Conflict w/Trend Micro Internet Security 2008

Pyro

Conflict w/Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
After installing Trend Micro Internet Security 2008, not only will the
product not activate (get error message like "unable to contact Trend
Micro"), but Windows Update now does not function (get error code
0x80072EE7). Followed all the steps regarding a resolution to that
particular error code from Microsoft's website, but problem still not solved.
Running Windows Media Center Edition 2005. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Already wasted several hours, including a couple on the phone
w/Trend Micro.
TaurArian

Re: Conflict w/Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
Reboot and try again.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Pyro" <Pyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| After installing Trend Micro Internet Security 2008, not only will the
| product not activate (get error message like "unable to contact Trend
| Micro"), but Windows Update now does not function (get error code
| 0x80072EE7). Followed all the steps regarding a resolution to that
| particular error code from Microsoft's website, but problem still not solved.
| Running Windows Media Center Edition 2005. Any suggestions would be
| appreciated. Already wasted several hours, including a couple on the phone
| w/Trend Micro.

Pyro

Re: Conflict w/Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
Rebooting of no help, already done that several times.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Reboot and try again.
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Pyro" <Pyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | After installing Trend Micro Internet Security 2008, not only will the
> | product not activate (get error message like "unable to contact Trend
> | Micro"), but Windows Update now does not function (get error code
> | 0x80072EE7). Followed all the steps regarding a resolution to that
> | particular error code from Microsoft's website, but problem still not solved.
> | Running Windows Media Center Edition 2005. Any suggestions would be
> | appreciated. Already wasted several hours, including a couple on the phone
> | w/Trend Micro.

PA Bear

Re: Conflict w/Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
Did you uninstall your previous anti-virus application/security suite and
any third-party firewall before installing TMIS 2008? What were these
applications?

If you uninstall TMIS 2008, does Windows Update "function"?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Pyro wrote:
> Rebooting of no help, already done that several times.
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>> Reboot and try again.
>>
>> "Pyro" <Pyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> After installing Trend Micro Internet Security 2008, not only will the
>>> product not activate (get error message like "unable to contact Trend
>>> Micro"), but Windows Update now does not function (get error code
>>> 0x80072EE7). Followed all the steps regarding a resolution to that
>>> particular error code from Microsoft's website, but problem still not
>>> solved. Running Windows Media Center Edition 2005. Any suggestions
>>> would
>>> be appreciated. Already wasted several hours, including a couple on the
>>> phone w/Trend Micro.

TaurArian

Re: Conflict w/Trend Micro Internet Security 2008
Robear, TMIS2008 is a "problem child", installs nice on some computers not on others. I
had the same error when installing over 2007 version but a reboot fixed the same for me.
Spam Filter does not play nice with OE either (regardless of whether Nortons was installed
or not) No solution to the problem. Phishing filter on Trend may also cause problems. Had
to disable the same.
As for the WU error - has Trend been configured to not scan the softwaredistribution
folder? That's the only other thing I did.
Perhaps Trend was accidently configured to block WU?

--