Re: Error 8007000B

learner pc

Re: Error 8007000B
hi please could you help i.ve been tring to do what you say but i'm not that
smart on the pc i go into start b ut i cant find run as Administrator so i
cant go any further pease reply thanks

"Sudheer GN [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
> Which version of Windows are you using?
>
> If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install
> updates, please try the following
> 1. Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All
> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and selecting "Run as
> " and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
> 2. In the command prompt, type the command below
> fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
> installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
> appropriately)
> 3. Reboot the machine
>

> This is the resolution only for 8007000b error while installing updates on
> Vista. This doesn't apply for other OS like Windows XP SP2 etc
>
> If your OS is not Vista, please send C:\windows\windowsupdate.log
>
> --
> Sudheer GN
> Microsoft, WU Client
>
> This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

> "philipmorris86" <philipmorris86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been receiving a code 8007000B error and cannot update at all. Does
> > anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

Chris G

Re: Error 8007000B
Hey learner pc,

By now 'Command Prompt' should be appearing inyour recently used programme
list. click on 'Start>then in the list above you should have 'Command Prompt'
highlight the progamme but now right click it then in the new list of option
there should be one that states "run as administrator" then click this.

Cheers, hope it helps you more than it helped me.
--
Chris G

"learner pc" wrote:

> hi please could you help i.ve been tring to do what you say but i'm not that
> smart on the pc i go into start b ut i cant find run as Administrator so i
> cant go any further pease reply thanks
>
> "Sudheer GN [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Which version of Windows are you using?
> >
> > If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install
> > updates, please try the following
> > 1. Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All
> > Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and selecting "Run as
> > " and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
> > 2. In the command prompt, type the command below
> > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> > (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
> > installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
> > appropriately)
> > 3. Reboot the machine
> >

> > This is the resolution only for 8007000b error while installing updates on
> > Vista. This doesn't apply for other OS like Windows XP SP2 etc
> >
> > If your OS is not Vista, please send C:\windows\windowsupdate.log
> >
> > --
> > Sudheer GN
> > Microsoft, WU Client
> >
> > This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> >

> > "philipmorris86" <philipmorris86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have been receiving a code 8007000B error and cannot update at all. Does
> > > anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

learner pc

Re: Error 8007000B
hi i have done all that i was told ie command promp but still cant get the
updtes to download also just realised that when i went to put a new cd in
the drive to copy on to the pc it wont work could this have anything to do
with each other so looking for answers to cure that problem to my pc is
windows vista home adition please help thanks
"learner pc" wrote:

> hi please could you help i.ve been tring to do what you say but i'm not that
> smart on the pc i go into start b ut i cant find run as Administrator so i
> cant go any further pease reply thanks
>
> "Sudheer GN [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Which version of Windows are you using?
> >
> > If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install
> > updates, please try the following
> > 1. Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All
> > Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and selecting "Run as
> > " and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
> > 2. In the command prompt, type the command below
> > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> > (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
> > installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
> > appropriately)
> > 3. Reboot the machine
> >

> > This is the resolution only for 8007000b error while installing updates on
> > Vista. This doesn't apply for other OS like Windows XP SP2 etc
> >
> > If your OS is not Vista, please send C:\windows\windowsupdate.log
> >
> > --
> > Sudheer GN
> > Microsoft, WU Client
> >
> > This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> >

> > "philipmorris86" <philipmorris86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have been receiving a code 8007000B error and cannot update at all. Does
> > > anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

learner pc

Re: Error 8007000B
hi chris thanks for trying to help but no joy still cant download alos just
noticed anoth problem tryed putting a cd in the drive to list to but that
doesnt seem to work does the two have anything in common trying to sort out
two things now really not happy i'm useing vista windows love to have so
more ideas

"Chris G" wrote:

> Hey learner pc,
>
> By now 'Command Prompt' should be appearing inyour recently used programme
> list. click on 'Start>then in the list above you should have 'Command Prompt'
> highlight the progamme but now right click it then in the new list of option
> there should be one that states "run as administrator" then click this.
>
> Cheers, hope it helps you more than it helped me.
> --
> Chris G
>

> "learner pc" wrote:
>
> > hi please could you help i.ve been tring to do what you say but i'm not that
> > smart on the pc i go into start b ut i cant find run as Administrator so i
> > cant go any further pease reply thanks
> >
> > "Sudheer GN [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Which version of Windows are you using?
> > >
> > > If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install
> > > updates, please try the following
> > > 1. Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All
> > > Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and selecting "Run as
> > > " and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
> > > 2. In the command prompt, type the command below
> > > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> > > (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
> > > installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
> > > appropriately)
> > > 3. Reboot the machine
> > >

> > > This is the resolution only for 8007000b error while installing updates on
> > > Vista. This doesn't apply for other OS like Windows XP SP2 etc
> > >
> > > If your OS is not Vista, please send C:\windows\windowsupdate.log
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sudheer GN
> > > Microsoft, WU Client
> > >
> > > This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

learner pc

Re: Error 8007000B
hi i'm useing windows vista