Re: Error Code: 0x80131700

Mustafa

Re: Error Code: 0x80131700
Hi
I have the same problem
I couldnt install the update called as
"Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
(KB928366)"
I try the solution you gave but at that time the error mesages
"This application has failed to start because fusion.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem." and then
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\msco rwks.dll couldnt be loaded"
appears.
I would like to learn how could I solve this problem.
My AV software is Nod32, but I close the application before the procedure.
Thanks for your attention.

Mustafa

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Which antivirus, firewall, and/or security software [popup blocker;
> ActiveX/script blocker,etc] is installed ?
>
> Temporarily disable the installed AV from actively monitoring the
> system. Please consult the Help file of said AV or visit the
> manufacturer's web site if you need assistance doing this.
>
> Then see if you can manually download KB928366 from here
> NOTE: **** NOT FOR VISTA***
>
> Save it, do not run it from 'it's present location'.
> When the download completes, close the browser and any other open programs.
> With the AV still completely disabled, install NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe
> Restart the system if requested to.
>
> Reenable the AV now.
> If you feel the system is at risk while connected to the net with the AV
> temp disabled, disconnect the system after KB928366 has downloaded and
> then install it.
> Then reenable the AV and reconnect.
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> tirgis1 wrote:
>
> > Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
> > (KB928366)
> >
> > I've been trying to download this update for weeks now with no success, can
> > anyone help me out? Help Please
> >
> > I keep getting Error Code: 0x80131700

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error Code: 0x80131700
Is Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366) listed in Add/Remove
Programs in the Control Panel ?
If yes, try to Remove it.
IF it is not, are there any other updates listed for Microsoft .NET
Framework 1.1 ?
If yes, try to Remove them starting with the last one listed.
When all of the updates/hotfixes have been Removed or there are none
listed, click on Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and click the
Change/Remove button.
Choose to Repair the .NET Framework installlation.

If that can not be done successfully, then follow the steps here to
remove it but *DO NOT* reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 :
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archi...11/479928.aspx

When you're done, redownload, save, and then install .NET Framework 1.1
from the link on the above page, NOT through Windows Update.
Restart the system and then revisit Windows Update, choose CUSTOM to see
which updates are offered for it. Write down the KB number(s).

Next, go to the Microsoft Download Center, enter the KB number(s) of the
update(s) in the Search field, download, and save them.
Close ALL open programs and browsers.
Now install it/them, restarting the system when requested to.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten