the
>default video but not the Content Pack.

Just wait a few days. This always happens. It takes a few times of
accessing Windows Update for them to appear.

A question:
Have you installed the Vista service pack1 release candidate? If so,
are your DreamScene videos or personal videos working?

DreamScene appears to be broken on mine if I install SP1.

I don't know why some are having problems and some are not.

Donald L McDaniel
Rodrigo_live

Re: No Dreamscene Problem - I have Genuine Vista Ultimate
No. I haven´t installed SP1 Release Candidate. Thanks for your answer but Its
over 30 days and the update is still not showing.

"Donald L McDaniel" wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:43:01 -0800, Rodrigo_live
> <Rodrigolive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed. I´ve
> >received all the latest updates from Windows Update automatically. If I check
> >the Update History I can see that Windows Dreamscene has been installed, in
> >fact I can choose the default Dreamscene video or one of my personal videos.
> >The problem is that the Dreamscene Content pack is not shown in the available
> >updates list, not even in the Optional Updates. I´ve checked the Hidden
> >Updates and is not there and if I manually check for Updates Windows Update
> >responds that my pc is up to date and no Extras are available. I´ve received
> >all other updates, Hold’em poker, basic Dreamscene installation and the
> >default video but not the Content Pack.

> Just wait a few days. This always happens. It takes a few times of
> accessing Windows Update for them to appear.
>
> A question:
> Have you installed the Vista service pack1 release candidate? If so,
> are your DreamScene videos or personal videos working?
>
> DreamScene appears to be broken on mine if I install SP1.
>
> I don't know why some are having problems and some are not.
>
> Donald L McDaniel

Donald L McDaniel

Re: No Dreamscene Problem - I have Genuine Vista Ultimate
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:53:04 -0800, Rodrigo_live
<Rodrigolive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>No. I havent installed SP1 Release Candidate. Thanks for your answer but Its
>over 30 days and the update is still not showing.
>
>"Donald L McDaniel" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:43:01 -0800, Rodrigo_live
>> <Rodrigolive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista Ultimate pre-installed. Ive
>> >received all the latest updates from Windows Update automatically. If I check
>> >the Update History I can see that Windows Dreamscene has been installed, in
>> >fact I can choose the default Dreamscene video or one of my personal videos.
>> >The problem is that the Dreamscene Content pack is not shown in the available
>> >updates list, not even in the Optional Updates. Ive checked the Hidden
>> >Updates and is not there and if I manually check for Updates Windows Update
>> >responds that my pc is up to date and no Extras are available. Ive received
>> >all other updates, Holdem poker, basic Dreamscene installation and the
>> >default video but not the Content Pack.

>> Just wait a few days. This always happens. It takes a few times of
>> accessing Windows Update for them to appear.
>>
>> A question:
>> Have you installed the Vista service pack1 release candidate? If so,
>> are your DreamScene videos or personal videos working?
>>
>> DreamScene appears to be broken on mine if I install SP1.
>>
>> I don't know why some are having problems and some are not.
>>
>> Donald L McDaniel

I have further news to report concerning this matter:
I downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Release Candidate again,
with the following results:

1) I reinstalled Vista Ultimate freshly. This time, ALL Vista
Ultimate Extras were displayed on Windows Update (Microsoft Update),
along with all the necessary Vista and Office updates.
2) Next was Microsoft Office 2007 System (I need it installed so I can
access all my stored software licenses.)
3) I then installed all my Stardock products, in this order:
Stardock Central, Object Desktop 2007, IconPackager, SkinStudio 6 Pro,
WindowBlinds 6, plus a few others (the ones which are actually usable
in Vista).
4) Next was Eset NOD32 Antivirus 3.x

5) Once all this initial preparation was completed, I activated Vista
and Office.
6) After this, I went to Windows Update and downloaded and installed
all the Extras I wanted (DreamScene, DreamScene Wallpaper Pack), as
well as all the latest Vista and Office updates which apply to my
system.
7) I fiddled with my Desktop for a few days, then went to the Technet
Vista download site and downloaded Vista SP1RC.
8) This morning I installed the Service Pack, and low and behold,
Windows Dream Scene is STILL present and working quite happily.

Finally, Vista seems to be running MUCH better, even though it was
running fairly well before installation of the service pack.
Rodrigo_live

Re: No Dreamscene Problem - I have Genuine Vista Ultimate
THANKS!!! I WILL TRY IT.