installation prob with Internet Explorer 7

Marlaine

installation prob with Internet Explorer 7
My computer keeps asking me to check my automatic updates, which I do and
every time it tells me it wants to update to IE7. I go through download and
installation looks like it's working great, then I always get a message
saying, "Installation can't be complete - some of the components couldn't be
installed." I don't see an error message. And even though it doesn't
install completely, I still get messages asking me to restart my computer so
that new installs can take effect.
I have XP. THere is enough space on the computer to do this installation.
I am not sure what is wrong? Can anyone help please?

Re: installation prob with Internet Explorer 7
Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= FOLLOW THESE TIPS TO THE LETTER!

[And I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the
installation source, not Automatic/Windows Update. Make *certain* that you
check in at Windows Update immediately after installing IE7 and install any
critical updates offered. If Optional Updates category offers Root
Certificates update, I recommend installing it to take full advantage of
IE7's additional security.]

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

=> Those with IE7-specific questions or comments are asked to post to and
seek support in this newsgroup: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

On the web:

In your newsreader:
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/