Error instaling update

Guald

Error instaling update
Hello. I gotta problem, when I turning off my PC it shows installing update 1
of 1. And all the time when I do it, it shows same message, I think its
something wrong. Becouse I turn off my pc 3 or 4 times per day and it
installs same update. Any suggestions how to solve the problem??
PA Bear

Re: Error instaling update
Windows version? What update?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Guald wrote:
> Hello. I gotta problem, when I turning off my PC it shows installing
> update
> 1 of 1. And all the time when I do it, it shows same message, I think its
> something wrong. Becouse I turn off my pc 3 or 4 times per day and it
> installs same update. Any suggestions how to solve the problem??

Guald

Re: Error instaling update
Windows XP SP 2, I dont know what update, it does not show me, just showing:
"Instaling update 1 of 1... "
PA Bear

Re: Error instaling update
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

What update(s) is offered if you go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com,
select CUSTOM and scan?
===========
Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before attempting
to install the update(s).
===========
How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs

3a. Check Windowsupdate.log (%windir%\Windowsupdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blog...showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.
===============

Support for Windows Update:

Guald wrote:
> Windows XP SP 2, I dont know what update, it does not show me, just
> showing:
> "Instaling update 1 of 1... "

<paste>
PA Bear wrote:
> Windows version? What update?
>
> Guald wrote:
>> Hello. I gotta problem, when I turning off my PC it shows installing
>> update
>> 1 of 1. And all the time when I do it, it shows same message, I think its
>> something wrong. Becouse I turn off my pc 3 or 4 times per day and it
>> installs same update. Any suggestions how to solve the problem??

Guald

Re: Error instaling update
I think it's "Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service
Pack 2 (KB936181)"

I installed it. After reboot everything was good, but when I just connected
to internet, it's shows same update in update.microsoft.com
juch

RE: Error instaling update

"Guald" wrote:

> Hello. I gotta problem, when I turning off my PC it shows installing update 1
> of 1. And all the time when I do it, it shows same message, I think its
> something wrong. Becouse I turn off my pc 3 or 4 times per day and it
> installs same update. Any suggestions how to solve the problem??

PA Bear

Re: Error instaling update
See MowGreen's replies in these recent threads:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1+%2B+mowgreen

==============================

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (i.e., KB936181).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Guald wrote:
> I think it's "Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service
> Pack 2 (KB936181)"
>
> I installed it. After reboot everything was good, but when I just
> connected
> to internet, it's shows same update in update.microsoft.com

juch

RE: Error instaling update

"juch" wrote: I, too, am notified of updates to install absolutely, every
time I shut down my computer. The updates always alternate between 1 and 3.
This does not seem like reasonal information. It is, also, annoying,
because I do not choose to shut down my computer most of the time. Also, how
is the rating effective? Is it just helpful to know other users are having
the same problem. Cold comfort here.

> "Guald" wrote:
>
> > Hello. I gotta problem, when I turning off my PC it shows installing update 1
> > of 1. And all the time when I do it, it shows same message, I think its
> > something wrong. Becouse I turn off my pc 3 or 4 times per day and it
> > installs same update. Any suggestions how to solve the problem??

UDAY

RE: Error instaling update