WIN XP Pro not installing driver for HDD

Dave A

WIN XP Pro not installing driver for HDD
I recently updated my system motherboard and sucessfully installed new SATA
HDDs as my system drive in a RAID 1 config. When WIN XP starts up, says
"There was a problem installing this hardware: VIA SATA RAID 1 SCSI Device
An error occurred during the installation of the device. The specified
service does not exist as an installed device." Same thing for a SEAGATE
PATA 300GB drive that worked fine before. Another WDC PATA drive that was
the old system drive has no such issue. Updated system with latest VIA SATA
and PATA/IDE Hyperion drivers with no change. All work fine and show up
under My Computer folder. Under Device Manager, the drive properties show
the driver is not installed. This is driving me nuts. How do I resolve this
issue? Any help apprciated.
antioch

Re: WIN XP Pro not installing driver for HDD

"Dave A" <DaveA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently updated my system motherboard and sucessfully installed new SATA
> HDDs as my system drive in a RAID 1 config. When WIN XP starts up, says
> "There was a problem installing this hardware: VIA SATA RAID 1 SCSI
> Device
> An error occurred during the installation of the device. The specified
> service does not exist as an installed device." Same thing for a SEAGATE
> PATA 300GB drive that worked fine before. Another WDC PATA drive that was
> the old system drive has no such issue. Updated system with latest VIA
> SATA
> and PATA/IDE Hyperion drivers with no change. All work fine and show up
> under My Computer folder. Under Device Manager, the drive properties show
> the driver is not installed. This is driving me nuts. How do I resolve
> this
> issue? Any help apprciated.

Although you may get a reply to help. you would do better in a group that
deals with hardware matters on a computer running XP.
I see you are using that clunky web interface discussion group to post which
may have put you in the wrong group.
If you search you should find this one, below

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

Antioch

Dave A

Re: WIN XP Pro not installing driver for HDD
Thanks. Good idea. Updated and posted under that group.

Dave A