Can't use Windows Update

Tye

Can't use Windows Update
I usually check at least once a week for updates at the Microsoft update
site. I am using a registered version of XP Prof. SP2 and starting today,
when I arrive to the Microsoft update site, I am told that I am not running a
windows operating system and proceeds to direct me to the Windows products
for Macintosh home page. This is frightening if I am unable to keep up with
the new security fixes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TaurArian

Re: Can't use Windows Update
Windows Update Troubleshooter
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
Win2000 & WinXP
Look for:
When attempting to access the Windows Update Web site you receive the following message:
Thank You -- you must be running a Microsoft windows operating system in order to use
windows update

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Tye" <Tye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I usually check at least once a week for updates at the Microsoft update
| site. I am using a registered version of XP Prof. SP2 and starting today,
| when I arrive to the Microsoft update site, I am told that I am not running a
| windows operating system and proceeds to direct me to the Windows products
| for Macintosh home page. This is frightening if I am unable to keep up with
| the new security fixes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tye

Re: Can't use Windows Update
Thank you for your quick reply. I followed the directions as given but tu no
avail. I still have the same message. Any other ideas?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Windows Update Troubleshooter
> http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
> Win2000 & WinXP
> Look for:
> When attempting to access the Windows Update Web site you receive the following message:
> Thank You -- you must be running a Microsoft windows operating system in order to use
> windows update
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Tye" <Tye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I usually check at least once a week for updates at the Microsoft update
> | site. I am using a registered version of XP Prof. SP2 and starting today,
> | when I arrive to the Microsoft update site, I am told that I am not running a
> | windows operating system and proceeds to direct me to the Windows products
> | for Macintosh home page. This is frightening if I am unable to keep up with
> | the new security fixes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TaurArian

Re: Can't use Windows Update
Windows Update page says "Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site."
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/35/1/

--
====================================

| Thank you for your quick reply. I followed the directions as given but tu no
| avail. I still have the same message. Any other ideas?
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Windows Update Troubleshooter
| > http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
| > Win2000 & WinXP
| > Look for:
| > When attempting to access the Windows Update Web site you receive the following
message:
| > Thank You -- you must be running a Microsoft windows operating system in order to use
| > windows update
| >
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "Tye" <Tye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > |I usually check at least once a week for updates at the Microsoft update
| > | site. I am using a registered version of XP Prof. SP2 and starting today,
| > | when I arrive to the Microsoft update site, I am told that I am not running a
| > | windows operating system and proceeds to direct me to the Windows products
| > | for Macintosh home page. This is frightening if I am unable to keep up with
| > | the new security fixes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tye

Re: Can't use Windows Update
Thank you TaurArian all is working well again. Your help was greatly
appreciated. Just for my own information, what might have caused this error
to happen?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Windows Update page says "Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site."
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/35/1/
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Tye" <Tye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Thank you for your quick reply. I followed the directions as given but tu no
> | avail. I still have the same message. Any other ideas?
> |
> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > Windows Update Troubleshooter
> | > http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
> | > Win2000 & WinXP
> | > Look for:
> | > When attempting to access the Windows Update Web site you receive the following
> message:
> | > Thank You -- you must be running a Microsoft windows operating system in order to use
> | > windows update
> | >
> | > --
> | > ====================================
> | > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> | > ====================================
> | > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> | > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> | > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.

TaurArian

Re: Can't use Windows Update
Don't know Tye.

--
====================================

| Thank you TaurArian all is working well again. Your help was greatly
| appreciated. Just for my own information, what might have caused this error
| to happen?
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Windows Update page says "Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our
site."
| > http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/35/1/
| >
| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "Tye" <Tye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Thank you for your quick reply. I followed the directions as given but tu no
| > | avail. I still have the same message. Any other ideas?
| > |
| > |