"Natty Boh man" <NattyBohman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to use Windows Update Catalog to update my WSUS server
> for a
> while now and nobody can tell me how to do it so far.
> Does anyone know if it is even possible to import the files you download
> from Windows Update Catalog onto your WSUS server?
It's not .. not if you're first downloading to the file server and then
trying to "import".
WSUS3 Operations Guide, p29 "Importing hotfixes from the Microsoft Update
catalog site" will tell you everything you need to do to achieve your
1. In the WSUS administrative console, select either the top server node or
the Updates node, and in the Actions pane click Import Updates.
2. A browser window will open at the Microsoft Update Catalog Web site.
3. In order to access the updates at this site, you must install the
Microsoft Update Catalog ActiveX control.
4. You can browse this site for Windows hotfixes and hardware drivers. When
you have found the ones you want, add them to your basket.
5. When you have finished browsing, go to the basket and click Import to
import your updates. To download the updates without importing them, clear
the Import directly into Windows Server Update Services checkbox.
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2008)
MS WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus
My Websites: http://www.onsitechsolutions.com;
My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pro...awrence.Garvin