Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6

zgaryep

Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
I checked the Host file to insure that there are no Static IP's. I included
the update URL's in Trusted sites. I have taken action on all the suggestions
provided by MS. I still can not manuallly execute Windows Update and I don't
know if the automatic update function is working. I have not seen any
recently.This is the only known problem I have. I can download from any site
including MS. I would love to get any suggestions.
--
zgaryep
Robbok

RE: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
I have the same problem. I tried what you tried. It's been about 2 weeks
(since my last auto security update) that I haven't been able to access the
website. I think a glitch in the Dec. update is the problem. My ISO is MSN
Premium. I worked with their tech reps for several hours. They could not
resolve the problem-- they told me they would contact MS. I hope that MS can
get to the bottom of this soon. Maybe the auto updates for Jan. will provide
a fix.

"zgaryep" wrote:

> I checked the Host file to insure that there are no Static IP's. I included
> the update URL's in Trusted sites. I have taken action on all the suggestions
> provided by MS. I still can not manuallly execute Windows Update and I don't
> know if the automatic update function is working. I have not seen any
> recently.This is the only known problem I have. I can download from any site
> including MS. I would love to get any suggestions.
> --
> zgaryep

zgaryep

RE: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
Thank you for your posting. I contacted MS and they guaranteed me that my
problem would be resolved if I paid their techs $295, so you can tell that I
am waiting until you hear from your tech. Please post after you hear from
him/her.
--
zgaryep

"Robbok" wrote:

> I have the same problem. I tried what you tried. It's been about 2 weeks
> (since my last auto security update) that I haven't been able to access the
> website. I think a glitch in the Dec. update is the problem. My ISO is MSN
> Premium. I worked with their tech reps for several hours. They could not
> resolve the problem-- they told me they would contact MS. I hope that MS can
> get to the bottom of this soon. Maybe the auto updates for Jan. will provide
> a fix.
>
> "zgaryep" wrote:
>
> > I checked the Host file to insure that there are no Static IP's. I included
> > the update URL's in Trusted sites. I have taken action on all the suggestions
> > provided by MS. I still can not manuallly execute Windows Update and I don't
> > know if the automatic update function is working. I have not seen any
> > recently.This is the only known problem I have. I can download from any site
> > including MS. I would love to get any suggestions.
> > --
> > zgaryep

Robbok

RE: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
It would be cheaper to install Vista. MS claims FREE help with update
problems. I'm going to wait till the Jan. updates & see if it comes in
automatically & clears up the problem. I understand that Microsoft sent out
a recent stealth update that had problems. Many users got that update
without having the option of turning it down. I'm sure there are thousands of
users that have problems but don't know it yet.

"zgaryep" wrote:

> Thank you for your posting. I contacted MS and they guaranteed me that my
> problem would be resolved if I paid their techs $295, so you can tell that I
> am waiting until you hear from your tech. Please post after you hear from
> him/her.
> --
> zgaryep
>

> "Robbok" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem. I tried what you tried. It's been about 2 weeks
> > (since my last auto security update) that I haven't been able to access the
> > website. I think a glitch in the Dec. update is the problem. My ISO is MSN
> > Premium. I worked with their tech reps for several hours. They could not
> > resolve the problem-- they told me they would contact MS. I hope that MS can
> > get to the bottom of this soon. Maybe the auto updates for Jan. will provide
> > a fix.
> >
> > "zgaryep" wrote:
> >
> > > I checked the Host file to insure that there are no Static IP's. I included
> > > the update URL's in Trusted sites. I have taken action on all the suggestions
> > > provided by MS. I still can not manuallly execute Windows Update and I don't
> > > know if the automatic update function is working. I have not seen any
> > > recently.This is the only known problem I have. I can download from any site
> > > including MS. I would love to get any suggestions.
> > > --
> > > zgaryep

Florida Gal :)

RE: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
try disabling the extra toolbars in Internet Explorer..see if that helps

-- "Have a Great Day"

"Robbok" wrote:

