unable to check for update while windows firewall is enabled

supercomfreak

unable to check for update while windows firewall is enabled
Hi I am running windows vista ultimate the problem I am having is I am unable
to get updates.
when I check for updates I get an error code 8024402c and it says windows
could not search for updates however I have been able to get updates by
turning off windows firewall also I am unable to downlod programs from
microsofts website while the firewall is on. So I asume there is a problem
with the firewall how do I set up the firewall to accept updates from
microsoft I have had this problem since I installed vista ultimate two weeks
ago I must say I cant understand why the firewal is stopping the updates. in
the help and support section it says I may have to turn off the firewall I
find this inconveinient is there a way to fix this problem thank you
ps: I have also turned on atomaticlly detect settings in internet explorere
and i still get the errorand I have added the following sites to interned
trusted sites

http://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://*.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com
and still get the error cheers

--
supcomfreak
TaurArian

Re: unable to check for update while windows firewall is enabled
Suggest adding the Windows Update website addresses to exceptions/allow list
http://*.update.microsoft.com
https://*.update.microsoft.com
http://download.windowsupdate.com

If that hasn't help, check that the Windows Update Service can connect to the Internet
through port 80 and port 443.

--
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

news6358A81-B69C-45C0-A1D0-6AF2D4102F8B@microsoft.com...