Office 2007 code 78F error

okying

Office 2007 code 78F error
I tried a lot of times, but the update always show code 78f error.
How can I do?
TaurArian

Re: Office 2007 code 78F error
The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and then go
Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack .

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"okying" <okying@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I tried a lot of times, but the update always show code 78f error.
| How can I do?

almole

Re: Office 2007 code 78F error
I have no CD as i'm on a sixty day trial, is there an alternative fix?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> The workaround is to place the Office 2007 install CD in the CD drive and then go
> Microsoft Update and install the Service Pack .
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "okying" <okying@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I tried a lot of times, but the update always show code 78f error.
> | How can I do?

dhm

Re: Office 2007 code 78F error

After 9 failed attempts to get Office 2007 SP1 installed on my machine
via Windows update I decided to investigate this a little bit further
and you are going to laugh about the solution. Believe it or not the
only thing that was required was to have a CD in the drive while the
update was happening, the funny thing is that it can be any CD/DVD as
long as it contains some data, so put a DVD movie and start watching it
while the service pack gets installed.

--
dhm
dhm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39088

http://forums.techarena.in

dm2win

"dhm" wrote:

> After 9 failed attempts to get Office 2007 SP1 installed on my machine
> via Windows update I decided to investigate this a little bit further
> and you are going to laugh about the solution. Believe it or not the
> only thing that was required was to have a CD in the drive while the
> update was happening, the funny thing is that it can be any CD/DVD as
> long as it contains some data, so put a DVD movie and start watching it
> while the service pack gets installed.
>

> --
> dhm
> dhm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39088
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=886600
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

dm2win

Re: Office 2007 code 78F error
after 4 tries, I disabled Superantispyware, disabled wireless connection,
inserted Office cd and tried the update.....it worked.... Thanks

"dhm" wrote:

> After 9 failed attempts to get Office 2007 SP1 installed on my machine
> via Windows update I decided to investigate this a little bit further
> and you are going to laugh about the solution. Believe it or not the
> only thing that was required was to have a CD in the drive while the
> update was happening, the funny thing is that it can be any CD/DVD as
> long as it contains some data, so put a DVD movie and start watching it
> while the service pack gets installed.
>

> --
> dhm
> dhm's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39088
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=886600
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

w0zzy1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
That worked a treat for me after numerous failed attempts to install! Thanks for the info.

w0zzy1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm View Post
After 9 failed attempts to get Office 2007 SP1 installed on my machine
via Windows update I decided to investigate this a little bit further
and you are going to laugh about the solution. Believe it or not the
only thing that was required was to have a CD in the drive while the
update was happening, the funny thing is that it can be any CD/DVD as
long as it contains some data, so put a DVD movie and start watching it
while the service pack gets installed.

--
dhm
dhm's Profile: dhm's profile on TechArena Computer Hardware Support Forums of India
View this thread: Office 2007 code 78F error - Windows Update

TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support Forums of India
my previous post may have been ambiguous. The solution that worked was putting a dvd in the drive. Any dvd! So I watched U2 while the install went ahead.
mistirsti

Works Great
Thank you for your post, it worked GREAT!!!!

Re: Works Great
Less filling!