> It would be cheaper to install Vista. MS claims FREE help with update
> problems. I'm going to wait till the Jan. updates & see if it comes in
> automatically & clears up the problem. I understand that Microsoft sent out
> a recent stealth update that had problems. Many users got that update
> without having the option of turning it down. I'm sure there are thousands of
> users that have problems but don't know it yet.
>
> "zgaryep" wrote:
>
> > Thank you for your posting. I contacted MS and they guaranteed me that my
> > problem would be resolved if I paid their techs $295, so you can tell that I
> > am waiting until you hear from your tech. Please post after you hear from
> > him/her.
> > --
> > zgaryep
> >

> > "Robbok" wrote:
> >
> > > I have the same problem. I tried what you tried. It's been about 2 weeks
> > > (since my last auto security update) that I haven't been able to access the
> > > website. I think a glitch in the Dec. update is the problem. My ISO is MSN
> > > Premium. I worked with their tech reps for several hours. They could not
> > > resolve the problem-- they told me they would contact MS. I hope that MS can
> > > get to the bottom of this soon. Maybe the auto updates for Jan. will provide
> > > a fix.

zgaryep

RE: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
Hey Florida Gal, I disabled all toolbars and that did not solv
--
zgaryep

"Florida Gal " wrote:

> try disabling the extra toolbars in Internet Explorer..see if that helps
>
> -- "Have a Great Day"
>

> "Robbok" wrote:
>
> > It would be cheaper to install Vista. MS claims FREE help with update
> > problems. I'm going to wait till the Jan. updates & see if it comes in
> > automatically & clears up the problem. I understand that Microsoft sent out
> > a recent stealth update that had problems. Many users got that update
> > without having the option of turning it down. I'm sure there are thousands of
> > users that have problems but don't know it yet.
> >
> > "zgaryep" wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for your posting. I contacted MS and they guaranteed me that my
> > > problem would be resolved if I paid their techs $295, so you can tell that I
> > > am waiting until you hear from your tech. Please post after you hear from
> > > him/her.
> > > --
> > > zgaryep

zgaryep

RE: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
Hey Florida Gal, I disabled all toolbars and that did not solve the problem,
but thanks for taking the time to post your suggestion.
--
zgaryep

"Florida Gal " wrote:

> try disabling the extra toolbars in Internet Explorer..see if that helps
>
> -- "Have a Great Day"
>

> "Robbok" wrote:
>
> > It would be cheaper to install Vista. MS claims FREE help with update
> > problems. I'm going to wait till the Jan. updates & see if it comes in
> > automatically & clears up the problem. I understand that Microsoft sent out
> > a recent stealth update that had problems. Many users got that update
> > without having the option of turning it down. I'm sure there are thousands of
> > users that have problems but don't know it yet.
> >
> > "zgaryep" wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for your posting. I contacted MS and they guaranteed me that my
> > > problem would be resolved if I paid their techs $295, so you can tell that I
> > > am waiting until you hear from your tech. Please post after you hear from
> > > him/her.
> > > --
> > > zgaryep

State40

RE: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
I am using Windows XP and have experienced the same problems. None of the
fixes seem to work.

Is this a decision by Microsoft to stop supporting non-VISTA users to force
us to change?

"zgaryep" wrote:

> Hey Florida Gal, I disabled all toolbars and that did not solve the problem,
> but thanks for taking the time to post your suggestion.
> --
> zgaryep
>

> "Florida Gal " wrote:
>
> > try disabling the extra toolbars in Internet Explorer..see if that helps
> >
> > -- "Have a Great Day"
> >

> > "Robbok" wrote:
> >
> > > It would be cheaper to install Vista. MS claims FREE help with update
> > > problems. I'm going to wait till the Jan. updates & see if it comes in
> > > automatically & clears up the problem. I understand that Microsoft sent out
> > > a recent stealth update that had problems. Many users got that update
> > > without having the option of turning it down. I'm sure there are thousands of
> > > users that have problems but don't know it yet.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
Test to see if Automatic Updates works ...
go to Start > Run > type in or copy and paste the below into the Open: line

wuauclt /detectnow

Click OK or press Enter
Then open the WindowsUpdate.log located in the WINDOWS [WINNT] directory.
Scroll down towards the bottom for the most recent entry.

