This issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework 2.0 installation. In
order to resolve the issue, we have to remove/reinstall previous versions of
..NET Framework. Based on its current status, I suggest trying the following
Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
1. Please visit:
2. Save the file on your Desktop
3. Double click the file msicuu2.exe on the Desktop to install this tool on
Step 2: Remove the previous version of .NET Framework 2.0 if installed.
1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
2. Please locate and remove all .NET Framework products.
After removing .NET Framework components, let's reinstall .NET Framework 3.0
and its updates.
Step 3: Manually downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
1. Click the following link:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
2. When the file download window appears, please click "Save", and follow
the directions to save it on the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft
..NET Framework 3.0 setup file on your Desktop, double-click to manually
3. After completing the above steps, please restart the computer and install
the updates for .NET Framework 3.0 from the following links:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1
Update for .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB932471)