.Net failures

AW

.Net failures
Hello
Have tried many times to download and install "Security Update for Microsoft
..NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)" and "Security Update
for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)". They download but fail
to install everytime.
Strange thing is "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) has
installed but 2.0 failed to install (see above). Version 3.0 (+SP1) has
installed so does it matter about the others? If it does how do I do it?
Thanks
Andrew

AW
howard stern

RE: .Net failures

"AW" wrote:

> Hello
> Have tried many times to download and install "Security Update for Microsoft
> .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)" and "Security Update
> for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)". They download but fail
> to install everytime.
> Strange thing is "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) has
> installed but 2.0 failed to install (see above). Version 3.0 (+SP1) has
> installed so does it matter about the others? If it does how do I do it?
> Thanks
> Andrew
>
> AW

PA Bear

Re: .Net failures
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

AW wrote:
> Hello
> Have tried many times to download and install "Security Update for
> Microsoft
> .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)" and "Security
> Update
> for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)". They download but
> fail to install everytime.
> Strange thing is "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
> has
> installed but 2.0 failed to install (see above). Version 3.0 (+SP1) has
> installed so does it matter about the others? If it does how do I do it?
> Thanks
> Andrew
>
> AW

AW

Re: .Net failures
PA Bear
Many thanks for your assistance. I have done exactly what the article says
however when I download, open and run the .NET Framework 1.0 it asks me where
I want to put it. I have tried twice with the Windows folder and Program
Files but when I download, open and run .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 it
tells me that the upgrade cannot be installed because the (presumably) .NET
Framework 1.0 is missing. Help please?
Many thanks
aw56001

--
AW

"PA Bear" wrote:

> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> AW wrote:
> > Hello
> > Have tried many times to download and install "Security Update for
> > Microsoft
> > .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)" and "Security
> > Update
> > for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)". They download but
> > fail to install everytime.
> > Strange thing is "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
> > has
> > installed but 2.0 failed to install (see above). Version 3.0 (+SP1) has
> > installed so does it matter about the others? If it does how do I do it?
> > Thanks
> > Andrew
> >
> > AW

Re: .Net failures
Time to bring in the heavies, AW. Good luck!

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

AW wrote:
> PA Bear
> Many thanks for your assistance. I have done exactly what the article says
> however when I download, open and run the .NET Framework 1.0 it asks me
> where I want to put it. I have tried twice with the Windows folder and
> Program Files but when I download, open and run .NET Framework 1.0 Service
> Pack 3 it tells me that the upgrade cannot be installed because the
> (presumably) .NET Framework 1.0 is missing. Help please?
>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title)
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> AW wrote:
>>> Hello
>>> Have tried many times to download and install "Security Update for
>>> Microsoft
>>> .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)" and "Security
>>> Update
>>> for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)". They download but
>>> fail to install everytime.
>>> Strange thing is "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806)
>>> has
>>> installed but 2.0 failed to install (see above). Version 3.0 (+SP1) has
>>> installed so does it matter about the others? If it does how do I do it?
>>> Thanks
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> AW

Calven

RE: .Net failures

I would like to explain that there are several versions of .NET Framework
program. 2.0 is latest version for Windows XP system and .NET 1.1 is a
previous version which provides support for several old programs. Higher 3.0
or 3.5 version is designed for Windows Vista system.

The issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. To totally
resolve the issue, we will remove all installed .NET Framework program and
only install 2.0 this time.

Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
1. Visit:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
2. Save the file on the Desktop.
3. Please double click the msicuu2.exe file to install it on the computer.

Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
========================
1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
2. Please locate and remove all .NET Framework software.

After that, please perform the following suggestions to reinstall .NET
Framework 2.0 and its updates.

Step 3: Reinstall .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package and its
updates
Please download and install the following updates in order.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...a/dotnetfx.exe

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...x20SP1_x86.exe

Note: When the "File Download" window appears, please click Save, and follow
the directions to save the file on the Desktop. After downloading all the
setup files, please double-click on each one to install them.

