Security update Vista

Mystico3

Security update Vista
error 800736CC

why has this not been taken care of, I have read so many threads about this
error blocking laptops with Vista from downloading it. WHAT IS THE
PROBLEM!!!!!

Can any people who know something concerning this please assist.

Otherwise, please show me how to remove this disaster from my laptop so i
can just downgrade to XP..lol

Seriously, can anyone help?

Re: Security update Vista
Did you...

Start a free Windows Update support incident request?

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Mystico3 wrote:
> error 800736CC
>
> why has this not been taken care of, I have read so many threads about
> this
> error blocking laptops with Vista from downloading it. WHAT IS THE
> PROBLEM!!!!!
>
> Can any people who know something concerning this please assist.
>
> Otherwise, please show me how to remove this disaster from my laptop so i
> can just downgrade to XP..lol
>
> Seriously, can anyone help?

Mystico3

Re: Security update Vista
I suppose I can do this, by why isn't microsoft handling this? There have
been so many inquiries concerning this security update, why should the
consumer have the waste their time. Personally, I have seen some of the
solutions presented, and they are confusing and time consuming. A patch for
this would work better than sending an incedent requst that will get piled in
a stack.

I really just want it fixed, not by me, but by microsoft, makers of the
wonder called VEEESTA.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you...
>
> Start a free Windows Update support incident request?
>
> Support for Windows Update:

> security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
> to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
>
> If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
> above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
> 47830).

> your usual support contacts.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>
> Mystico3 wrote:
> > error 800736CC
> >
> > why has this not been taken care of, I have read so many threads about
> > this
> > error blocking laptops with Vista from downloading it. WHAT IS THE
> > PROBLEM!!!!!
> >
> > Can any people who know something concerning this please assist.
> >
> > Otherwise, please show me how to remove this disaster from my laptop so i
> > can just downgrade to XP..lol
> >
> > Seriously, can anyone help?

TaurArian

Re: Security update Vista
MS Complaints Department:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Mystico3" <Mystico3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I suppose I can do this, by why isn't microsoft handling this? There have
| been so many inquiries concerning this security update, why should the
| consumer have the waste their time. Personally, I have seen some of the
| solutions presented, and they are confusing and time consuming. A patch for
| this would work better than sending an incedent requst that will get piled in
| a stack.
|
| I really just want it fixed, not by me, but by microsoft, makers of the
| wonder called VEEESTA.
|
| "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
|
| > Did you...
| >
| > Start a free Windows Update support incident request?
| > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
| >
| > Support for Windows Update:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/gp/wusupport
| >
| > For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in
| > the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft
| > subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with
| > security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related
| > to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).
| >
| > If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
| > above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
| > 47830).
| >
| > For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary
| > for security update support issues, visit the International Support Web
| > site: http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx
| >
| > For enterprise customers, support for security updates is available through
| > your usual support contacts.
| > --
| > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| > MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
| > AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
| >
| > Mystico3 wrote:
| > > error 800736CC
| > >
| > > why has this not been taken care of, I have read so many threads about
| > > this
| > > error blocking laptops with Vista from downloading it. WHAT IS THE
| > > PROBLEM!!!!!
| > >
| > > Can any people who know something concerning this please assist.
| > >
| > > Otherwise, please show me how to remove this disaster from my laptop so i
| > > can just downgrade to XP..lol
| > >
| > > Seriously, can anyone help?

Re: Security update Vista
Mystico3 (whom I've killfiled) should also be aware of the fact that users
do NOT post here if they had no problems installing an update.
--
~PAŞ