RE: Error 8024002D in Vista

rdon

RE: Error 8024002D in Vista

"garnets49" wrote:

> Hi, I'm sorry I can't help anyone but I have a question about this error as
> well. I have a new PC with Vista and why would it try to install an office
> xp3 update to Vista? Is there a way to get around not having to update this
> particular one or do I really need it?? Thank you very much for any help you
> may give.
>
> "tafkamtes" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have an update showing in Windows Update for Office XP Service
> > Pack 3, which repeatedly fails to install, giving the error code
> > 8024002D.
> > It asks for the Publisher disc half way through installation, but
> > providing it merely changes the error code produced to 51D and the
> > installation still fails.
> > Any ideas?

MAS

RE: Error 8024002D in Vista
I am in the same situation. I have a new PC with VISTA loaded. I cannot
complete the installation and when I am in excel it shuts down because the
install is not accepted. Please help I cannot complete my work.

"rdon" wrote:

> "garnets49" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm sorry I can't help anyone but I have a question about this error as
> > well. I have a new PC with Vista and why would it try to install an office
> > xp3 update to Vista? Is there a way to get around not having to update this
> > particular one or do I really need it?? Thank you very much for any help you
> > may give.
> >
> > "tafkamtes" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I have an update showing in Windows Update for Office XP Service
> > > Pack 3, which repeatedly fails to install, giving the error code
> > > 8024002D.
> > > It asks for the Publisher disc half way through installation, but
> > > providing it merely changes the error code produced to 51D and the
> > > installation still fails.
> > > Any ideas?

TaurArian

Re: Error 8024002D in Vista
Error Code: 0x8024002D
means - a full-file patch failed because the source was required

If you were downloading a patch, repair Office install and try the patch again or try
installing the patch with the Office CD in the installation drive.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"MAS" <MAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I am in the same situation. I have a new PC with VISTA loaded. I cannot
| complete the installation and when I am in excel it shuts down because the
| install is not accepted. Please help I cannot complete my work.
|
| "rdon" wrote:
|

| > "garnets49" wrote:
| >
| > > Hi, I'm sorry I can't help anyone but I have a question about this error as
| > > well. I have a new PC with Vista and why would it try to install an office
| > > xp3 update to Vista? Is there a way to get around not having to update this
| > > particular one or do I really need it?? Thank you very much for any help you
| > > may give.

Art Catherall

Re: Error 8024002D in Vista
Inserted the 2006 office suite disc as you suggested and update installed ok.
Many thanks.
Art. C