Best Regards,

Calven

יואב

RE: .Net failures
Hi Calven,
My saga started with a repeated security update notification for .NET
framework ver 1.1.
I read your post and tried removing all framework versions using Microsoft
Windows Installer CleanUp Utility . This seemed to work but apparently left
some residues which I removed using other cleaning utilities. I tried
installing .NET Framework ver 2.0 downloaded from the links you supplied but
the installation failed (error stated that installation couldn't commence
because a previouse version is installed - which of course it wasn't). I
tried reinstalling ver 1.1 and that failed too (giving a different error).
I am now without any version of framework installed but still with the
annoying security update notification.
Any Ideas?
Yoav

"Calven" wrote:

> I would like to explain that there are several versions of .NET Framework
> program. 2.0 is latest version for Windows XP system and .NET 1.1 is a
> previous version which provides support for several old programs. Higher 3.0
> or 3.5 version is designed for Windows Vista system.
>
> The issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. To totally
> resolve the issue, we will remove all installed .NET Framework program and
> only install 2.0 this time.
>
> Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> 1. Visit:
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
> 2. Save the file on the Desktop.
> 3. Please double click the msicuu2.exe file to install it on the computer.
>
> Step 2: Remove .NET Framework
> ========================
> 1. Click Start -> (All) Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
> 2. Please locate and remove all .NET Framework software.
>
> After that, please perform the following suggestions to reinstall .NET
> Framework 2.0 and its updates.
>
> Step 3: Reinstall .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package and its
> updates
> ================================================== ==============
> Please download and install the following updates in order.
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...a/dotnetfx.exe
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...x20SP1_x86.exe
>
> Note: When the "File Download" window appears, please click Save, and follow
> the directions to save the file on the Desktop. After downloading all the
> setup files, please double-click on each one to install them.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Calven

Calven

RE: .Net failures

Hello again.

I would like to explain that there are several versions of .NET Framework
program. 2.0 is latest version for Windows XP system and .NET 1.1 is a
previous version which provides support for several old programs.

If you still would like to install .Net Framework 1.1 and its update, let's
refer to the following steps to troubleshoot it:

Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
1. Visit:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
2. Please save the file on your Desktop
3. Please double click the msicuu2.exe file to install it onto your computer.

Step 2: Remove .NET Framework 1.1
===========================
1. Click Start -> All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
2. Please locate and remove .NET Framework 1.1 software.

After performing these steps, please move on to the following suggestions to
reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 and its updates.

Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and its updates
Please download and install the following updates in order.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB928366)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928366-X86.exe

Best Regards,

Calven

mpc

RE: .Net failures
Hello.

I am having the same issues as mentioned above. I followed the instructions
but Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package also failed
to install. Any futher assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

"Calven" wrote:

> Hello again.
>
> I would like to explain that there are several versions of .NET Framework
> program. 2.0 is latest version for Windows XP system and .NET 1.1 is a
> previous version which provides support for several old programs.
>
> If you still would like to install .Net Framework 1.1 and its update, let's
> refer to the following steps to troubleshoot it:
>
> Step 1: Download Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> 1. Visit:
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...BD/msicuu2.exe
> 2. Please save the file on your Desktop
> 3. Please double click the msicuu2.exe file to install it onto your computer.
>
> Step 2: Remove .NET Framework 1.1
> ===========================
> 1. Click Start -> All Programs->Windows Installer Clean Up.
> 2. Please locate and remove .NET Framework 1.1 software.
>
> After performing these steps, please move on to the following suggestions to
> reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 and its updates.
>
> Step 3: Install .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package and its updates
> Please download and install the following updates in order.
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...6/dotnetfx.exe
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...867460-X86.exe
>
> Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
> (KB928366)
> http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...928366-X86.exe
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Calven

Re: .Net failures
Always state your Windows version, please.

First, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title).

If no joy, see this recent post by my colleague MowGreen:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...76de7769d04493