There has been an increase in posts with the error 0x80072EE7 in the
past 2 -3 weeks.

Causes for the error include 3rd party firewalls [Zone Alarm, Comodo],
a malware known as WareOut, improperly installed/damaged/corrupted
software compenents needed to successfully access Windows/Microsoft
Update and/or Automatic Update [ antivirus software that does not allow
system file changes or ActiveX objects to function properly ].

IF one finds entries in the WindowsUpdate.log that look like these:

2007-12-31 13:45:17:703 360 390 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2007-12-31 13:45:17:718 360 390 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2007-12-31 13:45:32:718 360 390 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal failed
for http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...r/wuredir.cab:
error 0x80072ee7
2007-12-31 13:45:32:718 360 390 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2007-12-31 13:45:32:718 360 390 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2007-12-31 13:45:33:046 360 390 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\9482F4B4-E343-43B6-B170-9A65BC822C77\wuredir.cab:
2007-12-31 13:45:33:046 360 390 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2007-12-31 13:45:33:078 360 390 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.c ab:
2007-12-31 13:45:33:093 360 390 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2007-12-31 13:45:33:218 360 390 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WebSetup\wuident.c ab:
2007-12-31 13:45:33:218 360 390 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2007-12-31 13:45:48:218 360 390 Misc WARNING: DownloadFileInternal
failed for
http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...sus3setup.cab:
error 0x80072ee7
2007-12-31 13:45:48:218 360 390 WUWeb FATAL: CheckIfClientUpdateNeeded
failed: error 0x80072ee7

Than strongly suggest one either run Fixwareout.exe according to Steps
#1 through # 11 here:

WareOut usually brings 'other' malware along for the ride. It would be
wise to have the system checked by a reputable anti-malware forum once
the 0x80072EE7 has been resolved.
Please read the guideline of the forum of choice prior to posting there:

http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...lysis-f22.html
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=2
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showforum=44
http://castlecops.com/f67-Hijackthis...s_Oh_My.htm l

Or, check this key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip

Click the plus sign next to Tcpip
Click *on* the Parameters folder
In the right frame, check what the Data shows for NameServer
Post back with that information, please.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

zgaryep wrote:

> I checked the Host file to insure that there are no Static IP's. I included
> the update URL's in Trusted sites. I have taken action on all the suggestions
> provided by MS. I still can not manuallly execute Windows Update and I don't
> know if the automatic update function is working. I have not seen any
> recently.This is the only known problem I have. I can download from any site
> including MS. I would love to get any suggestions.

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Err Msg 0x80072EE7 Win 2000 Pro Sp4 IE V6
There is NO CHARGE support offered for issues with Security updates.
Read ANY security bulletin here if you are skeptical :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/current.aspx

The most recent bulletin as of 1/5/2008 is :
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (942615): MS07-069
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-069.mspx

Scroll down towards the bottom of that page and READ what is states
under Support:

" Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.
• International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft
subsidiaries. There is no charge for support that is associated with
security updates. For more information about how to contact Microsoft
for support issues, visit the International Support Web site. "

EVERY security bulletin has the same information.

THERE WAS NO RECENT STEALTH UPDATE issued by Microsoft.
If you have *proof* that there was one, PROVE IT or stop making false
accusations.
In reality, when attempting to assist you in a previous thread, you
never posted the System Event log as requested.
Instead, you posted this :

> I can no longer get into the update site-- I get the error message. If I can
> get into the site, I would be glad to look it up for you. My ISO is MSN
> Premium/Verizon-- maybe it's their problem, although they say it's MS. And
> online support cuts me off.

Perhaps if you had stayed with the thread you would not be posting UTTER
NONSENSE into other people's threads.
But then again, YOU interjected your issue into another person's thread
and have never started one of your own, have you ?

AND, BTW, it's *ISP*, not ISO, when you refer to MSN Premium/Verizon.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten