Error code 0x64C

starrlight9999

Error code 0x64C
I am also trying to install microsoft.net framework 1.1 service pack 1 and it
stops me and says the installation source for this product is not available.
Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. I have searched and
cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone let me know how to re-download the
installation package I need? I know it ends in tmpF7.tmp. Thanks.
Engel

RE: Error code 0x64C
Hello Starrligh,

Take a look at this

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...d-8a9257f5b694

see if that helps:

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ┬║ut.
- -- ---

"starrlight9999" wrote:

> I am also trying to install microsoft.net framework 1.1 service pack 1 and it
> stops me and says the installation source for this product is not available.
> Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. I have searched and
> cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone let me know how to re-download the
> installation package I need? I know it ends in tmpF7.tmp. Thanks.

TaurArian

Re: Error code 0x64C
How to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"starrlight9999" <starrlight9999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I am also trying to install microsoft.net framework 1.1 service pack 1 and it
| stops me and says the installation source for this product is not available.
| Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. I have searched and
| cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone let me know how to re-download the
| installation package I need? I know it ends in tmpF7.tmp. Thanks.

starrlight9999

RE: Error code 0x64C
Hi Engel,
I removed all versions of the net framework and looked at the clean-up
utility and did not find anything in there with a .net framework name. I then
re-downloaded all the net framework in the list and all worked accept the
service packs. None of the service packs will install! It just keeps telling
me the same message as before. I am I doing something wrong, please help.
Thanks.

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello Starrligh,
>
> Take a look at this
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...d-8a9257f5b694
>
> see if that helps:
>
> I hope this post is helpful.
>
> Let us know how it works ┬║ut.
> - -- ---
>

> "starrlight9999" wrote:
>
> > I am also trying to install microsoft.net framework 1.1 service pack 1 and it
> > stops me and says the installation source for this product is not available.
> > Verify that the source exists and that you can access it. I have searched and
> > cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone let me know how to re-download the
> > installation package I need? I know it ends in tmpF7.tmp. Thanks.

Calven

RE: Error code 0x64C

The issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. At this time,
let's refer to the following steps to troubleshoot it:

Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
1. Visit:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
2. Please save the file on your Desktop
3. Please double click the msicuu2.exe file to install it onto your computer.

Step 2: Remove .NET Framework 1.1
===========================
1. Click Start -> All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
2. Please locate and remove .NET Framework software.

After performing these steps, please move on to the following suggestions to
reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 and its updates.

Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and its updates
Please download and install the following updates in order.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB928366)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928366-X86.exe

Note: When the "File Download" window appears, please click Save, and follow
the directions to save the file on the Desktop. After downloading all the
setup files, please double-click on each one to install them.

Best Regards,

Calven